Scott Pendlebury (Collingwood Magpies)

Position: Mid

Price: $521 300 (FanPlanner)

2011 Games: 22

2012 Games: 18

2011 Average: 116.6

2012 Average: 110.3

2012 Tons: 13

Big games: Hawthorn (142, 132), Bulldogs (133), Geelong (133)

Summary:
Missed a few games this year after cracking his tibia but came in and scored a few big scores before the end of the season. Great young player with great leadership qualities. Massive scores in the past have shown his huge ceiling. Cops a tag occasionally but is good enough to break a tag.

Verdict:
Take out his injury affected score in round 10 he averaged 113, so will be underpriced for next year. A lock for me.

Predicted score: 118

Torpedo10

Toga

Torpedo10

Quote from: Toga on September 09, 2012, 03:14:28 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on September 09, 2012, 02:39:24 PM
Not sure about Pendles this year.

What makes you say that?
I think that if you were to make a midfield for the salary cap you'd take GAJ & Swanny and then maybe one other premium, after that rookies. The National draft brings alot of value this year. I have a fair few smokies who I may reveal soon to help others with the fanplanner.  :)

Hagebear

Pendles is going to be my absolute 1st picked next year!!

henry

Definetly in my considerations. Swan, Gaj, Pendles, Murphy and Cotchin are all battling for 4 spots, though if I don;t start with him he will definitely be an upgrade target.

Scrads

Adamant

Would love to go Pendles again, but I rate Beams slightly ahead of him and I cant fit all 3 pies in the mids with the byes   :-\

Windigo

Don't think I'll go with him from the start. Will upgrade to him later on.

Toga

Quote from: Adamant on September 09, 2012, 06:21:39 PM
Would love to go Pendles again, but I rate Beams slightly ahead of him and I cant fit all 3 pies in the mids with the byes   :-\

yeah i reckon value for money pendles just edges out beams... probably on par but beams will be a bit more expensive so i'll probs start pendles and try to upgrade to beams later..

Holz

Picking Pendles easy over swan and beams. Will consider Swanny but Pendles will be my first picked player in the team and probably my captain round 1.

Adamant

Ricochet

very close to a lock in for me. under priced and "under averaged" (if that makes sense???)

Tyes

Can anyone see him dropping below his starting price much during the season? Because if not wouldnt it make more sense to start him rather than upgrade to him?
I will start Swan, but surely him and Ablett will drop in price at some point. Pendles I am not so sure about.
I am considering a 5 premo mid and if so Pendles will be a lock for sure.

Ricochet

Quote from: Tyes on September 13, 2012, 10:45:17 AM
Can anyone see him dropping below his starting price much during the season? Because if not wouldnt it make more sense to start him rather than upgrade to him?
I will start Swan, but surely him and Ablett will drop in price at some point. Pendles I am not so sure about.
I am considering a 5 premo mid and if so Pendles will be a lock for sure.
Swan only really dropped 30kish (from his starting price) this year at the start of the season and when he got injured

the drop at the start was because of a couple of below par scores and he quickly got back up near 600k... hardly enough time to upgrade to him. The other was injury (the 95 score). He will drop but i think it will be an injury that will cause it rather than form, and we can't bank on that.

As for Pendles... he is already under priced due to his injury. Throughout the year he'll probably fluctuate between 500k and 550k. Can't see him dropping massively in price unless he gets injured.

I'm starting both  ;D