2013 Player Profile: Matthew Wright

Started by Cicjose, September 09, 2012, 02:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Captain

Too many good mids there for him to get a dcent run. Thompson, Danger, Sloane, Vince, Van Berlo all ahead. Then blokes like MCkay and probably crouch get a run in there too! I think he will stay around the forward flank only and cant seeing him surpassing a 90 average...

roti

That article makes me more tempted actually. The fact he only went above 30 possies twice and averaged 85 or whatever means that he can still improve his game that 10-15% and is capable of averaging 100

Ziplock

he's just a touch too small to get the midfield time he'd need to really crank his average.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Ziplock on December 26, 2012, 12:40:39 AM
he's just a touch too small to get the midfield time he'd need to really crank his average.
I'm not so sure, he carries and uses the ball fairly well, I see him playing more outside with the abundance of inside mids, he only needs to lift his consistancy which he should now in his third year playing to ave above 90, and with a little improvement hopefully for the guys that pick him those 100 scores are often enough

essendon2

It's out of Wright and Martin for F5...

Wright did average 97 in his last 8 games of season 2012, whereas Martin averaged 92

me

seemed to be getting a hell of a lot of midfield time by year's end - am definitely considering

kilbluff1985

essendon2

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 08, 2013, 12:25:24 AM
bit unlucky he is a round 13 premo
I'd be more worried about having Martin as he is Round 11...

which is with rookies such as Staker, Docherty, Mayes and Guns such as Leuenberger, Rockliff and Redden!

theta

Of the 6 tons in 2012, 3 were against Freo   :-\

I wanna pick this guy, but with 6 scores below 70 Im a little cautious.

One thing I do like is on the 2 occasions he was tagging they put him on Ablett and Cotchin - they must have confidence in his future.

tbagrocks

Yeah he had some low scores but also he's only played 36 games, he also played out of the forward line mostly, rotating through the midfied. Well this rotation becomes more regular as it has the more he's played, Matty becomes possibly even the fifth midfielder in front of Dmac, Vince and Douglas 8), I say fifth as VB has really become a very good player, actually similar to Wright but VB is more advanced at this stage.

If Bernie continues his late season form in 2013 he will be super going forward, Dmac needs to keep fit and start producing, other than that Matty is very much a part of what is now a heave rotation at every club, just remember he has already beaten Sloane in most single game possessions with a 37 8)

me

wasn't wright playing more midfield minutes than sloane and vince? everytime i saw the crows it seemed like they were all rotating of course, but sloane/vince seemed to be lurking out on the wings/half forward flanks a lot

looking at the crows draw, this guy has now come into my team and if i like what im seeing in the nab cup, will stay there

tbagrocks

Yeah Rory got tired towards the end (lots of weights and boxing) and started playing more half forward while Matty got a midfield run, Sloane will improve his fittness and could even be a smokie in 2013 :o He's going into my SC, Bernie could be played anywhere and likely to be used on a needs basis

Matty continues to get midfield rotation, remember, he doesn't need to score premium midfield scores, just good enough for a forward 8)

Jukes

I've got Wright in my team and should probably stay there for round 1 unless he flowers up. Could be that POD I need, although with Cloke and Tex accompanying him in my forward line plenty of PODs up there :P

Reckon he should go around the 95 mark for sure.

Colliwobblers

not starting with enough fwds to have him, but he will be one of my first few upgrades if he continues his improvement of 2012. Came out of nowhere - STAR.

A fit Daisy comes into my side before him probably for my first upgrade but i put this lad ahead of martin and robbo this season i reckon of those mid/fwds he is right up there now.

tbagrocks

Lockety lockety lock lock ;D

Will be a major midfielder for the crows