2013 Player Profile: Jack Redden

Started by Toga, September 09, 2012, 01:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hagebear

Quote from: LaHug on September 25, 2012, 10:10:45 PM
Can I just ask where the jump from 102.6 to a predicted 115 comes from?
One thing that I noticed was an improvement after the inclusion of Zorko into the team. Before Zorko, he averaged 89 per game. Since Zorko, he averaged 108.
Still, there's a chance he'll start getting the tag if it stops going to Black. I'd be more inclined to think he'd average around 108-110. Still good enough for a top 6 midfielder but very hard for me to think it's worth starting with him. Any fall from grace that lowers his price will be enough for me to look at picking him up mid season!

I don't think he'll get the tag even if Black retires. Daniel Rich is nearly always the first tagged not and Redden isn't really that damaging. Very similar to Andrew Swallow. Although I do understand where Toga is coming from with the score prediction. If Redden starts to accumulate touches a little more, and should do with natural progression I think 115 is very capable.

LaHug

Quote from: Hagebear on September 25, 2012, 10:23:17 PM
One thing that I noticed was an improvement after the inclusion of Zorko into the team. Before Zorko, he averaged 89 per game. Since Zorko, he averaged 108.
Still, there's a chance he'll start getting the tag if it stops going to Black. I'd be more inclined to think he'd average around 108-110. Still good enough for a top 6 midfielder but very hard for me to think it's worth starting with him. Any fall from grace that lowers his price will be enough for me to look at picking him up mid season!

I don't think he'll get the tag even if Black retires. Daniel Rich is nearly always the first tagged not and Redden isn't really that damaging. Very similar to Andrew Swallow. Although I do understand where Toga is coming from with the score prediction. If Redden starts to accumulate touches a little more, and should do with natural progression I think 115 is very capable.
Forgot about Rich ::) Definitely on the radar but still not certain he's a lock. I can see why 115 is capable but it's still a big jump from 102.6...

Hagebear

Quote from: LaHug on September 25, 2012, 10:28:50 PM
Quote from: Hagebear on September 25, 2012, 10:23:17 PM

Forgot about Rich ::) Definitely on the radar but still not certain he's a lock. I can see why 115 is capable but it's still a big jump from 102.6...

Yeh I agree. I also don't think he'll get to 115 next year. I'm sure he will at some stage and yeh also not brave enough to pick him with the other options this year.

Windigo

Averaged 109 last year and was top 5 DT option.

Backed it up this year with a 10th place finish. Doesn't get enough recognition, super durable and will play all 22 games a year and after the dust had settled that's all he needed to do to get into the top 10.

+ He just finished below in overall points to Scotty T despite popular assumption that Thommo is a better DT player.

Toga

Well he did average 109 in 2011 so it really isn't THAT unbelievable.... Could be a bit inflated, but I seriously think he could pull out a 115 next year.

As hagebear said, won't cop a tag as he is not that damaging with his kicking skills (like rich and even try rockliff)

Also I seriously think Brisbane is going to do an Adelaide next year and jump right up the ladder, do expect young guys like RedRock to lead from the front and lift their output...

Well that's my reasoning anyways haha, can you see where im coming from? ::)

Windigo

Actually, Redden had a better disposal efficiency than Rock & Rich last year. But that's last year.  :P

When he kicks into the forward 50, 61% of his kicks enable his teammates to retain possession which was 4th in the AFL last year.  ;)

Jukes

It's between him and Murphy, and I reckon Murph will average about 111 and Redden 106 so Murphy it is.

Pre-season form would help though.

Toga

Quote from: Windigo on September 26, 2012, 10:12:36 AM
Actually, Redden had a better disposal efficiency than Rock & Rich last year. But that's last year.  :P

When he kicks into the forward 50, 61% of his kicks enable his teammates to retain possession which was 4th in the AFL last year.  ;)

haha oops ok then - what i've kinda seen of brisbane (which isn't a great deal) is that rich is a more penetrating kick into the forward line and therefore potentially is more damaging, while redden is more of an accumulator-type player like boyd and therefore less likely to cop a tag?

LaHug

Once again, all of your comments have made me super unsure again. Basically, it's going to be 4 guns and 4 rooks in the midfield. How can you choose out of Swan, Ablett, Cotchin, Pendles, Murphy, Beams, Redden, Watson?! Even Stanton is a legitimate starting option right now...

Toga

Quote from: LaHug on September 26, 2012, 12:32:55 PM
Once again, all of your comments have made me super unsure again. Basically, it's going to be 4 guns and 4 rooks in the midfield. How can you choose out of Swan, Ablett, Cotchin, Pendles, Murphy, Beams, Redden, Watson?! Even Stanton is a legitimate starting option right now...

haha sorry mate :P

I agree-it's just too hard! For me, I think i'll go 4 prem, 1 mp, 3 rookies or something like that, and there's gonna be some clutch calls for sure! For me the starting lineup/decisions will be:

Swan/Ablett, Pendles, Cotchin/Deledio, Murphy/Redden, Embley/Riskytelli

There's two players for each Mid position!!! :'(

mx187

I'm a little worried so many coaches are keen on him. I started with him this year and he was ok without turning into the super premo I thought he would. Was very much considering him for M4 next season but after reading what you guys think maybe I'll find another midfielder that could be my POD.
Would not blame anyone for  picking him next season tho, I think he'll average around 110 and is very durable.

Windigo

I've had him in my team for years now.

Don't worry, no one will pick him up when it comes to the crunch!  :P

Only 5,000 did so this year.  ;)

Footy_Boiz

Is in my preliminary team at the moment. Not sure if he will make it but will most probably end up in my team at some stage

Ricochet

you pick 5  ;D
and you have to start Murphy and Pendles as they are under priced... as is Stanton and he is in my team
Then you can't miss out on Swan or Ablett's massive scores so you start them as well
then its up to the others to fight for your last spot  :D

LaHug

Quote from: Ricochet on September 26, 2012, 10:23:18 PM
you pick 5  ;D
and you have to start Murphy and Pendles as they are under priced... as is Stanton and he is in my team
Then you can't miss out on Swan or Ablett's massive scores so you start them as well
then its up to the others to fight for your last spot  :D
Swan and Cotchin rested forwards sometimes so they'll get DPP. There were those games that Ablett racked it up down back so he can get DPP. Simple.....