Main Menu

most pain you have ever been in?

Started by Jay, August 31, 2012, 07:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Quote from: whatlez on September 04, 2012, 08:57:51 PM
Quote from: Grazz on September 04, 2012, 08:52:42 PM
Quote from: rowshow on September 04, 2012, 08:31:40 PM
copped a bouncer off a quickie flush on the cheekbone/eye socket. jumped off a good length and broke my orbital, cheekbone and has numbed the left side of my face. i always wear a helmet now  >:(

This reminded me of a cricketing incident i had. Long story short fielding at silly mid on (I know why they call it that) the batsmen a couple of deliveries before had gone for a big shot which came off the top edge and just out of my reach as my eyes darted around trying to find the flight of the ball. 2 deliveries later he went for the same shot but this time i didnt turn my back on him and stayed down in position for the shot.

Unlucky for me he middled it, i got my hands high enough that the ball just brushed the top of my fingers and got me flush on my Adams Apple breaking my voice box. What was lucky for me was i didnt get any more than that on the ball as i would of pushed it up into my jaw and teeth. Surprisingly it didnt hurt that much untill i tried to talk then it was quiet painful and i sounded like Wolfman Jack for those that remember him. Spent the night in the Royal Adelaide as they were worried about the bleeding in my throat but that stopped during the night and i was released the following day. Eating and talking wasnt fun for about 5 days a week.

This must of been at least 50 years ago ;D

Haha ease up mate im only 48 Lez, was about 24 years ago. :(

Edit: omg im actually 47 im 48 this year November, altimers setting in early i think. :-[

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Grazz on September 04, 2012, 09:03:15 PM
copped a bouncer off a quickie flush on the cheekbone/eye socket. jumped off a good length and broke my orbital, cheekbone and has numbed the left side of my face. i always wear a helmet now  >:(

This reminded me of a cricketing incident i had. Long story short fielding at silly mid on (I know why they call it that) the batsmen a couple of deliveries before had gone for a big shot which came off the top edge and just out of my reach as my eyes darted around trying to find the flight of the ball. 2 deliveries later he went for the same shot but this time i didnt turn my back on him and stayed down in position for the shot.

Unlucky for me he middled it, i got my hands high enough that the ball just brushed the top of my fingers and got me flush on my Adams Apple breaking my voice box. What was lucky for me was i didnt get any more than that on the ball as i would of pushed it up into my jaw and teeth. Surprisingly it didnt hurt that much untill i tried to talk then it was quiet painful and i sounded like Wolfman Jack for those that remember him. Spent the night in the Royal Adelaide as they were worried about the bleeding in my throat but that stopped during the night and i was released the following day. Eating and talking wasnt fun for about 5 days a week.

Edit: omg im actually 47 im 48 this year November, altimers setting in early i think. :-[

hahah. You had a pot shot at me last night. I got back at you ;)

Grazz

Quote from: whatlez on September 04, 2012, 09:06:27 PM
Quote from: Grazz on September 04, 2012, 09:03:15 PM

hahah. You had a pot shot at me last night. I got back at you ;)

15 all, your serve Lez. :P

nas

Losing the top of my finger in a door shut & having a skin graft to replace the top, swimming down @ a wharf & the ladder going into my knee, having a broken knee + 3 other ops to help it along, getting a total knee replacement, & last trip having my gall bladder removed as well as a small hernia, waking up to the wife bawling her eyes out & me in ICU,sayin what's up with you & finding out that my heart went overboard, & the next stop was pushing up weeds. So at this stage pretty lucky hahaha.

Grazz

Quote from: naste on September 04, 2012, 09:12:12 PM
Losing the top of my finger in a door shut & having a skin graft to replace the top, swimming down @ a wharf & the ladder going into my knee, having a broken knee + 3 other ops to help it along, getting a total knee replacement, & last trip having my gall bladder removed as well as a small hernia, waking up to the wife bawling her eyes out & me in ICU,sayin what's up with you & finding out that my heart went overboard, & the next stop was pushing up weeds. So at this stage pretty lucky hahaha.

Glad we still got you mate, no more of that. :o

nas

Mate, looked down & he said I don't want you, looked up & ECHO so left here to give you mob the best stirring that I am capable of.

Jay

Cricket ball to the nads - no box. flower it hurts

Grazz

Quote from: naste on September 04, 2012, 09:21:37 PM
Mate, looked down & he said I don't want you, looked up & ECHO so left here to give you mob the best stirring that I am capable of.

haha good onya, wouldnt be the same without you.

Spite

Had a cyst removed from the base of my spine in feb, it was right on the nerve endings so it needed to be done asap. Let's just say that things on your nerve endings, well...even with morphine i could feel everything.

When I was 14 I chipped off that little bone on my wrist (the one sticking out), it fully disappeared and dropped down my arm before disintegrating but grew back later but its smaller than my other one now. Dived to stop a goal and the wet footy just landed on my wrist and went crack.

KO'ed myself by running into a brick wall in a game of bball, tried to keep a ball in play so ran after it and tapped it backwards through my legs, looked up, wall...bang. When I came too, everyone was in a circle around me asking me questions haha

Besides that, all good :)

Dudge

Quote from: naste on September 04, 2012, 09:21:37 PM

And u do a mighty fine job lol

DT Gun

When I was taking a dump on the toilet and I dropped my ancient mew pokemon card onto my turd...

I cried for days

Justin Bieber

Quote from: DT Gun on September 07, 2012, 12:36:13 AM
When I was taking a dump on the toilet and I dropped my ancient mew pokemon card onto my turd...

I cried for days

Hahahaahahahahahahaha

Nige

Compared to these stories/experiences, mine's gonna sound incredibly soft. However, I thought I'd answer anyway. I've been fortunate enough to never break a bone. 

To be honest, to this day, I still have no idea how I actually did it, but the worst was when I had a grade 2 deltoid muscle strain last year. I was barely able to move my arm without pain. Luckily, I'm right-handed/armed so I was still able to do basically everything. Like aforementioned, I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but I used to play cricket until the start of this year, so it may have happened then.