What Will You Do Differently in DT 2013?

Started by Windigo, September 02, 2012, 07:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

make sure I have good ruck bench cover and stick to my guns and pick guys i rate now. not buy into the preseason hype.

Goldy Burger (Grundy, X)  lock and load.

Ricochet

Quote from: Holzman on September 02, 2012, 08:44:26 PM
make sure I have good ruck bench cover and stick to my guns and pick guys i rate now. not buy into the preseason hype.

i think i'll be NicNat and Burgs

Adamant

Kellogscrunchynut

Not play 3 rookie ruckman, although I can't see this being a legitimate option for next season.

fidou

pick proven premium players and ovoid injury prone players and make sure I have a Cox/gGiles ruck combo that does not need changing all year.

POK252

Will pick Goldy if he's the lone ruckman (no H-Mac). Will be heavily underpriced for what he's capable of.

Quote from: Adamant on September 02, 2012, 08:55:45 PM
Jacobs/McEvoy + Berger (Grundy, Vardy)

Will find it hard to pick Vardy on the bench. He'll still be 180k. Then a Vardy burger combo is a bit too light on. Hopefully Grundy and Daniher play games as 3rd and 4th rucks.

Shihan7

Quote from: Ricochet on September 02, 2012, 07:57:03 PM
lock in true premiums first rather than take a risk on could be's
would rather play an extra rookie and have the likes of Swan, Ablett, Lids, Beams, Buddy, etc all in my side at the very start
+1

KoopKicka

Toga

Quote from: Ricochet on September 02, 2012, 08:48:13 PM

+1 nicnat could absolutely blitz it next year!!

Do you reckon Vardy is going to be good enough for R2?

DT87

Not picking Broughton is the most important thing I'll do differently.  :P

I'll be trying to make sure my picks are more solid with less downside if they have a bad season, especially in the backline. Having to trade out all of Broughton, Golby, Duffield and Hargrave was one of the main reasons why I only finished around 10,000th this year. Plus my instincts told me not to trade in Michael Johnson, but I still did because of his round 12 bye, and sure enough he only averaged a smidgeon over 70 after I got him. Aside from the backline, Leigh Adams was my worst pick.

I also didn't get off to a very good start (35,540th after 3 rounds) despite having a lot of good picks in my starting 22, and I'm thinking having only 3 MID premiums and too many midpricers were the main reasons for that, even though none of my midpricers were terrible failures (okay, Adams was pretty close to a terrible failure  :P).

Also, I'm surprised nobody who has mentioned their starting ruck combo has included Jarryd Roughead. Though he might average a bit less than this season, I think he will be absolute gold as cover for ruck injuries later in the season when you can move him into the forward line and trade in a second ruck-only premium and a minimum priced RUC/FWD rookie. Alternatively if one of the best starting ruck rookies is MPP it would be a good idea to start Roughead in the forward line. Though if someone like Cox gets MPP you would get him instead of Roughead.

POK252

Quote from: Toga on September 02, 2012, 09:40:02 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 02, 2012, 08:48:13 PM

+1 nicnat could absolutely blitz it next year!!

Do you reckon Vardy is going to be good enough for R2?

Well Burger is a lock ATM. So only way i could fit Vardy in would be having him and burger as starting rucks. Would be very risky but if Burger averages 85+ and Vardy 70+ then you'd be laughing. Not the worst option really. Vardy was very impressive in his first game back. Definitly a thought :)

Affliction

Picked up more mid priced players in the starting squad which was a fail --> McIntosh, Caddy, Hargraves & Lake. If i had my time should have gone guns and rookies only.

Started with Broughton & Shaw.

Will not start with Goodes or Martin next season either.

Lastly win not bring in a player at top dollar during first half of the season - for example stanton.

tbagrocks

1) make sure I get the rooks right
2) don't pick and hope youngsters like Ziebell and Conca will rise to it
3) don't rage trade
4) don't trade to youngsters based on one biggie
5) do propper homework next year, (couldn't this year didn't have internet till late march)

Capper

im still unsure about what to do with my mids, do i start off with 2 prems and heaps of Rookies that will make cash and be easily upgraded but get less points, or go with more prems get a higher score and not make as much money for trades

Zombie2.5

1) I will get true premiums, guns(no Stanton, Selwood etc...).
2) Will try to go Guns & Rooks.
3) If i run out of good rooks/money/guns/whatever, THEN i will take the risk on a midpricer(unless there's bargains).
4) I will not pick Gregory Broughton, no matter the circumstances, and most likely no FREO players...

Pretty much it.

I do like the sound of a risky team though. Imagine if you pick like half of your team midpricers, and they all work out!!
Although it might only sound like that if you are too optimistic.