Main Menu

What have we learnt

Started by tbagrocks, September 08, 2012, 06:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

well done Sydney, real tough game coming to West Lakes v probably Geelong,

So will these young players, Dangerfield, Walker, Shaw etc... learn going forward for next year and beyond about finals footy? Lesson in Pressure and maturity? We weren't bad but no where near good, Tex flopped, Paddy struggled! We panicked in out back line, well I'm not to worried because Crouch and Brown come in soon and this young team will develop together, over-achieved this year mainly due to easier games there late! but still 17 wins is a great effort and I'm exited for next year ;D

Cicjose

you guys should be going backwards next year

not likely to have 2 games against GC and GWS again

you will still have 2 against Port tho

KoopKicka

Port will finish higher than Adelaide and normality will be restored

you heard this here first ;)

tbagrocks

I doubt with extra pre-seasons and maturity to Dangerfield, Walker, Sloane, Luke Brown, Crouch, Talia, Shaw, Petrenko, Wright, Luke Thompson, McKernen, Lewis Johnston, Lynch, Aiden Riley, Mackay, all 23 and under that we go to far backwards, far to much improvement in that group, and Koop lolololololol :P

KoopKicka

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 08, 2012, 07:16:23 PM
I doubt with extra pre-seasons and maturity to Dangerfield, Walker, Sloane, Luke Brown, Crouch, Talia, Shaw, Petrenko, Wright, Luke Thompson, McKernen, Lewis Johnston, Lynch, Aiden Riley, Mackay, all 23 and under that we go to far backwards, far to much improvement in that group, and Koop lolololololol :P

You better believe it! ;)

Cruiseon

Quote from: KoopKicka on September 08, 2012, 07:10:35 PM
Port will finish higher than Adelaide and normality will be restored

you heard this here first ;)

Adelaide are a solid side, well organised & reasonably hard but whilst there is no way they will finish below Port,  I also think there is no way they will finish top 2 next year.

Hagebear

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 08, 2012, 07:16:23 PM

Hahahaha + a million!

But on another note, boy that was disappointing today. I wouldn't say Tex flopped. He worked pretty hard, but when the ball is getting delivered to him like that.... Good luck. But WTF was with danger today?? And boy Sam Shaws decision making and foot skills aren't up to AFL standard, let alone finals footy just yet. Will be a good player though.

Jay

Quote from: Cicjose on September 08, 2012, 07:08:40 PM
you guys should be going backwards next year

not likely to have 2 games against GC and GWS again

you will still have 2 against Port tho
seriously mate? Fair enough, we had an easy draw but you really think that not having an extra game against gcs and gws will outweigh the improvement of Talia, Shaw, Sloane, Dangerfield, Brown, Walker etc. plus we have Crouch to slot straight in! Crows will keep improving and I am confident we will be 2014 premiers - not to get too carried away ;)

Cicjose

i just dont think you will walk back into the 4

Zombie2.5

Quote from: Cicjose on September 09, 2012, 12:39:45 AM
Fair enough, be we BELIEVE!!!
I understand that you don't rate us as top 4, but at our best, we can do it. Sure we lost to Pies, Hawks, Cats, NM & the shock to Brissy, but that means we beat all the other teams :) NM were in good form, they nearly beat everyone! We also beat the Cats once before that at home.

Sure the draw will be tougher, but we are confident.

We got like Doughty who's 33 or so, and probably will retire(great game today btw), then 3 guys at 29 (Rutten, Thommo, Callinan?). Then Tippett at 25, Walker at 23 and the rest are 22 or under!!

Capper

i am pretty sure the crows will be in the top 8 next year, they have youth on their side and will only get stronger from here.

Next week against Freo could be interesting though as No talia and maybe Danger

tbagrocks

com'on Zombie mate, Reilly 28, VB, Douchy, Vince all over 25, but the guys under 23  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D + Brad Crouch

Ziplock

Quote from: Cicjose on September 09, 2012, 12:39:45 AM

^ +1

they were definitely a top 8 side this year, but fact is if they hadn't had the 3 'gimme' wins against gc, gws and port, they wouldn't have finished top 4, and possibly could have slid down to as far as 7th/6th

Yeah, you might improve, but right behind you have have Freo, North, Richmond and Carlton who'll all substantially improve, and with a tougher draw, I can see you finishing about 5th.

Remember, all you crows supporters were talking about how you had the wood over sydney, on top of playing at home, and especially with grundy out, and how they had no chance.

And then they owned you.

kilbluff1985

2014 will be the year of the BOMBER not the CROW

Ziplock

more likely the suns will shine.