2013 Player Profile: Dyson Heppell

Started by Kellogscrunchynut, September 09, 2012, 06:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

upgrade target i think, see how he goes

azza707

This article not only makes Heppell an interesting selection now, but also brings someone like Dylan Van Unen to my attention. Dempsey and Heppell were the main rebounders for essendon last year i think, and if Heppell moves into the midfield a lot more, could open the door for this mature age recruit to fill in the hole when heppell is in the guts. one to watch i guess. like i said mature age recruit is a huge +

Andrew

Quote from: azza707 on January 08, 2013, 02:55:32 AM
This article not only makes Heppell an interesting selection now, but also brings someone like Dylan Van Unen to my attention. Dempsey and Heppell were the main rebounders for essendon last year i think, and if Heppell moves into the midfield a lot more, could open the door for this mature age recruit to fill in the hole when heppell is in the guts. one to watch i guess. like i said mature age recruit is a huge +

+1, it's van Unen or Stevenson for the last DEF spot for mine.

SydneyRox

Dont forget the did get a little recruit Brendon Goddard, who will probably play out of defense floating into the mids.

azza707

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 08, 2013, 04:45:56 PM
Dont forget the did get a little recruit Brendon Goddard, who will probably play out of defense floating into the mids.

I know that, but Watson has been doing it all by himself for too long now. Think this year they will look to get Watson in the middle alongside Heppell/Goddard/Stanton/Zaha/Howlett and the likes. he seriously needs some support

SydneyRox

Yes, which i think is where Heppel comes in while Goddard manages the backline, meaning a guy like Van Unen may not make a massive upsurge

tbagrocks

Heppell for me is a lock, third year with first two over 80 ave, you could recruit Ablett and Swan to play half back for Essendon and Hep would still find a way to get the pill :o

Adamant

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 10, 2013, 01:01:44 AM
Heppell for me is a lock, third year with first two over 80 ave, you could recruit Ablett and Swan to play half back for Essendon and Hep would still find a way to get the pill :o

So glad that Duffman is getting hyped up, makes me feel better about trading Heppell to you. :-\

tbagrocks

I traded Heppell for Trengove, also lost what I now realize should have kept pick 6, instead of Wines and Kennedy I got McRae and Kennedy, still, McRae looks good and Trengove I watched as he single handedly tore appart Glenelg in a final before he was drafted, JT will be a super star soon enough, sure I'm sorry at losing Duffman and Heppell but, I gots Trengove, Toumpas ans Ben Kennedy for it ;) but I did lose Dusty!

Ziplock

you traded... heppell for trengove?

I wish you were in euros.

azza707

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 10, 2013, 12:57:32 AM
Yes, which i think is where Heppel comes in while Goddard manages the backline, meaning a guy like Van Unen may not make a massive upsurge

Yeah I know what you mean, wasnt really saying that is a lock for a back rookie, more so that Van Unen is now one to watch in the NAB, whereas before i didn't  really give him a chance at all. Mature age with a nice kick, may be able to break into the side depending on pre season performances.

tbagrocks

Sure Heppell will be a fine back for a year or two

Maybe you didn't see the reason why Trengove (fyi, was only pick two because of victorian bias) was drafted pick two, not your fault

Trust me on this and who cares if you don't! Jake Trengove will end up a better fantasy midfielder than Heppell! :P

Ziplock

ohhhh jack,well that's ballsy, but makes sense.

I thought you were talking about jackson :P

tbagrocks

Btw the trade assured I got in Ben Kennedy ;) the draft picks worked in my favor in this trade, I highly doubt any other player from this draft will largley out score my man Ben ;), Wines, Viney, Hrovat? Ben had just as good or better stats than these guys 8)

Lol Zip is you don't trust me, maybe you should apply for the vacant assistant role at the Llamas ???

I'm confident we have selected the best young talant in the country

Capper

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 07, 2013, 05:45:56 PM
Nice article, helps answer Tabs questions... more midfield time is encouraging...
yes it does and at the moment im starting Heppell over Goddard. Goddard will be an upgrade target after the byes