Nic Naitanui - West Coast Eagles

Position: RUCK

Price: $406,100 (Fanplanner)

2011 Games: 20

2012 Games: 20

2011 Average: 75.1

2012 Average: 86

2012 Tons: 3 + 5 scores in the 90's

Summary: Okay, I'll keep this short so I don't get carried away! The 2009 #2 draft pick has exploded onto the scene! Has lifted his average by a whopping 11 points in his 4th year of footy and as Coxy ages and Nic Nat gets the number 1 ruck role, he can only improve, right? Already a premium in SC, Nic Nat has bought his kick to handball ratio down to a more DT friendly 1:1.4. A massive improvement on the 1:5.5 he started his career at!

Verdict: Shortlisted. I wanna lock him in but there is value in the ruck department. Don't be surprised to see him in my side come round 1 though!!

Ele's prediction:
Average of 95.

Mr.Craig

Adamant

He's a gun, but probably not for me.
I dont know why, but I just dont see NicNat as a DT'er...(probably because of the way he plays lol)
My ruck combo will probs look like Jacobs/McEvoy + Berger  :)

LF

I don`t know about DT for Nic Nat will watch the preseason scores before I decide.

I would definately lock Nic Nat in for SC

Shihan7

Quote from: luvfooty on September 09, 2012, 02:16:18 PM
I don`t know about DT for Nic Nat will watch the preseason scores before I decide.

I would definately lock Nic Nat in for SC
+1 He is more of an SC'er than a DT'er

henry

I am starting with him, with luenenburger and vardy as 2nd/3rd rucks. Should push his average right up as he spends more time in the number 1 ruck role with Cox aging and spending more time forward.

Mr.Craig

2009 - 52.9
2010 - 62.0
2011 - 75.1
2012 - 86.0

You would be a brave man to suggest he is about to plateau. If he averages just one extra tap, mark and kick a game compared to last year then he's at 93 which I'll be more than happy with but the likelihood is he'll do even better than that.

Hagebear

Could be a big chance with my team. With cox ageing he'll be around the ball more often with coz up forward but will be tough to go past cox if he gets his DPP status.

Scrads

He will be so very tempting every year between now and the end of his career.

So so tempting.

roti

Doing a very good job of convincing me so far

Master Q

Ricochet

elephants

Ricochet