If 'finals' Dream Team actually existed..

Started by 123_footy, September 04, 2012, 09:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Possumo

I think the main problem is probably the fact that the teams will just be too similar, even more so that in the regular season of DT (where teams are becoming increasingly similar). Just looking at the teams everyone has posted in this thread, the teams are pretty much identical barring perhaps 1-2 players. I mean you can pick risky uniques I guess (perhaps there should be a bonus points system for picking players which have a low selection rate to encourage people to pick those players), but otherwise it's a bit banal I reckon.

Zombie2.5

Quote from: Fireballz on September 05, 2012, 12:14:39 AM
Quote from: whatlez on September 04, 2012, 10:52:59 PM
Quote from: Artax on September 04, 2012, 10:30:47 PM
Quote from: whatlez on September 04, 2012, 10:13:51 PM
There used to be DT finals. It was the year when west coast and collingwood drew and collingwood won in extra time I think.

Yeah there was. Funnily enough you could pick from the top 10 teams as some were still in the race..

A mate of mine selected Polak (who was in a coma) & N Ablett (who retired before that season)

He still gets mocked about it and so he should

Haha and yeah what happended to it? :(
Must not have generated enough interest to make it worthwhile. I did it one or twice before they canned it. They had a restriction on the amount of players you could pick from each team if I remember correctly and it changed from week to week as 2 teams got eliminated.

Think I did it in the last year of it. Seemed very weird, because you almost chose an entire new team each week, doesn't really work or follow any concept.

I'll make a team here anyways :)

DEF: G.Birchall, B.Waters, H.Shaw, M.Suckling, C.Enright, M.Johnson, A.Mackie  (none of top 4 defenders in finals!)

MID: D.Swan(C), S.Pendlebury, S.Thompson, J.Selwood, S.Gibson, S.Mitchell

RUC: D.Cox, A.Sandilands

FWD: Buddy, P.Dangerfield, D.Beams, S.Sidebottom, R.O'Keefe, Chappy, N.Fyfe (top 7 fwds all made the eight! (Didn't choose 'em though)

Quote from: Possumo on September 05, 2012, 12:45:16 AM
I think the main problem is probably the fact that the teams will just be too similar, even more so that in the regular season of DT (where teams are becoming increasingly similar). Just looking at the teams everyone has posted in this thread, the teams are pretty much identical barring perhaps 1-2 players. I mean you can pick risky uniques I guess (perhaps there should be a bonus points system for picking players which have a low selection rate to encourage people to pick those players), but otherwise it's a bit banal I reckon.
Yeah, I think there was the same problem when they ran that finals competition still. Because you could start all over again, and pick the guys that did best over the season. Then you might do it again when a team gets eliminated...

Mr.Craig

Def - Birchall, Waters, Mackie, Duffield, Hurn, M.Johnson, Enright

Mids - Swan (C), Pendles, A.Swallow, S.Selwood, S.Thompson, Kelly

Ruck - NicNat, Sandi

Fwds - Beams, Dangerfield (VC), Chapman, Franklin, Fyfe, M.Wright, Hawkins

Tried to pick a few uniques. So what's the go with the C, VC and subs? We can't have some people picking them and others not.

Hagebear

Yeh I reckon everyone should pick captains otherwise u don't get the double score. Pretty much same rules as normal DT would work I reckon. So if a player gets subbed... Bad luck lol. Be good to here any other suggestions to make it interesting.

henry

I'll have a go too. I'm pretty sure there used to be a rule about only picking 3 (or maybe 4) from each team in the first week of the finals but I've seen nothing about it in this thread. Anywho, here is my team:

Def: Birchall, Suckling, H Shaw, Enright, Waters, Duffield, Mackie
Mids: Swan (C), Pendlebury, Mitchell, Thompson, J.P. Kennedy, Mundy
Rucks: Sandilands, Cox
Fwds: Franklin (vc), Beams, Dangerfield, Hawkins, Chapman, Sidebottom, Fyfe

A couple of uniques in there  :)

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Hagebear on September 05, 2012, 05:38:33 PM
Yeh I reckon everyone should pick captains otherwise u don't get the double score. Pretty much same rules as normal DT would work I reckon. So if a player gets subbed... Bad luck lol. Be good to here any other suggestions to make it interesting.

Sorry, should have wriiten emergencies rather than subs.

Hagebear

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 05, 2012, 06:07:15 PM
Quote from: Hagebear on September 05, 2012, 05:38:33 PM

Sorry, should have wriiten emergencies rather than subs.

I guess we could pick emergencies. Doubt there will be any late withdrawals now though. So could probably take the risk.

Ricochet

ok here goes

DEF: Waters - Birchall - Suckling - Duffield - Mackie - H.Shaw - Brodie Smith (Johnson)
MID: Swan(C) - Pendles - Mitchell - Thompson - Swallow - Gibson (Barlow)
RUCK: Roughead - Sandilands (Cox)
FWD: Beams(VC) - Sidebottom - Whitecross - Franklin - Danger - Lewis - Fyfe (O'Keefe)

Hagebear

Quote from: Ricochet on September 05, 2012, 06:31:19 PM
ok here goes

DEF: Waters - Birchall - Suckling - Duffield - Mackie - Shaw - Brodie Smith (Johnson)
MID: Swan - Pendles - Mitchell - Thompson - Swallow - Gibson (Barlow)
FWD: Beams - Sidebottom - Whitecross - Franklin - Danger - Lewis - Fyfe (O'Keefe)

Heath Shaw ric? Lol

Ricochet

Quote from: Hagebear on September 05, 2012, 06:40:17 PM
ok here goes

DEF: Waters - Birchall - Suckling - Duffield - Mackie - Shaw - Brodie Smith (Johnson)
FWD: Beams - Sidebottom - Whitecross - Franklin - Danger - Lewis - Fyfe (O'Keefe)

Heath Shaw ric? Lol
i'll tell you saturday night... could be Heath, Rhys or Sam haha

Hagebear

Quote from: Ricochet on September 05, 2012, 06:42:50 PM
ok here goes

Heath Shaw ric? Lol

Haha sneaky man! Will take the lowest 'shaw' score haha and ur skip??

Ricochet

Quote from: Hagebear on September 05, 2012, 08:01:41 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 05, 2012, 06:42:50 PM
ok here goes

Heath Shaw ric? Lol

Haha sneaky man! Will take the lowest 'shaw' score haha and ur skip??
haha i'll change it now

Hagebear

Ricochet

Romulus

Yeh some FF people (myself included) ran finals dt competitions.

The rules were the same as the virtual sports finals dt of the past.

"Note the rules will follow the old rules of the 2009 Finals Dreamteam ie.
There will be no emergencies or subs, select only 22 players each week from an unlimited salary with certain player restrictions noted below.

Week 1. Select 22 players from teams participating in week 1 of the finals series with a maximum of 3 players from any one team.  Players score 1x their actual score.
Week 2. A maximum of 6 players from any one team participating in week 2 of the finals series. Players score 2x their actual score.
Week 3. A maximum of 6 players from any one team participating in week 3 of the finals series. Players score 3x their actual score.
Week 4. GRAND FINAL WEEK!! A maximum of 12 players from the two grand finalist teams. Players score 4x their actual score."

Can't be bothered doing it this year but just had a look over last years one for interests sake.

http://finalsdt2011.blogspot.com.au/