Started by Jay, August 31, 2012, 07:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

DazBurg

Zombie2.5

Grazz

elephants

Quote from: Dudge on September 03, 2012, 09:44:46 PM
Playing soccer( don't start), went for a 50/50 ball, problem was the other guy didn't. Broke my shin bad( u know the feeling when u walk into the towbar of ur car) times that by a hundred. The only good thing, was my 2 older brothers were playing and he got a flogging ( not that i knew at the time ). Mum and Dad drove me straight to the hospital, in those days we didn't call ambulances ( why to this day i don't know ) and we had to go over 2 train lines. The bouncing over them, with a broken leg was well- painful. To make matters worse, i was put in the passage, rather than the emergancy ward, and they forgot about me- tiill Mum went off her head, 2 and a half hours later

Holy shower :o how old were ya?

FisherSaints

Ast year, I opens closing the at door, the back door, and I got my finger caught on something. It go the full weight of the car door on it and it was bruised in seconds. I was in lots of pain. It was badly fractured.

fidou

Quote from: Nails on September 01, 2012, 01:56:25 AM
Quote from: fidou on September 01, 2012, 01:06:40 AM
Broke my jaw in a Tasmanian Football League match in 1982. Three months wired up was OK but the day it came to pull the wires out the doc said do you want some local. Dont worry I said then he pulled out all the wires through my gums and it felt like I had just had 30 teeth pulled in one go. I remember my shirt was completely soaking wet from the sweat.

Jaw of your first or second head?  ;D
Well being born in Tassie from immigrant parents doesn't make me full blood Tasmanian so its from my ONLY head although I do have a scratch on my shoulder!!

Dudge

Quote from: elephants on September 04, 2012, 02:08:42 AM
Quote from: Dudge on September 03, 2012, 09:44:46 PM
Playing soccer( don't start), went for a 50/50 ball, problem was the other guy didn't. Broke my shin bad( u know the feeling when u walk into the towbar of ur car) times that by a hundred. The only good thing, was my 2 older brothers were playing and he got a flogging ( not that i knew at the time ). Mum and Dad drove me straight to the hospital, in those days we didn't call ambulances ( why to this day i don't know ) and we had to go over 2 train lines. The bouncing over them, with a broken leg was well- painful. To make matters worse, i was put in the passage, rather than the emergancy ward, and they forgot about me- tiill Mum went off her head, 2 and a half hours later

Holy shower :o how old were ya?

17 at the time Le, many-many moons ago lol

NoButYeah

I've never really hurt myself too bad... Cracked rib from footy once, that's about it.

Trying to work on cars the day after I got the back of my knee tattooed wasn't fun though, that and getting my achilies tattooed was pretty bad.

Windigo

Anyone slammed the door on their hand.....Flower it hurts...Lost like half my fingernails.  :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Windigo on September 04, 2012, 08:16:46 PM
Anyone slammed the door on their hand.....Flower it hurts...Lost like half my fingernails.  :P

Slammed the door on my dick. Nah, but would hurt more :S

rowshow

copped a bouncer off a quickie flush on the cheekbone/eye socket. jumped off a good length and broke my orbital, cheekbone and has numbed the left side of my face. i always wear a helmet now  >:(

Windigo

Quote from: whatlez on September 04, 2012, 08:24:27 PM
Quote from: Windigo on September 04, 2012, 08:16:46 PM

Slammed the door on my dick. Nah, but would hurt more :S

....Yes, it would hurt more.  :P

My dad put his finger in a chaff cutter cogs while they were going. Ripped his entire 'the bird' finger right off.....Never found the finger.  :o

I think everyone can vouch for the fact that getting hit in the aggets is one of the most painful experiences ever.  :P

...Got knocked out by a cricket ball at training once.  ::)

Grazz

Quote from: rowshow on September 04, 2012, 08:31:40 PM
copped a bouncer off a quickie flush on the cheekbone/eye socket. jumped off a good length and broke my orbital, cheekbone and has numbed the left side of my face. i always wear a helmet now  >:(

This reminded me of a cricketing incident i had. Long story short fielding at silly mid on (I know why they call it that) the batsmen a couple of deliveries before had gone for a big shot which came off the top edge and just out of my reach as my eyes darted around trying to find the flight of the ball. 2 deliveries later he went for the same shot but this time i didnt turn my back on him and stayed down in position for the shot.

Unlucky for me he middled it, i got my hands high enough that the ball just brushed the top of my fingers and got me flush on my Adams Apple breaking my voice box. What was lucky for me was i didnt get any more than that on the ball as i would of pushed it up into my jaw and teeth. Surprisingly it didnt hurt that much untill i tried to talk then it was quiet painful and i sounded like Wolfman Jack for those that remember him. Spent the night in the Royal Adelaide as they were worried about the bleeding in my throat but that stopped during the night and i was released the following day. Eating and talking wasnt fun for about 5 days a week.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Grazz on September 04, 2012, 08:52:42 PM
Quote from: rowshow on September 04, 2012, 08:31:40 PM

This reminded me of a cricketing incident i had. Long story short fielding at silly mid on (I know why they call it that) the batsmen a couple of deliveries before had gone for a big shot which came off the top edge and just out of my reach as my eyes darted around trying to find the flight of the ball. 2 deliveries later he went for the same shot but this time i didnt turn my back on him and stayed down in position for the shot.

Unlucky for me he middled it, i got my hands high enough that the ball just brushed the top of my fingers and got me flush on my Adams Apple breaking my voice box. What was lucky for me was i didnt get any more than that on the ball as i would of pushed it up into my jaw and teeth. Surprisingly it didnt hurt that much untill i tried to talk then it was quiet painful and i sounded like Wolfman Jack for those that remember him. Spent the night in the Royal Adelaide as they were worried about the bleeding in my throat but that stopped during the night and i was released the following day. Eating and talking wasnt fun for about 5 days a week.

This must of been at least 50 years ago ;D