A Quick Story

Started by DT Sainter, August 26, 2012, 08:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DT Sainter

just to give some people an insight into how cruel dream team can be.

i was versing my best mate in the prelim final this weekend. after a topsy turvy weekend, he was on top until stevie j (his captain) put in a shocker. which left scott thompson to score 93+ for the win...after a tense game scott thompson gets a kick at the end to score 95.. and i win by 2....spark celebrations and also devastation on the other end....

then the scores are readjusted, thommo gets his final kick taken away....and i am eliminated from the finals by 1 point, after finishing top of the league and losing 2 games all year.....

yep...dream team

Flame

Feel for you! I just lost my match by 2 points!

FMDT!

boost

DT can be such a harsh game sometimes.

We've all been there at one point or another.

Maybe one of your players will get a late tackle added or something before lockout?

Fireballz

That sucks bro! Unlucky!

LF

DT is a bloody harsh mistress sometimes.
Especially been harsh this year.

youl_R_FCK

Me to mate up by 8 now a draw I had Thompson

DT Sainter

any chance of something else being adjusted still or are the scores now final? im hoping stevie j's hitout or something gets taken away and its a draw..then i go through haha

youl_R_FCK

Got done by my mate in the GF from that. Back then scores were shown Monday morning but I got dogged haha

Windigo

Losing to a friend is always the worst.  :(

KnightRyder

So far I am up by 1 in 'Ultimate Footy' ahead of the guy that has been on top of the ladder all year.  If scores get changed I will be a very, very unhappy man.  If they stay the same, I will be a very, very boastful man.  :)

Adamant

That happened to me earlier in the season...it sucks.

Jukes

My only mate who plays dt has teams ranked 65k and 75k so clear to see I don't see myself losing to him any time soon :P

Sad thing is, he actually tries hard, goes on DT Talk and sets his team every week.

Shihan7

Flower! That must suck :(

elephants

Massive FMDT moment there mate! Oh well, win some and you lose some!

CFC 1979

that 8 point adjustment after the last game freaked me out

would suck if your game was close