Kellogscrunchynut

Dyson Heppell- Essendon Bombers

Position: DEF

Price: $402,300 (fan planner)

2011 Games: 22

2012 Games: 83.5

2011 Avergae: 85.2

2012 Average: 20

2012 Tons: 2 (111 vs Collingwood in round 5 and a 137 against Brisbane is round 6)

Summary: Heppell backed up a grand debut year with a solid second year in the competition and with an average of 85 is knocking on the door of becoming a future defence premium. This year I believe that he will make that jump up to a premium status among defenders and hopefully will be supported by a strong side that isn't crippled by injuries unlike this year.

Verdict: I Believe that he will become a premium in defence next year and will become a mainstay in Dreamteams in years to come.

Predicted Average: 92

Adamant

Windigo

Given a few defenders won't be there next year he shapes as an easy lock in many sides.

Torpedo10

locked and loaded. Waters should be back next year as doesn't look like an achilles injury but would be a pretty risky pick.

elephants

In my side at the moment. Probably only because of the stacked nature of my backs!

Ricochet

considering him, but is behind Goddard, Gibbs, Birchall and Grimes atm.
will probably be an upgrade for me

Heppell21

Biggest Heppell fan. Has got age on his side and can only improve.
Great price.

LOCKED AND LOADED

Noz

If he is just a tick under 400k i believe he is a massive bargain and hugely underpriced. Would be a lock in my team and!

Adamant

Quote from: Heppell21 on September 18, 2012, 12:05:47 AM
Biggest Heppell fan. Has got age on his side and can only improve.
Great price.

LOCKED AND LOADED
I can see that  ;)

Scrads

Quote from: Noz on September 18, 2012, 12:31:09 AM
If he is just a tick under 400k i believe he is a massive bargain and hugely underpriced. Would be a lock in my team and!

Comments like this confuse me, do people not understand how the MN/Salary cap work ?

The actual price given to a player means nothing. They will be priced according to their average. If a player is 200k in a salary cap of 10 million it is NO different to the same player being 220k in a salary cap of 11 million. The prices of players will always be on the same scale as the salary cap so Heppell will be priced at an average of 83.2 and if he is 350k or 450k or 550k he will be the same % of your salary cap, it will be no difference.

Adamant

Quote from: Scrads on September 18, 2012, 02:19:38 AM

Comments like this confuse me, do people not understand how the MN/Salary cap work ?

The actual price given to a player means nothing. They will be priced according to their average. If a player is 200k in a salary cap of 10 million it is NO different to the same player being 220k in a salary cap of 11 million. The prices of players will always be on the same scale as the salary cap so Heppell will be priced at an average of 83.2 and if he is 350k or 450k or 550k he will be the same % of your salary cap, it will be no difference.
+1
Well said Scrads.

Ricochet

Noz

Quote from: Scrads on September 18, 2012, 02:19:38 AM

Calm down mate I'm just saying he is underpriced for what he can average

Shihan7

DT87

With the lack of reliable and consistent options in the backline next year, it is hard to find any reasons not to pick Heppell. I've locked him in.