2013 Player Profile: Brett Deledio

Started by Toga, September 09, 2012, 01:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Brett Deledio (Richmond Tigers)

Position: D/M (could lose DPP next year and become pure mid)

Price: $521 300 (FanPlanner)

2011 Games: 22

2012 Games: 22

2011 Average: 91.4

2012 Average: 110.3

2012 Tons: 17

Biggest score against: Essendon (160, 117), Hawthorn (141), Gold Coast (141) Collingwood (140)

Summary:
Something of a breakout year for Lids, has always been a consistent member of our backlines with solid contribution year in year out. This year he has been released into the midfield a bit more and has been able to show us just how damaging and talented a player he really can be! Had some massive games against Essendon, Hawthorn and the Suns, and is primed to let loose once again next year. May lose his DPP and become a pure mid.

Verdict:
A lock if he retains his DPP, but even if he becomes a pure mid, with teams giving Cotchin more and more attention, I will strongly consider him for my M4 position.

Predicted 2013 average: 118

Adamant

Nice work Toga, might slot Lids in over Cotch as a POD  :o

Toga

Quote from: Adamant on September 09, 2012, 01:31:21 PM
Nice work Toga, might slot Lids in over Cotch as a POD  :o

thanks mate!

yeah I am also considering that, but after having cotch this season i really think he's a must have... I'm actually looking at choosing either lids or jack redden as my M4!

Hagebear

Will consider but only as an upgrade target if he continues his 2012 form in. Won't start with him though.

Ricochet

Quote from: Hagebear on September 09, 2012, 04:08:44 PM
Will consider but only as an upgrade target if he continues his 2012 form in. Won't start with him though.
yep im the same. wont start with him but will be looking to upgrade to him.
his consistency is so appealing

Kellogscrunchynut

Is one of the few current DPP's whom I would consider if they were only Midfield next year.

Windigo

Not getting a gig in my squad if only a pure mid. Will probably up the average if he continues his role, but one massive year really isn't enough for myself to be picking him in my midfield next year.

Justin Bieber

Lids has finally left my team after years of being a lock :'(

It's sad.

mx187

Would'nt it be nice if he kept his DPP for next season :)

NO CHANCE

I'll be starting Cotchin(like so many) so will not make my round 1 side, upgrade target after the bye rounds if he is averaging 110+.

Absolute superstar of the game and DT'er

Windigo

Little hope for him to be DPP next year. Ah well, was a great servant in the back line for many years.  :'(

Toga

the more i think about it, the more i want him in my team.

with cotchy polling so well the other night in the brownlow, along with his explosive end to the season, i think that teams will focus on tagging and restricting cotchin (if they can ::) ) alot more next year, leaving lids to unleash... we all know what he can do....  8)

roti

Would like to add in that lids is much more taggable then cotch.
Picken is considered one of the best taggers in the game, go watch Richmond vs Doggies round 20 and see what cotch did to him that game.
Lyon recognised this and in both games v Freo crowley went to lids and almost halved his input. If i was playing Richmond i would tag lids, cotch will do his thing regardless, his transition between the inside and outside of his game is seamless, while lids' outside game can definately be stopped

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: roti on September 26, 2012, 02:24:42 PM
Picken is considered one of the best taggers in the game, go watch Richmond vs Doggies round 20 and see what cotch did to him that game.
Lyon recognised this and in both games v Freo crowley went to lids and almost halved his input. If i was playing Richmond i would tag lids, cotch will do his thing regardless, his transition between the inside and outside of his game is seamless, while lids' outside game can definately be stopped
Agreed I have heard several reports about Cotchin becoming close to untaggable, and statistics show that lids' influence can be curbed to great effect.

Toga

yeah that's agreed, and i completely see that but i just serisouly think that lids will go bang next year

Scrads

Quote from: Toga on September 26, 2012, 03:20:06 PM

yeah that's agreed, and i completely see that but i just serisouly think that lids will go bang next year

Are you suggesting he didn't this year ? :P