WXV Grand Final 2012 Record - Mexico City Suns v Cape Town Cobras

Started by ossie85, August 27, 2012, 08:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

PNL look for silver lining in dark clouds of the season

Mexico City are in a position to take out both titles - or they could come away with nothing.

The PNL Reindeers stand in there way for the Reserve Grand Final title.

PNL had a disappointing and unlucky first season. They lost there first 9 matches, before winning 5 of there last 9 to get some respectability. But there reserves side stayed consistent throughout, and now have a chance to take some silverware.

The likes of Chad Wingard, Matt Thomas, Adam Selwood, Nathan Lovett-Murray and Farren Ray will represent the Reindeers for French glory.

My Chumps

Getting The Job Dunn

Making your World 15's debut is without doubt one of the most nerve racking experiences of a players career, and for Lynden Dunn it was even more terrifying.

After an array of injuries to teammates and an excellent spell in the reserves in which he averaged 119 over 3 games, Dunn earnt himself a call up into the Cobras starting team... For a preliminary final.

Attendance was believed to around the capacity 64 000 mark at Cape Town stadium, a nerve racking sight for all players let alone a debutante.

But Lynden managed the pressure excellently, pulling out a more than servicable score of 89 during the dying stages of the Cobras win last week.

It has seemingly done enough to earn himself a spot on the biggest stage of them all on Saturday.

(NEWS ALERT: Cape Town Coach, My Chumps set to announce the Cobras team at 10:36PM EST. Stay tuned  ;))

My Chumps

Cape Town Cobras Grand Final Team

Def: Grimes, Gwilt, A Johnson, Wood
Mid: T Cotchin (C), Watson, JPK (VC), Selwood
Ruck: Thomas (half points)
Fwd: Sylvia, O'Keefe, Hawkins, Dunn
Int: Cooney, Bird

Em: Milne, Curnow, Coad

In: Selwood, Cooney
Out: Milne, Curnow

Curnow and Milne INCREDIBLY unlucky to miss out. Sorry boys, but it had to be done  :(

Cooney and Selwood back is a boost. Go the Cobras!

Justin Bieber

Awesome reads Oss leading up to the Grand Final!!! Going on the past 2 matches, it's a tough one to call but makes for a cracking Finale to the first season of World's!

ossie85

Loved the write up Mc! Best of luck to allthis week. Will lack internet access this weekend but will try to update

Maca24

Quote from: ossie85 on August 31, 2012, 10:37:20 AM
Loved the write up Mc! Best of luck to allthis week. Will lack internet access this weekend but will try to update
I'll update if I get a chance but I presume I'll be pretty busy this weekend so might not see an update until sunday.

CrowsFan

I'll be stuck at home looking after a puppy most of the weekend so I could probably update it :)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 31, 2012, 12:18:23 PM
I'll be stuck at home looking after a puppy most of the weekend so I could probably update it :)

Actually, leave it with me. I've got some 'design' things I'll be adding later today, one of which includes a scoring table that I'll update.

Maca24

Appreciate the effort C4 and Ossie! All the articles from Ossie and the updating C4 is going to do will be great!

Boomz

My early drafting turned out horribly :-X Slightly made up for it with Jack, Jetta & Selwood though I suppose... Hopefully Leuey can get on the park next year... Harsh on Rowe as CF said but I may be harsh on him too :-\ Will have to wait & see :-X

PS. Chumps will win

Maca24

Wrong Boomz!

Anyway, Sam Gilbert has done a "Presti" and declared himself unfit to play in the 1st ever Worlds Grand Final.
What a good bloke. Played nearly every game this year too but in reality is a very minor loss with plenty of defence depth.
Gilbert was at risk of being dropped anyway so made my decision easier :p
Ben Howlett comes straight back in from injury.
Two other fantastic contributors throughout the H&A season will be in the stands. We thank Nick Riewoldt and Nathan Foley for their huge contributions throughout the year!

c4v3m4n

c4v3m4n

2012 WXV Grand Final Team Sheets

The official team sheets from both sides have been announced and the match-ups are fascinating!

Match-ups To Watch

• Jobe Watson vs. Jimmy Bartel - Two superstars going head to head, this is mouthwatering. Jobe Watson has had an outstanding year averaging 121, but has run into a couple of ordinary games lately. Jimmy Bartel, on the other hand hasn't quite performed as well as previous years, but is no less as dangerous as Watson.
  • Joel Selwood vs. Brock McLean - What a return to football McLean has had. Outcast one day, star the next. His performances of recent have been outstanding, averaging 108 in the past 10 rounds. Though he's got his work cut out form him this week coming up against Selwood.
  • Jordan Lewis vs. Jack Grimes - After 3 years of bad luck due to multiple injuries, Grimes is finally repaying the football world with some amazing performances this year and is in red hot form averaging 107 from the past four games. Jordan Lewis, the courageous midfield/forward player has been invaluable this year and will provide Grimes with a few headaches.

Maca24

Looks great C4!
I'd hate to be a pain, but I changed Hardingham to Firrito. And made Didak 1st emergency and Hardingham 2nd emergency.

Ivan Maric vs Lindsay Thomas in the ruck! If only it was a real game :P