Matt Suckling - 2013

Started by DT-SC, September 08, 2012, 02:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DT-SC

Do people think he can get back to his best in 2013. Had a an off year despite averaging a modest 83 ppg.
last year he went at an average of 93.1 he was looking to repeat that performance this year, averaging a tidy 90.53 ppg over the first14 games then went on to average a poor 69.38 over the remaining 8 games.

I think I will take the punt, still young and can only improve.

Consistency of Birchall
             &                  ------------------  Looks a likely combination for me.
High ceiling of Suckling

tbagrocks

loved having him last year so took him again, but is it risky? looking at backmans averages a lot around 82, Suckers is one of em, so not a bad choice really, guys like Lids maybe Carrots and Scotland should lose it but Gibbs and Reilly gain, still you could do worse, like heater ::)

Windigo

Not the worst dt defender going around, but probably not a 'lock' in defense by any means.  :-\

Ricochet

yeh i think i'll be locking in birch but will definitely consider suckers

kilbluff1985

tbagrocks

Quote from: kilbluff1995 on September 08, 2012, 03:36:04 PM
more of a sc player then dt
miss conseption, he actually isn't and the fact SC scores are higher he's more of a rick to have in SC as his scores are lower than what you want from a SC backman

Justin Bieber

Birchall had a shocking DT game last night :S

DT87

Quote from: kilbluff1995 on September 08, 2012, 03:36:04 PM
more of a sc player then dt

Did you even check his DT and SC averages before saying that?  ???

He has averaged less in SC than DT over the last two years.

Windigo

Given the choice of Suckling or Duffield.

I'd go Duff.

Adamant

Quote from: Windigo on September 08, 2012, 08:31:43 PM
Given the choice of Suckling or Duffield.

I'd go Duff.
+1
Also if you remove Duff's two sub-affected games, he averaged 89!

Adamant

Brought Suckers in RD 19 this year...never again unless he rips up the pre-season.

Zombie2.5

Will consider. Depends on how many 'premos' i can fit into my defence. Will be others slightly ahead of him right now, but worth considering for me. With guys like Lids losing their DPP, he might be one of they best options.

elephants

I prefer Birchall as a player over Suckers. This is what it'll likely come down to in the backline.

Both could well be in my side come round 1 though :D

fidou

Quote from: elephants on September 09, 2012, 12:51:25 AM
I prefer Birchall as a player over Suckers. This is what it'll likely come down to in the backline.

Both could well be in my side come round 1 though :D
+1