Main Menu

Who would we rather play??

Started by Hagebear, August 28, 2012, 05:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hagebear

Hoping one (or both) of Sydney or Hawthorn lose on the weekend and earn ourselves a home final (providing we beat GC) who would we rather play??

tbagrocks

Sydney, even WC, otherwise it would be a disaster :-\ :-\

Hagebear

Ideally I'd like both to lose and play West Coast but really dont want to play Hawthron. They made us look stupid earlier in the year.

CrowsFan

Play Sydney in Sydney so I can go watch it :D

Hagebear

Well round 6 we beat Sydney in Sydney so that wouldn't be the worst. I'm stuck on the goldy so I won't be seeing anymore footy. Was lucky enough to see Carlton get embarrassed sat night though. Carlton..... LOL!!

nas

Quote from: Hagebear on August 28, 2012, 07:46:41 PM
Well round 6 we beat Sydney in Sydney so that wouldn't be the worst. I'm stuck on the gold so I won't be seeing anymore footy. Was lucky enough to see Carlton get embarrassed sat night though. Carlton..... LOL!!

Getting a few now on the Goldie

Toga

i reckon WC would be by far your outcome... playing them in adelaide as well wouldn't help your chances :P

but i reckon you'll struggle against either hawthorn or sydney, you guys have improved so much this year and are a really good team but i don't know if your guys have the big game experience that these guys do! you'll give em a run for their money but i'd be hoping for WCE in adelaide if i were you!

tommygun

Rather play Hawthorn at home than at the MCG, would rather play Sydney than WC as we match up really well on them.
Adelaide has massive unfinished business with Hawthorn and Collingwood and West Coast in finals.  Give us a shot at all of them for some redemption.  But realistically would be best if somebody knocked off the hawks before they meet Adelaide.
And West Coast or Sydney in the Grand Final would be awesome.

picker_man

dont wanna play the hawks, should bet the other 2 :)

McRooster

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 28, 2012, 07:10:02 PM
Play Sydney in Sydney so I can go watch it :D
Our record very good there CF, your selfishness is rather astute  ;)

I am cheering sooooo hard this week for the Cats and for West Coast, if both win and Crows win, we can finish top  8)

Even if one of them win we will make top 2 (assuming we beat Gold Coast) and thusly have 2 home finals.

Soft draw or not, Crows will be there on the last Saturday in September if they get a second final at home.

And if they get to THAT day, IDGAF who we play.

CrowsFan

Haha yes we do have a good record there, but the game would be at ANZ not SCG which could be different. Don't think we have played there often (if at all) before. I went to the game earlier in the season when we got up by 5. First game I had been to in years and I loved it :D

Ziplock

honestly atm, with the exception of freo, I don't think you guys are up to scratch with the rest of the 8. Adelaides best isn't up to scratch with the pies, cats, swans, hawks etc. and your worst is worse.

GL in finals, you'll need it.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Ziplock on August 31, 2012, 12:56:00 AM
honestly atm, with the exception of freo, I don't think you guys are up to scratch with the rest of the 8. Adelaides best isn't up to scratch with the pies, cats, swans, hawks etc. and your worst is worse.

well that's just a terrible statement! our "worse" players are fine and our best ::) as good as any!

McRooster

Hahaha - Crows v Sydney, in Sydney are sitting at 11-5. We've got 'em covered  ;)

We only have to play two teams to get to the GF (the three teams you have listed are irrelevant) as long as we win against GC  ::) and at least one of Hawthorn or Sydney lose.

Then it becomes a two horse race.

lachie_001

You are right, the gap between our worst and best is probably a lot bigger than the other 3 in the top 4 but I'm relying on us to play our best footy. Because our best footy can most certainly take it to anyone.