AFL DT 2013

Started by trjd81, September 02, 2012, 10:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Quote from: KoopKicka on September 06, 2012, 05:41:41 PM
Im actually considering starting with Golby

I did this year.  ::)

Certainly has massive potential a pass for me this year.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Ricochet on September 06, 2012, 12:05:08 PM
Quote from: whatlez on September 04, 2012, 07:41:12 PM
Birchall and Cotchin. Set and forget. Team finished and won.
no love for Golby and Gia :o

Golby ???

elephants

Quote from: Windigo on September 06, 2012, 07:30:29 PM
Quote from: KoopKicka on September 06, 2012, 05:41:41 PM
Im actually considering starting with Golby

I did this year.  ::)

Certainly has massive potential a pass for me this year.

I also started with him. Will be more pricey this year :(

wharf_army

Premiums will be some of the usual

Mid pricers

Back - Yarran, Howard, Staker
Mids - Moloney, Rischetelli, Christensen
Rucks - Jacobs, Leuenberger, Witts, Vardy
Fwd - Lecras, Gray, Knights

Anyone know if Robbie Gray chance for round 1?
Knights will get traded and shall be cheap and get a go at new club

wharf_army

Thoughts on some of the following players for DT 2013:

BACKS - Hartlett, Reilly, Conca, Smedts, Guthrie
MIDS - Savage, Liam Shiels, Bennell, Sylvia
FWd - Varcoe, Kennedy, Macaffer

Would you consider any of these players and any thoughts on them?

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: wharf_army on September 07, 2012, 06:02:01 PM
Premiums will be some of the usual

Mid pricers

Back - Yarran, Howard, Staker
Mids - Moloney, Rischetelli, Christensen
Rucks - Jacobs, Leuenberger, Witts, Vardy
Fwd - Lecras, Gray, Knights

Anyone know if Robbie Gray chance for round 1?
Knights will get traded and shall be cheap and get a go at new club
When Nathan Brown broke his leg he played round 1 the next season, but since he was much less effective after that break I would want to be very sure about Robbie Gray before selecting him in my side.

wharf_army

Thanks for your feeback

Very valid point with the broken leg and was thinking of brown and barlow when chucking his name out there
Combined with gray is so injury prone

If the price was right is probaly the question regarding gray and how is recovering

He may start slowly and miss some games in first half of season but could be good for second half of the year

DT87

Quote from: wharf_army on September 07, 2012, 06:06:56 PM
Thoughts on some of the following players for DT 2013:

BACKS - Hartlett, Reilly, Conca, Smedts, Guthrie
MIDS - Savage, Liam Shiels, Bennell, Sylvia
FWd - Varcoe, Kennedy, Macaffer

Would you consider any of these players and any thoughts on them?

Hartlett: If he is available as a defender (which he probably should be), he is probably the most likely defender to take the step up from midpricer to premium. However, he is very injury prone and was pretty inconsistent this year. Unless he has a good preseason I'll be staying away.
Reilly: Reliable, but pretty unlikely to improve on his modest average which has been about the same for a few years. He's a pass for me.
Conca: One of the best breakout candidates, but certainly not a guaranteed good pick. Watch how he goes in preseason.
Smedts: Very risky being a second year player, but it could pay off. His average this year was decent if you take away his sub affected games.
Guthrie: Even more risky, there's every chance he could average around 50 or less again. Unless he has an outstanding preseason, you'd have to be extremely brave or foolish to get him.

Savage: Struggling to prove he is in Hawthorn's best 21. Even if he makes it, I don't think you can rely on him for consistently good scores. Probably too risky.
Shiels: Played mostly as a tagger this year and will probably continue that role next season. I'll pass.
Bennell: Looks like a very good pick if he is still available as a forward. If only a mid, I don't think he'll lift his average enough to make him a good pick.
Sylvia: Every DTer's worst enemy (well, aside from Higgins, Shaw and Broughton). Has never played 20+ games in a year or stayed in good form for a whole season. Slightly more attractive than usual next year because of the cheaper price, but he is still too injury prone and inconsistent for me to consider.

Varcoe: Should be very cheap. Keep in mind he only averaged 65 in 2011 though, so don't expect many big scores from him.
Kennedy: Probably won't get a discount and won't score many hundreds. Doesn't get enough disposals to be a DT premium. Should average a fair bit more than his price, but he is not the best of the cheap forwards.
Macaffer: Like Varcoe, he should be very cheap. However he needs to prove he has job security and a good role first, neither of which are guaranteed at the moment.

I probably won't be picking any of the above players, but there's a few who might convince me with a very good preseason.

BDeville

Does anybody know when the new fixture with byes, players prices and positions are released for AFL DT 2013?

DT87

Last year the AFL season fixture was announced on October 28 so expect a similar release date this year. Player prices and positions were released exclusively to Assistant Coach subscribers in December last year. However those prices and positions were unsurprisingly posted here on FanFooty and on some other websites on the day of the "exclusive" release, so this year they might not be released until Dream Team opens, which will probably be February 1.

PowerMan

Looking forward to picking Cox as a Forward hopefully.

PowerMan

If you got the Assistant coach package you'll be able to get the new prices mid december

otherwise Feb 1 will b the day.

stew42

Of course when it says "exclusively to Assistant Coaches", it includes Fanplanner too  8)

Grazz

Mid December hey, cant wait last year was the 1st time ive had Assistant Coach so looking forward to getting an early look.

The_Captain

Quote from: Grazz on November 16, 2012, 04:43:50 PM
Mid December hey, cant wait last year was the 1st time ive had Assistant Coach so looking forward to getting an early look.

same here grazz :). So we can expect it somewhere from 15th-20th December yeh?