Main Menu

THE Dilema

Started by valkorum, September 04, 2012, 01:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

I told my partner that I would not be available this Saturday night due to the Freo v Cats game.  Now she is telling me that a friend (who doesnt follow football) is having a birthday dinner that night. 

Do I go or stick to my guns and not go

tbagrocks

you've got 364 nights to have dinner, one night the Dockers will be in a final (hopefully 2) anyway that says it all

kilbluff1985

depends how serious the relationship is guessing by partner you mean girlfriend not wife

if you think it's serious and could end up marrying her one day you should go

i'm sure there will be other footy fans there wanting to watch might still be able to watch it doubt the host will be watching tv

leave early enough can watch the second half lol

i'm sure you will get in the good books if you go

valkorum

@kill we have been together for 5 years and our first baby is due in February - basically we are married.

Being in Perth the game starts at 5.45pm.

kilbluff1985

um arrive fashionably late lol

valkorum

Quote from: kilbluff1995 on September 04, 2012, 02:47:01 PM
um arrive fashionably late lol

Late enough so that I can watch the game ;)

KoopKicka

Itd be a miracle to see them get over the cats anyway, at least you could say you were there if it did happen. :P

kilbluff1985

would you be going to the game or watching it on tv?

valkorum

I am in Perth and the game is in Melbourne - I guess that means I have to watch it on TV :P

kilbluff1985

Quote from: valkorum on September 04, 2012, 03:30:00 PM
I am in Perth and the game is in Melbourne - I guess that means I have to watch it on TV :P

if you start driving now you will make it

Dudge

Quote from: valkorum on September 04, 2012, 02:19:44 PM
@kill we have been together for 5 years and our first baby is due in February - basically we are married.

Being in Perth the game starts at 5.45pm.

Valk, firstly , congratulations on the bub in Feburary mate. If i were u i'd probably try my best to get out of going to the dinner, but if it's going to cause to much greif, just bite ur lip and go. When like me, and'  u've been together for 35 years, just put ur foot down, grab plenty of blankets, a soft pillow and enjoy the sofa for the next week

Spinking

Can't believe any of you old buggers haven't suggested this trick yet...

Have seafood, or something that can sometimes be dubious for lunch.  Make sure you casually ask your missus if she thinks it tastes alright. Start complaining about a sore stomach around 3pm. Do not leave it any later otherwise she will be on to you. Gradually escalate the complaining until she suggests you might not want to come to the party. Insist that you want to go because you know it is important to her. Get ready for the party but keep on complaining. Finally bring it to a head by making a mad dash to the toilet.  When she suggests that she stay at home to look after you, put on your bravest face, sigh, and say I don't want to ruin your evening. Please go and don't even think about me.

You will not only get to watch the footy, but will be a hero, and get some pampering too...

Grazz

Quote from: valkorum on September 04, 2012, 01:32:02 PM
I told my partner that I would not be available this Saturday night due to the Freo v Cats game.  Now she is telling me that a friend (who doesnt follow football) is having a birthday dinner that night. 

Do I go or stick to my guns and not go

Dont you hate that, for mine id be saying sorry luv then probably do as Dudge said get my blankets sorted kick the dog out and move in the kennel for a week. Goodluck with it valk.

Grazz

Quote from: Spinking on September 05, 2012, 08:19:38 PM

Have seafood, or something that can sometimes be dubious for lunch.  Make sure you casually ask your missus if she thinks it tastes alright. Start complaining about a sore stomach around 3pm. Do not leave it any later otherwise she will be on to you. Gradually escalate the complaining until she suggests you might not want to come to the party. Insist that you want to go because you know it is important to her. Get ready for the party but keep on complaining. Finally bring it to a head by making a mad dash to the toilet.  When she suggests that she stay at home to look after you, put on your bravest face, sigh, and say I don't want to ruin your evening. Please go and don't even think about me.

You will not only get to watch the footy, but will be a hero, and get some pampering too...

Haha brilliant, i think we have a winner. :o

Dudge

Quote from: Spinking on September 05, 2012, 08:19:38 PM

Like it mate, but knowing my luck, she'd drive me to the emergancy ward. Do they have TV's there?