What Will You Do Differently in DT 2013?

Started by Windigo, September 02, 2012, 07:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Dt is about over for this year, thank god. So mulling over everything that has transpired this year, what will you do different in 2013?

I won't be selecting speculative mid pricers based on NAB cup form. As well taking in durability into account.

....Don't worry about a bye structure!  ;)

Kellogscrunchynut

Put more into the pre-seaon as you should know personally Windi my team is usually weaker at the start of the season.

Ricochet

lock in true premiums first rather than take a risk on could be's
would rather play an extra rookie and have the likes of Swan, Ablett, Lids, Beams, Buddy, etc all in my side at the very start

POK252

Hopefully I'll pick good, premium midfielders. So sick of Jelwood & Rocky spudding it up most of the time. Scotty Thompson hasnt been great either since I brought him in. Those three play every game while Gaz, Swanny & Pendles have missed games.

With all the forwards that will be losing DPP next season (Danger, Sidey, Beams, Fyfe), think I'll take some risks in the FWD line with a couple of premos, an underpriced Zaharakis (hopefully DPP) and mid-pricers Knights, Gray & LeCras.

Saying that there'll probably be new MID/FWD's who will be must haves.

Quote from: Ricochet on September 02, 2012, 07:57:03 PM
lock in true premiums first rather than take a risk on could be's
would rather play an extra rookie and have the likes of Swan, Ablett, Lids, Beams, Buddy, etc all in my side at the very start

+1 :)

brent007

Add a few more to my never again list:

Heath Shaw - For the final time. Never, ever again.
M. Johnson - He's never been consistent enough to be a premium.
N.Roo - Cost me a few games.

Hagebear

POK252

I did pick John McCarthy at the start of the year and although it didnt turn out great, it didnt turn out shower. So for next year what are people's thoughts ATM about Brent Moloney and Michael Rischitelli. Both averaged around the 60 mark and should be about 300k. Moloney is probably going to another club while Rischitelli has struggled with an injury and not much of a pre-season. If Moloney goes to a good club and avoids tags, while Rischitelli plays in an improving suns midfield, both could average 85-90+ and be pretty decent picks.

What do u guys think??

Fireballz

Was happy with my league strategy but next year I might have a bit more of a balanced team at the start so I can improve my ranking  :D
Will definitely select better rookies early in the season. Tommy Walsh and Horlin-Smith were risky picks that did nothing for me.

KoopKicka

Not picking any Fremantle players apart from Clancee, he is a jet.

T Dog

limit, minimise, remove if possible any key position players.... :o

Mr.Craig

I'll be picking a younger, more dynamic team. Will try to avoid players who aren't flexible in their roles and those who have certain personality traits (ie - idiots).

Ricochet

Adamant

Quote from: POK252 on September 02, 2012, 08:03:41 PM
With all the forwards that will be losing DPP next season (Danger, Sidey, Beams, Fyfe)
I think Fyfe should keep DPP.
I dont think 9 games is enough to determine if a player loses/gains DPP or not.

henry

I picked a few uniques this year, some that worked (Shuey), some that failed miserably (Howard injured round 1),  and some who worked ok (Christensen). In hindsight I would have gone with more rooks and premos, but it was a learning experience and my team finished off pretty well. I think we will have to pick a few midpricers next year though and I already have a few in mind  ;)

POK252

Quote from: Adamant on September 02, 2012, 08:32:57 PM
Quote from: POK252 on September 02, 2012, 08:03:41 PM
With all the forwards that will be losing DPP next season (Danger, Sidey, Beams, Fyfe)
I think Fyfe should keep DPP.
I dont think 9 games is enough to determine if a player loses/gains DPP or not.

Yeah thats his only chance I think, the fact he's only played 9 games.