If 'finals' Dream Team actually existed..

Started by 123_footy, September 04, 2012, 09:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123_footy

If dreamteam actually had a competition running throughout the actual AFL Finals, what would your "Dream Team" look like for this week? With no salary cap, and players in their normal positions.

Toga

DEF: Birchall, Suckling, Waters, Duffield, H.Shaw, H.Taylor, C. Enright (Hurn)

MID: Swan (c), Pendlebury, A. Swallow, S. Thompson, S. Gibson, J. Selwood (J. Kennedy)

RUCK: Cox, Mumford (Sandi)

FWD: Beams, Franklin, Chapman, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Pavlich, Fyfe (Goodes)

Backs are a bit hard to choose, but thats probably who I'd be going with

jfitty

DEF: Waters, Duffield, Shaw, Birchall, Enright, Suckling, Malceski

MID: Mitchell, Pendlebury, Swan, Thompson, Kennedy, Selwood

RUCK: Cox, Sandilands

FWD: Franklin, Sidebottom, Beams, Dangerfield, Pavlich, Fyfe, Goodes

Would be a pretty cool idea! Have to set a different team each week depending on whose playing, but I like it

Hagebear

Love this idea. Even though it's not official we should post what scores our tems get back on this page sunday arvo and see who's the weekly champ. May aswell keep fanfooty up and about in DT.

BACKS: Birchall, Suckling, Enright, Waters, Duffield, H. Shaw, Mackie.

MIDS: Swan (c), Pendlebury, S.Selwood, Thompson, Mitchell, Barlow.

RUCKS: Sandilands, Nic Nat.

FWDS: Beams, Sidebottom, O'Keefe, Chapman, Franklin, Tippett, Fyfe.

Toga

Quote from: Hagebear on September 04, 2012, 10:03:14 PM
Love this idea. Even though it's not official we should post what scores our tems get back on this page sunday arvo and see who's the weekly champ. May aswell keep fanfooty up and about in DT.

BACKS: Birchall, Suckling, Enright, Waters, Duffield, H. Shaw, Mackie.

MIDS: Swan (c), Pendlebury, S.Selwood, Thompson, Mitchell, Barlow.

RUCKS: Sandilands, Nic Nat.

FWDS: Beams, Sidebottom, O'Keefe, Chapman, Franklin, Tippett, Fyfe.

Lets do it! Same as LaHug's Finals Tipping, no edits after first bounce on friday night?

Justin Bieber

There used to be DT finals. It was the year when west coast and collingwood drew and collingwood won in extra time I think.

GoLions

DEF: Birchall, Waters, Suckling, Shaw, Duffield, Enright, Thompson(NM)

MID: Swan(c), Pendles, Jelwood, Thompson, Mitchell, Swallow

RUCK: Sandilands, Cox

FWD: Chappy, Beams, Sidebum, Buddy, Dangerfield, Harvey, Fyfe

Seems alright...think Harvey could go big, but he could also spud it up

Artax

Quote from: whatlez on September 04, 2012, 10:13:51 PM
There used to be DT finals. It was the year when west coast and collingwood drew and collingwood won in extra time I think.

Yeah there was. Funnily enough you could pick from the top 10 teams as some were still in the race..

A mate of mine selected Polak (who was in a coma) & N Ablett (who retired before that season)

He still gets mocked about it and so he should

Shihan7

This is a great idea! My team would look like this:

DEF: Waters, Birchall, Duffield, Enright, Suckers, H.Shaw, M.Johnson. (EMG-H.Taylor)

MID: Swan, Pendles, Jelwood, Scott Thompson, Swallow, Mundy. (EMG-Fyfe)

RUC: Sandi, Cox. (EMG-Jacobs)

FWD: Beams, Sidebum, Danger, Buddy, Walker, Chappy, Pav. (EMG-Hawkins)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Artax on September 04, 2012, 10:30:47 PM

Yeah there was. Funnily enough you could pick from the top 10 teams as some were still in the race..

A mate of mine selected Polak (who was in a coma) & N Ablett (who retired before that season)

Haha and yeah what happended to it? :(

123_footy

I've tried this with a few of my friends and family last year and it was quite fun, so i thought it'd be a good thing to see how those in the fan footy would would go with it too.

I like the idea of a little bit of a competition on here. Final teams to be posted before the centre bounce of Friday night and then an update of how you went at the end of the round! :) Also to avoid the dreaded "late outs" we've been dealing with all year, the people im doing it with this year decided to have an emergency for each line, so feel free to edit and include yours! :)

Here's how my team looks:

DEF: G.Birchall, P.Duffield, C.Enright, B.Waters, H.Shaw, M.Suckling, M.Johnson (EMG - H.Taylor)

MID: D.Swan(C), S.Thompson, S.Pendlebury, D.Beams, N.Fyfe, L.Anthony (EMG - K.Jack)

RUCK: N.Naitanui, S.Mumford (EMG - S.Jacob)

FORWARD: L.Franklin, P.Dangerfield, J.Roughead, T.Hawkins, M.Pavlich, C.Rioli, A.Goodes (EMG - M.Wright)

oc16

Backs-
Birchall, Waters, Duffield, Enright, Suckling, H. Shaw, Hurn

Mids-
Swan (C), Pendles, Swallow, Thompson, Kennedy, Beams

Rucks-
Sandi, NicNat

Fwds-
Rioli, Sidebottom, Fyfe, Franklin, Johnson, Dangerfield, ROK

Fireballz

Quote from: whatlez on September 04, 2012, 10:52:59 PM
Quote from: Artax on September 04, 2012, 10:30:47 PM

Haha and yeah what happended to it? :(
Must not have generated enough interest to make it worthwhile. I did it one or twice before they canned it. They had a restriction on the amount of players you could pick from each team if I remember correctly and it changed from week to week as 2 teams got eliminated.

Adamant

Yeah I remember when there was finals DT...was great fun.

Adamant

DEF: Birchall, Duffield, Waters, H.Shaw, Suckling, Enright

MID: Swan, Pendles, Beams, Thompson, Jelwood, A.Swallow

RUC: Sandi, Cox

FWD: Sidebottom, Franklin, Dangerfield, Roughy, Pav, Fyfe