Main Menu

Damn Wind

Started by kilbluff1985, September 05, 2012, 04:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Just brought down a huge tree in the backyard landed on the roof my sisters boyfriends spare VS Statesman (he has 2) and knocked a few tiles on the roof um glad it's not my car

um not sure what else to say bit shocked waiting for SES lol

Mr.Craig

Are you in Adelaide because it's been pretty crazy here for the last hour.

Capper

just started to blow a bit harder in Sydney as well

Torpedo10

His probably in Melbourne, It's horrendous winds here. This is apparently nothing. Severe Wind Warning for tonight. winds 100 km - 120 km an hour.

kilbluff1985

Jukes

Meanwhile in Perth it's flowering great weather, like 23 and no rain or wind.

KoopKicka

In adeliade, almost got blown onto the road from my bus stop, was hanging on to the pole :P

valkorum

Quote from: Jukes on September 05, 2012, 05:26:49 PM
Meanwhile in Perth it's flowering great weather, like 23 and no rain or wind.

To be fair - we had this weather on Monday/Tuesday, its just blown East so they get their turn

Capper

27 and windy in Syd today, just like Melbourne upto 120km winds tonight

Master Q

Apparently it is horrible in Adelaide. It is already bad in Melbourne and I heard it will be even worse for the next few days.

Mr.Craig

Was really bad last night too so I'm not surprised Melbourne is copping it.

henry

Yeah I'm in Melbourne and it seems to have eased off a little for the moment. I'm sure the SES will be overloaded with calls. :(

tbagrocks

Quote from: Master Q on September 05, 2012, 05:58:32 PM
Apparently it is horrible in Adelaide. It is already bad in Melbourne and I heard it will be even worse for the next few days.
yeah real fierce today

Ringo

Move to Qld were the weather is perfect - Nice and clear and a pleasant 21 degrees at the moment.

Seriously though these wind storms can be frightening and we get our share up here as well.  Not much you can do if you have taken all the safe guards you can but let nature take it's course. 

Grazz

Quote from: Torpedo10 on September 05, 2012, 05:15:06 PM
His probably in Melbourne, It's horrendous winds here. This is apparently nothing. Severe Wind Warning for tonight. winds 100 km - 120 km an hour.

Been bad most of the afternoon here in SA, the new dog is hearing the wind for the 1st time and he doesnt like it.
Usually the wind picks up as it heads east so you guys in the east have a wild night ahead i think.