2013 Player Profile: Jack Redden

Started by Toga, September 09, 2012, 01:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Quote from: Toga on November 03, 2012, 07:31:48 PM
Quote from: stew42 on November 03, 2012, 07:14:15 PM
Low ceiling with a 100+ average=high consistency, but I'm tossing up between him and Pendles for M4, and Pendles is winning atm...

Redden has the better bye but pendles is just too good value imo...
+1

Windigo

Not minding the byes with Reddo. Getting him no matter what.  :)

nrich102

Quote from: Windigo on November 03, 2012, 08:16:28 PM
Not minding the byes with Reddo. Getting him no matter what.  :)
haha, same

Mr.Craig

If you are deciding between Pendles and Redden then he loses out but for me it's always been Murphy vs Redden and that's a much closer race. Murphy was 10 points off his 2011 average and Redden 6 points off his. Both should end up near the 110 mark and as such are undervalued.

This year Redden only outscored Murphy on 7 of 16 occasions when both played, however I'm hopeful Jack can get off to a better start next season with 3 of his first 8 games at Etihad, easily his highest scoring ground (116.5 ave. from last 6). It's a tough decision but at this point I'm leaning towards giving Redden a run. Nothing wrong with getting Murphy later, even if he has gone up in price a little. 

nrich102

**Insert overused why don't we have both? girl here**
I'm having both :)

elephants

Quote from: nrich102 on November 03, 2012, 09:32:32 PM

I started that, just sayin'

nrich102

Quote from: elephants on November 03, 2012, 11:41:24 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on November 03, 2012, 09:32:32 PM

I started that, just sayin'
Are you offended that I called it overused?

DT-SC

Seriously considering, the inclusion of moloney will only help IMO

Toga

yeah i think im gonna have to jump aboard, with no really good rd 12 premos in the mids i'll probably be starting him... unless i just tank the byes ::)

Spinking

Not interested personally. Price is appealing, but so many better options. Happy to be proven wrong but won't be in the top 10 scoring mids by seasons end IMO.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Spinking on November 04, 2012, 08:44:00 PM
Not interested personally. Price is appealing, but so many better options. Happy to be proven wrong but won't be in the top 10 scoring mids by seasons end IMO.

Thats a big call Spink given that he's been in the top 10 for the last two years. Who do you think will be the top 10 in 2013 out of interest?

Edit: I was looking at total points rather than average where he was actually 13th. ::) But I'd still be curious to know your thoughts.

Windigo

I was just about to post what you said Craig.  :P

In 2011 he was a top 5 midfield option. Extremely durable and is in the top 10 for durability in the AFL.

Spinking

Quote from: Mr.Craig on November 04, 2012, 08:54:56 PM
Quote from: Spinking on November 04, 2012, 08:44:00 PM

Thats a big call Spink given that he's been in the top 10 for the last two years. Who do you think will be the top 10 in 2013 out of interest?

Swan, GAJ, Watto, Lids, Pendles, Beams, Boyd, Thompson, Cotchin, Murphy Followed by Danger, Selwood, Brad Ebert and Redden somewhere in there.

My feeling is that Maloney might affect his scores more than help them.

Having said that... I've been wrong before ;)

Mr.Craig

There seems to be two school of thoughts with Moloney, one side saying he'll take ball away from Redden and others saying it will free him up and be a positive. We'll have to wait and see.

Adamant

I had Redden in 2011 so have a bit of a soft spot for him ;)

Not sure if I'll start with him or not, he has a pretty low ceiling, but is very consistent.

I've got Pendles locked...and one of Swan/Ablett (most likely both). My M4 is still very open to a lot of guys like Redden, Cotchin, Lids, Boyd, etc.