Whitecross 2013?

Started by Ricochet, September 08, 2012, 12:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Now that his season has gone (http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/147168/default.aspx) and after averaging 88 this year, do we think he can push a 95+ average and move into fwd premium status next year? with no Sidey, Danger or Beams down there and Chappy, Stevie J and Pav getting another year older, we could be short a few true premiums

zeddyzed

The fanplanner isnt set in stone, so while a few players will lose fwd status, im sure a few will gain it. Whether or not Whitecross could bump his average up is a good question. If you picked him at the start of the year when he was cheapish you would have been laughing, but didnt he slow down alot in the second half of the year?

Ricochet

Quote from: zeddyzed on September 08, 2012, 01:04:30 PM
The fanplanner isnt set in stone, so while a few players will lose fwd status, im sure a few will gain it. Whether or not Whitecross could bump his average up is a good question. If you picked him at the start of the year when he was cheapish you would have been laughing, but didnt he slow down alot in the second half of the year?
yeh massively dropped off. not including the first 3 rounds, he peaked at a 93 average and then finished off the season with 4 scores under 77
if anything he's going to be slightly underpriced.
its only his 4th season so hopefully he can build and get a bit more consistency DT wise

rowshow

umm you know hes done his ACL right?

ronl

I like him, but with the Hawthorn forward line so overstocked with talent, ie: Franklin, Rioli, Gunston, Roughhead and several others capable of kicking bags of goals, I can't see him lifting his average much in 2012.

henry

I think he will maintain his average but will struggle to increase, as I don't see any real role change for him next year.

rowshow

am i missing something here?? ACL is a 12 month injury right?

Ricochet

Quote from: rowshow on September 08, 2012, 01:08:57 PM
with LARS guys have starting running 6 weeks after doing their ACL

Justin Bieber

Definitely not. Even before the injury...

rowshow

Quote from: Ricochet on September 08, 2012, 01:12:12 PM

at 22 would the hawks really risk it with lars?

Ricochet

Quote from: rowshow on September 08, 2012, 01:14:05 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 08, 2012, 01:12:12 PM

at 22 would the hawks really risk it with lars?
yeh not sure, thats a fair point.

newfreofan

Not going near him next year. Will only consider if he shows an entire solid season. More than happy to miss the breakout.

JBs-Hawks

I was reading the timestamps and it said today and was major confused? 2014 maybe dont think we will risk our youngsters with LARs

Windigo

Not from the start, maybe not all next year for me.

Cicjose

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/4742/newsid/147195/default.aspx

Brendan Whitecross will undergo a traditional knee reconstruction after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament
in the Qualifying Final win over Collingwood.