Main Menu

AFL FINALS TIPPING!

Started by LaHug, September 03, 2012, 10:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Hey guys,
This is something that I used to run with friends but it never got much attention so never really took off. As the footy season ends, tipping ends with it and it is always fun to test your knowledge of the world's greatest game. So, I am inviting all of you, the FF community, to tip with me.

How it works:
To follow the regular season structure, each round of finals will have 8 possible tips to guess correctly. However, as there are less than 8 games in each round, there will be added categories to tip in for each week.
Week 1: Players must select a winner from each game of the round. On top of this, players must select the first goal scorer for each game.
Weeks 2&3: Players must select winners and first goal scorer for each game. On top of this, players must select the player who will kick the greatest number of behinds (always a fun one) and the highest DT or SC player from each game (I will label which games to pick DT and which to pick SC).
Grand Final: Players must select winner, first goal, Norm Smith, most behinds, most tackles, DT, SC, and the line (will be taken from Sportsbet).
EACH WEEK you must also select the margin for the first game of the round (in case of tie).

Please note that these are subject to people's opinions. If you think there are better categories for rounds (I'm sure there are), voice your opinion!

How to enter:
All you have to do is enter your tips for each week in the appropriate thread and you're in. For example, for this week...
Hawthorn, Buddy, 20 points
Adelaide, Walker
Geelong, Selwood
West Coast, Cox

Please note: If a player's name is common (e.g. Selwood for WCE, you must specify which player to be awarded points).

So yeah, that's it.
If this belongs in a different place, feel very free to direct me there. Any questions/queries/ideas/points of discussion, please comment!

NOTE
This will not be the thread that I accept tips in. I will make one for each week once the appropriate section(s) is agreed upon.
I will, however, use this thread to keep tallies (unless it needs to be moved elsewhere).

OFFICIAL RULES
1. All tips must be in prior to the game's official start time. There will be absolutely no exceptions to this rule. A missed tip will result in an automatic score of 0 for all tips related to that game. If it is the first game of the round, your margin will be the margin of that game (i.e. if the Hawks win by 10 points in round 1, you will automatically get a margin of 10).

2. Tips can be changed up until the starting time of the game that they relate to. However, if the game is NOT the first game of the round, you must make a NEW POST stating your changed tips. If your post is EDITED AFTER the start time for the first game, all tips from games that began before the edit will be invalid. You have been warned.

3. As per usual, the margin is the difference between your guess and the actual margin if your selected team wins, but the actual margin plus your guessed margin if your selected team loses. For example, if you tip the Hawks to win by 20 but they win by 10, your margin will be 10, however, if you tip the Pies to win by 10, your margin will be 30.

4. A player may enter at any time during the competition. However, for games that have already started and for rounds that have already finished, all categories will be awarded a 0 and the margins will be done as per round 1.

Links to weekly entries:
Round 1: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,67665.0.html
Round 2: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,67821.0.html
Round 3: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,68119.0.html
Round 4: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,68261.0.html

LaHug

Overall Leaderboard
Rank. Name            Tips   Margin
1. MLS                  12   67
2. Ringo                12   89
3. whatlez             11   61
4. Torpedo10        11   67
5. Fireballz             11   83
6. tabs                  11   96
7. BB67th              10   52
8. 2 large cokes      10   54
9. Ziplock              10   65
10. Hagebear         10   68
11. Scrads             9   56
12. Jukes              9   71
12. brad                9   82
14. elephants         9   87
15. LaHug             9   89
16. MTTY              8   66
17. 13Brummy       8   116
18. Ricochet          8   124
19. My Chumps      7   67
20. Dudge             7   116
21. Toga               6   48
22. henry              6   53
23. Tominator        6   75
24. tbagrocks         6   81
25. Jayman            6   90
26. Kellogscrunchynut    5   95
27. Zombie2.5       4   69
28. T Dog             4   77
29. KoopKicka        3   83
30. monstrum        2   86
31. ossie85            2   145

Weekly top 3
Round 1
1. 2 large cokes      4   5
2. KoopKicka          3   7
3. henry                3   9

Round 2
1. MLS                  4   2
2. whatlez             3   1
3. 2 large cokes      3   9

Round 3
1. Hagebear           5   9
2. elephants           4   1
3. tabs                  4   2

Grand Final
1. Fireballz             5   4
1. MLS                  5   4
3. BB67th              4   1

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNER: MLS!!!

Spinking

Like it LH. Looking forward to it!

Jay

Zombie2.5

Sounds Great Huggy!!

I'm certainly in :)

What day does the tipping open every week?

Capper

LaHug

Quote from: Zombie2.5 on September 04, 2012, 12:30:18 AM
Sounds Great Huggy!!

And it would probably be better to be posted in Other AFL comps, only it'll get less attention.
I'm thinking I'll just open it every Monday so as many can join as possible. I'll probably open this week's tomorrow when I sort details and stuff.
I was thinking it probably belongs in other AFL comps but I'd still need to advertise it in places to gain interest. I'll probably leave it here unless anyone has any objections.

Can anyone think of a way to gather the troops?

Zombie2.5

Quote from: LaHug on September 04, 2012, 12:59:16 AM
Quote from: Zombie2.5 on September 04, 2012, 12:30:18 AM
Sounds Great Huggy!!

And it would probably be better to be posted in Other AFL comps, only it'll get less attention.
I'm thinking I'll just open it every Monday so as many can join as possible. I'll probably open this week's tomorrow when I sort details and stuff.
I was thinking it probably belongs in other AFL comps but I'd still need to advertise it in places to gain interest. I'll probably leave it here unless anyone has any objections.

Can anyone think of a way to gather the troops?
Well posting it and getting people to spread the word sounds like the only thing we could do now. Hopefully those interested will come onto the forum, and come in before its too late!

Noz

Fireballz

Count me in! Stevie Milne for first goal?

FisherSaints

stew42

Wooooo! More procrastination!

KoopKicka

Ricochet

LaHug