2013 Player Profile: Patrick Dangerfield

Started by Master Q, September 08, 2012, 09:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Quote from: Ricochet on September 12, 2012, 09:46:55 PM
his last 8 games did include Gold Coast, Melbourne, Brisbane, Essendon and GWS
although he didn't score that well against GWS
This!
Be wary of taking a player's final few games as a certain sign of things to come. Yes, if a team finishes successfully and a player scores well in the process, it could be a good indicator that they will score well again next year. However, when a player finishes the season strong but it's against the bottom few teams, it can give false ideas of a player's scoring ability. I'm not saying that Danger won't score well next season, I'm just saying that 120 is probably a bit far fetched and that he shouldn't be a lock in the mids by any means.

Hagebear

Yeh not if he's a pure mid. I wasnt brave enough to pick him up last year and he proved me wrong but I'm still not brave enough to pick him next year. For the crowd sake I hope he proves me wrong again.

Spinking

I'm not sure Paddy is quite there yet as midfield lock, but would be first on my list if DPP.

Toga

Any chance being named on the HFF for AA will improve his chances of DPP? Or is that being too optimistic? ::)

Adamant

Quote from: Toga on September 26, 2012, 12:22:36 AM
Any chance being named on the HFF for AA will improve his chances of DPP? Or is that being too optimistic? ::)
Probably a bit too optimistic, but you never know  ;)

Ricochet

would be amazing if he did! but playing through the middle every week slightly limits his chances lol

LaHug

Quote from: Ricochet on September 26, 2012, 02:33:00 AM
would be amazing if he did! but playing through the middle every week slightly limits his chances lol
CD and VS have done stranger things... Stay optimistic!

Toga

Quote from: LaHug on September 26, 2012, 12:14:39 PM

we can only hope!!

Ricochet

Quote from: LaHug on September 26, 2012, 12:14:39 PM
haha ok ok i will

Ajax22

I'm a crows supporter and a big fan of Dangerfield but there's no chance I will be starting him next year as a Mid. When left to run free he's much more influential than Thompson with his line breaking run and good skills. He's gonna cop the main tag in the majority of the games next year and there's every chance his average could actually drop. Also if Tippet leaves then there will be a big hole left in the fwd line at Adelaide and we could see Danger spending a bit more time there either as a legitimate target like Rocky has been or to break the hard tag that will likely come his way.

I would love to be proven wrong but I just don't see him going much bigger next year In DT

Scrads

Swan made AA on the HFF one year and wasn't DPP the next year so I highly doubt the AA selection of Danger at Half-Forward will impact his DPP eligibility

tbagrocks

He will go to another level and ave over 110, I'll have him

As the Crows get better, and they will, so will the game of Danger, Wright, Thommo and Sloane

Toga

Quote from: Scrads on September 26, 2012, 11:13:49 PM
Swan made AA on the HFF one year and wasn't DPP the next year so I highly doubt the AA selection of Danger at Half-Forward will impact his DPP eligibility

ok yeah i was just wondering, but swan surely wasn't DPP the year before was he? Seeing as Danger was DPP this year and was named forward line AA I just thought it wouldn't hurt his chances ::)

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 26, 2012, 11:38:21 PM

As the Crows get better, and they will, so will the game of Danger, Wright, Thommo and Sloane

I've no doubt he will get better but I don't think he can match it with the other super premo's in the midfield yet. not for me at that price in the midfield

quinny88

Tbag, no offence but I take your advice on all Adelaide players with a grain of salt because your opinion is so one eyed and you never have a bad thing to say about an Adelaide player and basically think they are all Gods gift.

As good as Dangerfield is, he is inconsistent and not worthy of a midfield spot at this stage. Theres still a long list ahead of him

Toga

Quote from: quinny88 on September 27, 2012, 03:06:00 PM

Tbag, no offence but I take your advice on all Adelaide players with a grain of salt because your opinion is so one eyed and you never have a bad thing to say about an Adelaide player and basically think they are all Gods gift.

As good as Dangerfield is, he is inconsistent and not worthy of a midfield spot at this stage. Theres still a long list ahead of him

+1