Main Menu

2012 AFL Finals Predictions

Started by c4v3m4n, September 07, 2012, 04:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

Hey all,

Just thought it would be interesting to see people's predictions for the upcoming finals series.

My predictions are as follows:

Week 1: Hawks def. Pies, Swans def. Adelaide, Eagles def. Roos, Cats def. Freo
Week 2: Cats def. Adelaide, Pies def. West Coast
Week 3: Geelong def. Hawks, Collingwood def. Sydney

Grand Final: Collingwood v. Geelong.

kilbluff1985

pretty much agree with your predictions but not real sure Cats can win 3 tough games in a row i think with the week off the Hawks should get might be enough to break the 3 year losing streak vs the Cats

and i'm not sold on Pies beating Swans either in the prelim

c4v3m4n

Quote from: kilbluff1995 on September 07, 2012, 04:50:23 PM
pretty much agree with your predictions but not real sure Cats can win 3 tough games in a row i think with the week off the Hawks should get might be enough to break the 3 year losing streak vs the Cats

and i'm not sold on Pies beating Swans either in the prelim

The Pies v Swans game would be played at ANZ Stadium and we all know what the Swans record is like there... :-\

Toga

Week 1: Hawthorn def Collingwood, Sydney def. Adelaide, WCE def. Norths, Geelong def. Freo.

Week 2: Cats def. Adelaide, Pies def. WCE.

Week 3: Hawks def. Geelong, Pies def. Sydney

Week 4: Hawks def. Pies

Pretty much the same but i've got hawks to break their cats voodoo!

dmac07

Wk 1 : hawks def pies, ade def syd, gee def freo, wce def nm
Wk 2 : pies def wce, gee def syd
Wk 3 : haw def gee, pies def ade

GF. Hawks v Pies

lachie_001

Week 1: Hawks def. Pies, Crows def Swans, Eagles def. Roos, Cats def. Freo
Week 2: Swans def. Cats, Pies def. West Coast
Week 3: Hawks def. Swans, Crows def. Pies

Grand Final: Hawks v. Crows

Toga

Quote from: lachie_001 on September 07, 2012, 08:34:20 PM

No way would crows beat pies

roo boys!

Week 1: Hawks vs Pies, Swans vs Adelaide, Eagles vs North, Cats vs Freo  (may be a little biased with North :P)
Week 2: Cats vs Adelaide, Pies vs North (bias can only go so far, but seriously reckon we could beat the Pies)
Week 3: Hawks vs Cats, Swans vs Pies

Grand Final: Hawthorn vs Collingwood

Premier: Hawthorn

Reckon it's about time the Hawks get up over the Cats again. Crows out in straight sets, could well prove me wrong and reckon tomorrow's game is about 50/50.

tbagrocks

might be South Australian bias but the response just proves how bias you all are against South Australia,

will be a Hawks v Crows GF and I hope for all mercy the Crows win just to shut you all up once again ;)

lachie_001

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 08, 2012, 02:28:31 AM

might be South Australian bias but the response just proves how bias you all are against South Australia,

will be a Hawks v Crows GF and I hope for all mercy the Crows win just to shut you all up once again ;)
Im very surprised everyone has crows going in straight sets? The crows have a 12/14 record against Sydney and already beat them this year. But regardless if the crows lose that they will most likely play Geelong. Crows will play them at home and last time they did the crows won by 50 points. I think it is Victorian biased and I think you will all be very surprised just how far the crows can go in September.

lachie_001

Quote from: Toga on September 07, 2012, 09:30:00 PM

At home? Defense in rising star talia, nominee shaw and veteran rutten, midfield depth of 10 players but the best are danger, Thompson, sloane and wright and the best forward tandem in the competition walker and tippo surrounded with players like porpoise, callinan and petrenko. Adelaide best 22 is the third youngest team (excluding gws and gc) in the competition and the crows are second on the ladder. Please take a walk out of Victoria to see where the new reign of premierships will be coming from.

JBs-Hawks

I hope the crows win, you guys match up the easiest for the hawks :)

Toga

Quote from: lachie_001 on September 08, 2012, 11:02:36 AM
Quote from: Toga on September 07, 2012, 09:30:00 PM

At home? Defense in rising star talia, nominee shaw and veteran rutten, midfield depth of 10 players but the best are danger, Thompson, sloane and wright and the best forward tandem in the competition walker and tippo surrounded with players like porpoise, callinan and petrenko. Adelaide best 22 is the third youngest team (excluding gws and gc) in the competition and the crows are second on the ladder. Please take a walk out of Victoria to see where the new reign of premierships will be coming from.

Lol I'm from south oz. do you know what makes me hate the crows? Supporters like you.

"two rising stars in defense!" wow let's take a step back thats gonna give you such an advantage over the rest of the comp won't it! And a veteran! Not too many teams have one of them! :o

Yes you have some good midfielders... But so do the rest of the teams don't they?

An the "best forward tandem"?? Open your flowering eyes mate. Take a look at buddy/roughead, let me know when Tippett gets as good as either of them! Let alone west coasts cox/nicnat/Kennedy/lynch or geelongs tomahawk/jpod, but let's forget about them because no ones as good as the flowerin Adelaide flowering crows eh?

I beg you to open your bloody eyes and see that maybe, just maybe, there are other good teams in the competition.

tbagrocks

I beg you to open your eyes and realise the Crows have two home finals to make a Granny ;D no it's not that easy but it's bloody feasible  :D ;)

and it's the small forwards that compliment the big boys, Callinan, Vince, Wright, Porpose, Petrenko, Douchy, great crumming forwards ;)

Toga

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 08, 2012, 12:51:38 PM
I beg you to open your eyes and realise the Crows have two home finals to make a Granny ;D no it's not that easy but it's bloody feasible  :D ;)

and it's the small forwards that compliment the big boys, Callinan, Vince, Wright, Porpose, Petrenko, Douchy, great crumming forwards ;)

Yeah I can see that and I agree it is feasible but I hate it when idiots like that rave on about how the crows have the best this, the best that. IMO they are not the best on the competition but shower can happen...

Yeah I know about the small forwards, tell that to Lachie who reckons you've got the best tall timbers up forwards, I was just pointing out that no, they are in fact not.