Main Menu

most pain you have ever been in?

Started by Jay, August 31, 2012, 07:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: Grazz on September 01, 2012, 12:21:18 AM
Came off a motorbike slid down the bitumen on me back wearing a T-shirt only no jacket.
Ended up taking 75% of the skin off my back and shoulder, you could see all my sweat glands
ground my hip down to the bone and my right arm was pretty messed up. Gravel rash/bitumen burns
are very painful. Never got on another bike without a jacket again. Xmas day 1980, ruined me brand new Levis to.
Next day at hospital they had used the wrong cream for all the bandages and they had become stuck to all my wounds
i was in agony as they tried to remove the 1st, then the Doc gave me a shot of Morphine so they could remove the rest
i was good as gold after that all i could feel was nurses tugging at the bandages not a stitch of pain. Good stuff that.

shower man, what did they use? Glue?

Grazz

Not sure mate but they stuffed up, my Doctor was doing his nut wanting to know who had asked for it to be used.
Felt for the Nurses once i had my shot, wasn't their fault they did what the Doctor said who saw me in Emergency the day before.

fidou

Broke my jaw in a Tasmanian Football League match in 1982. Three months wired up was OK but the day it came to pull the wires out the doc said do you want some local. Dont worry I said then he pulled out all the wires through my gums and it felt like I had just had 30 teeth pulled in one go. I remember my shirt was completely soaking wet from the sweat.

Nails

Quote from: fidou on September 01, 2012, 01:06:40 AM
Broke my jaw in a Tasmanian Football League match in 1982. Three months wired up was OK but the day it came to pull the wires out the doc said do you want some local. Dont worry I said then he pulled out all the wires through my gums and it felt like I had just had 30 teeth pulled in one go. I remember my shirt was completely soaking wet from the sweat.

Jaw of your first or second head?  ;D

Jukes

Cricket match up at bat, on 99 and about to hit my ton, BOOM fast bowl into the downstairs, forced to retire on 99, oh the agony. Was out for 2 months.

Ziplock

man, I haven't had anything that chronic as some of these. Doing my knee hurt, so did my ankle, and my knee surgery. I guess when I snapped my arm in 3 places as a kid would probably top it, but I can't remember it very well.

oh, one huge one that caned- geting dead sea salt water in my eyes. Hurt like flower, and it burns everywhere else and dehydrates you. Didn't hurt the most ,but for just water was ridiculous. 

Nails

Quote from: Ziplock on September 01, 2012, 03:27:31 AM
man, I haven't had anything that chronic as some of these. Doing my knee hurt, so did my ankle, and my knee surgery. I guess when I snapped my arm in 3 places as a kid would probably top it, but I can't remember it very well.

oh, one huge one that caned- geting dead sea salt water in my eyes. Hurt like flower, and it burns everywhere else and dehydrates you. Didn't hurt the most ,but for just water was ridiculous.

Oh yeah... As a kid... You triggered my memory...

I was like 4-5yo, split my head open and needed 7 stitches lol. I'm pretty sure that would've been painful :(

For the record, those stumps probably weighed a good 15kg lol. Not sure how you can have stumps so heavy, but you can lol.

Boomz

I'd have to say when I got my tooth out a month or 2 back... Had a root canal done on it 2 years ago and it was done wrong so it was hooked at the bottom and so now when they tried to take it out they couldn't get the tooth out and just kept tugging and tugging on it for 2 hours until it came loose -_- didn't help I had a reaction to the injection and was throwing up every few minutes either... Jaw hurt for weeks -_-

DazBurg

when i was about 12 or 13 was playing with a mate i ran and jumped on a fench my dad made but hadn't bolted it to the house was standing on top big gust of wind blew knocked me off
as i feel i pretty much hooked my underarm on the right side on the fence on the way down ripped my arm open
will never froget rolling around in pain and my mate saying are you ok?
me going yeah i just grazed myself
sat up looked down my sleeve shirt and there was a massive hole and the wind blew and the skin was flapping in the wind
took about 40 stitches been told it was that bad if i had private medical i should of had plastic surgery rather then trying to stretch the skin back
also was told 1 inch deeper and i would of hit an artery and the time it took me to find a ride to the hispital (i.e bout 35 mins in total)
i would of been as good as dead

anyways that hurt like hell then shock set it and i was fine even as they cleaned it out had no pain medicine
but after surgery it hurt like hell
just trying ti lift my arm to put a t-shirt on was pure agony
not to mention trying to shower

EZA100

Cant remember how bad the pain was but my friends dad was going up a little 1m hill on a spare piece of land next to our house and me and my mates were running next it and my stupidly tripped and the trailer on the car ran over leg pretty sure it was my shin but suprisingly no damage dont know if that is the cause for crooked knee. Another was playing school footy and i grabbed the guys jumped and he did a 180 and i just felt something in hamstring that hurt

Windigo

Probably getting nearly knocked unconscious by gold ball that my Principal was driving. Right above my left eye & luckily hit there not in my eye or in my skull.

That or getting smacked flush in the cheek from tennis racket cutting my cheek open leaving a scar on my face forever. It also dislocated my neck, or at least popped it out place in the joint or something. Had to have physio & chiropractic therapy.

For like ages  I had a twitch in my neck like because it was so uncomfortable.   

clucktacular

Dudge

Playing soccer( don't start), went for a 50/50 ball, problem was the other guy didn't. Broke my shin bad( u know the feeling when u walk into the towbar of ur car) times that by a hundred. The only good thing, was my 2 older brothers were playing and he got a flogging ( not that i knew at the time ). Mum and Dad drove me straight to the hospital, in those days we didn't call ambulances ( why to this day i don't know ) and we had to go over 2 train lines. The bouncing over them, with a broken leg was well- painful. To make matters worse, i was put in the passage, rather than the emergancy ward, and they forgot about me- tiill Mum went off her head, 2 and a half hours later

Grazz

Watching Dudge win our Moneyleague fark it hurt. ::)

DazBurg