If 'finals' Dream Team actually existed..

Started by 123_footy, September 04, 2012, 09:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alka

Fantastic idea!

Surprising to see Gibson in so many teams - the kids a premo after just 13 games!
Also who's going to be the first one brave enough to pick someone besides Swan as C? (not me)

DEF: Waters, Enright, Duffield, Birchall, Suckling, Johnson, Mackie (Hurn)

MID: Swan (c), Pendlebury (vc), Josh P Kennedy, A.Swallow, Mitchell, Thompson (Scott Selwood)

RUCK: Cox, Sandilands (Jacobs)

FWD: Franklin, Lewis, Beams, Sidebottom, ROK, Dangerfield, Fyfe (Pavlich)

Grazz

Quote from: Alka on September 06, 2012, 02:39:05 PM
Fantastic idea!

Surprising to see Gibson in so many teams - the kids a premo after just 13 games!
Also who's going to be the first one brave enough to pick someone besides Swan as C? (not me)

DEF: Waters, Enright, Duffield, Birchall, Suckling, Johnson, Mackie (Butler)

MID: Swan (c), Pendlebury, Josh P Kennedy, A.Swallow, Mitchell, Thompson (Scott Selwood)

RUCK: Cox, Sandilands (Jacobs)

FWD: Franklin, Lewis, Beams, Sidebottom, ROK, Dangerfield, Fyfe (Stevie J)

If were going with the 3 x players from one team you have 4 Freo and Hawks players i think mate.
Got most of my team together but the backline is proving difficult with who ive selected
up the ground.

Mr.Craig

Fantastic idea!

26 year old former VFL captain, he's hardly a pup. :P

Hopefully we'll see even more mature age gems get picked up in the fututre thanks to the success of Gibbo, Zorko, J-Pod and Barlow etc. ( not so much Big O  ::) ).

Grazz

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 06, 2012, 05:07:39 PM
Fantastic idea!

26 year old former VFL captain, he's hardly a pup. :P

Hopefully we'll see even more mature age gems get picked up in the fututre thanks to the success of Gibbo, Zorko, J-Pod and Barlow etc. ( not so much Big O  ::) ).

I think we wil, its been pretty successful for most that have taken a punt on mature age players. Callinan for the Crows is another success.

Alka

Quote from: Grazz on September 06, 2012, 04:15:38 PM
If were going with the 3 x players from one team you have 4 Freo and Hawks players i think mate.
Got most of my team together but the backline is proving difficult with who ive selected
up the ground.

I don't think we're doing this. If we were almost everyone would have to adjust their teams.
It's a bit too restrictive, I think we've got enough variety with no limits on the players from one team.

Hagebear

Quote from: Alka on September 06, 2012, 06:30:26 PM
up the ground.

I don't think we're doing this. If we were almost everyone would have to adjust their teams.
It's a bit too restrictive, I think we've got enough variety with no limits on the players from one team.

Yeh nah I dot think we're doing that. Probably a bit to late to change everyone's teams now. The concept we have is easy and just a bit of fun.

Grazz

up the ground.

Need to clarify it i think cause there is a post on page 2 from Romulus setting out the rules as that of 2009 or am i missing something.

Romulus

Quote from: Grazz on September 06, 2012, 10:59:18 PM
up the ground.

Need to clarify it i think cause there is a post on page 2 from Romulus setting out the rules as that of 2009 or am i missing something.

Sorry I didn't make it clear. The rules I posted were nothing to do with the teams in this post I was just stating what rules I ran with during last years finals series. And yes they were the same rules as 2009, however everyone posting their teams here are just picking any 22(26).

Zombie2.5

Don't think this was really set to be a competition... just to see what teams would look like. If anyone wants to run one, they should make a new thread and organise the rules.

Grazz

DEF:  Waters  Birchall  Suckling  Enright  Duffield  Malceski  Mackie

MID:  Swan(C)  Pendlebury(VC)  Mitchell  Thomo  Swallow  J.P Kennedy

RCK:  Cox  Sandi

FWD:  Franklin  Beams  Fyfe  Danger Chapman  Sidebottom  Rok 

Hagebear

Quote from: Zombie2.5 on September 07, 2012, 12:28:47 AM
Don't think this was really set to be a competition... just to see what teams would look like. If anyone wants to run one, they should make a new thread and organise the rules.

It's just a bit of fun really. Just pick our teams, no salary cap, pick a captain and see what ur scores are at the end of the week.

eagles929406

def: burgoyne, thompson, waters, M.johnson, taylor, B.johnson, duffield
mids: swan (C), kennedy, swallow, mitchell, priddis, pendlebury
rucks: cox, sandilands
fwds: okeefe, beams, danger, harvey, fyfe, chapman

Hagebear

Quote from: eagles929406 on September 07, 2012, 07:56:18 PM
def: burgoyne, thompson, waters, M.johnson, taylor, B.johnson, duffield
mids: swan (C), kennedy, swallow, mitchell, priddis, pendlebury
rucks: cox, sandilands
fwds: okeefe, beams, danger, harvey, fyfe, chapman

Need another forward...