2013 Player Profile: Andy Gaff

Started by elephants, September 09, 2012, 01:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you be selecting the Gaffa in your 2013 AFL DT?

Yes!
3 (9.7%)
Highly Likely!
6 (19.4%)
Unlikely!
13 (41.9%)
Nope!
3 (9.7%)
WTF!? There is over 220 days until round 1 next season - chill out man!
6 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 3

elephants

Andrew Gaff - West Coast Eagles

Position: MID

Price: $408,900 (Fanplanner)

2011 Games: 14

2012 Games: 22

2011 Average: 65.2 (Countless vests though)

2012 Average: 86.1

2012 Tons: 6 + a 99

Summary: Gaff is an outside midfielder for the Eagles in an up and coming midfield brigade. Incredible ball use and ability to find space has seen him cop a couple of tags throughout the season but through his massive tank and desire to win the footy he has shown he has the capabilities to break these. Another pre-season under his belt and more coaching on how to break tags will see Gaffy improve in leaps and bounds!

Verdict: Shortlisted. With my radical tactic for next year Gaffy could be my second midfielder. The infamous third year breakout looms and I can envision something special!

Ele's prediction: Average of 103.

newfreofan

Was so close to pulling the trigger on him at the start of the season, was spewing that I didn't. Lock.

Ricochet

great write up mate, will be a gun for sure

Adamant

Nice write-up ELE.
I reckon that predicted average is spot on, but unlikely that he will make my team with the plethora of premo midfield options.

elephants

Quote from: Adamant on September 09, 2012, 01:29:46 PM
Nice write-up ELE.
I reckon that predicted average is spot on, but unlikely that he will make my team with the plethora of premo midfield options.

Yeah, there are a stack of options, its all about picking the right ones :)

Thanks boys

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on September 09, 2012, 01:07:41 PM
Andrew Gaff - West Coast Eagles

Position: MID

Price: $408,900 (Fanplanner)

2011 Games: 14

2012 Games: 22

2011 Average: 65.2 (Countless vests though)

2012 Average: 86.1

2012 Tons: 6 + a 99

Summary: Gaff is an outside midfielder for the Eagles in an up and coming midfield brigade. Incredible ball use and ability to find space has seen him cop a couple of tags throughout the season but through his massive tank and desire to win the footy he has shown he has the capabilities to break these. Another pre-season under his belt and more coaching on how to break tags will see Gaffy improve in leaps and bounds!

Verdict: Shortlisted. With my radical tactic for next year Gaffy could be my second midfielder. The infamous third year breakout looms and I can envision something special!

Ele's prediction: Average of 103.

I think he might even be higher than 103.
His issue atm is just that he runs out of tank towards the end of the game, and has significantly lower 4th and 3rd quarters.

if he just spends the next 9 months on the track, he's going to be a machine ;)

tbagrocks

doubt I'll have a 20yr old as a pure mid, but at that price if he does an Ebert could be a great pick, but I'm wary after the JZ burn :-[

Windigo

Not for me next year.

In years to come probably.  ;)

henry

I had Shuey all year this year under the 3rd year rule and he was great averaging high 90s. I could see Gaff replicating that but not for me. I am using uniques in backs and forwards and going premo in the mids. 

Hagebear

Quote from: Windigo on September 09, 2012, 02:39:29 PM
Not for me next year.

In years to come probably.  ;)

Same as windi. Will be a gun but isn't there yet as a pure DT mid premo. Too many better mid options next year.

KoopKicka

Torn between Gaff and Redden for my 4th mid spot :/ Will probably go Gaff plus 80k though.

Kellogscrunchynut

Has huge potential but I am not completely convinced on him.

Master Q

Great write up Ele. Might give him one more year.

Shihan7

Heppell21

Only 20 and a gun already. Can definitely see an average of at least 105 next year.