Brent Stanton Bragging time is over!

Started by DT Gun, August 28, 2012, 09:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DT Gun

I would just like to shout out to Jukes who bragged for weeks about how good he is and how good of a pick Stanton was in the first 2 months!

Rubbing it in the faces of the coaches, saying he loves him, putting him as his display pic and talking himself up on how good he is..

Ahhh how wrong can one guy be..

If ya brag son, expect to be embarrassed if and when it all falls through!
Amateur mistake bragging about super seagull stanton!

tbagrocks

Justin Bieber

powersuperkents

Quote from: whatlez on August 28, 2012, 09:56:47 PM
Lol you made a thread for this... ::)
hahaha but in all honesty DT Gun has got a point, Jukes had Stanton as his display pick, I have eminem but i dont know how to chose my own pic :/

Colliwobblers

brag when you get on and he is ON, but get off before you line yourself up for this :) DTGun has a fine point, stanton was gold when he was gold, if you got off when the clock struck midnight and he turned back into SPUD POO, great ! if you didn't then you get this :)

Adamant

Might be a good idea to start with Stants for the first 8-10 rounds, then sideways him when he gets tagged haha.

Justin Bieber

If cotchin spuds then half this site should have a thread about them haha

Dudge

In all honestly to Jukes, he was on fire early.But i've never had Stanton in 6 years of playtng this game, it;s all to their own. The bragging thing i seriuosly don't know about, ( only things relevent to my own team, sink in this simple mind of mine :-[) but any form of boasting could come back to bite u on the  proverbial

henry

Yeah, Jukes was bragging now he has to cop it. Kind ironic that you are making a thread to brag about him being wrong though lol, kt would be funny if he got a big one this week  :P

Zombie2.5

Glad i didn't get sucked in, was never convinced he'd keep it up. I know some people just had to get onto him when he was at his peak(around $600k), only to be stuck with him when he went down to $380k.... Wonder if anyone started with him, then traded him out at his peak, to Swan/Ablett or best/most expensive mid at that time? Trade of the year, if anyone did it ::)

Adamant

I think Calvin off DT Talk got in Stants when he was 600k lol.

Fireballz

Quote from: Zombie2.5 on August 29, 2012, 12:19:36 AM
Glad i didn't get sucked in, was never convinced he'd keep it up. I know some people just had to get onto him when he was at his peak(around $600k), only to be stuck with him when he went down to $380k.... Wonder if anyone started with him, then traded him out at his peak, to Swan/Ablett or best/most expensive mid at that time? Trade of the year, if anyone did it ::)
Trade of the year indeed!
Going Stanton to Swan after round 8 (when Stants peaked at $614,300) would have been a downgrade that would have netted you $23,900
Stanton to Ablett $60,800

I don't think I need to work out the averages to tell you that it would have been a much better result than keeping Stants.

Jukes

So Stanton's season was a failure are you saying?

His 193 won me 5 league games.
His 175 as captain won me 5.
The 140 won me 2.

(And there's the 153 which doesn't count as league games hadn't started at that point)

Nobody had Stants when I started going on about him. Less then 0.5% of the comp. He reached over 20%...

That and I've had him on my bench for about 5 weeks :P

I wasn't an idiot who jumped on his bandwagon- I was there from the start.

Scrads

Holz

Quote from: whatlez on August 28, 2012, 11:07:00 PM
If cotchin spuds then half this site should have a thread about them haha

Good thing that's not going to happen

I have a guy who I'm tempted to talk up but will jeep him to myself