Rockliff...

Started by powersuperkents, August 25, 2012, 03:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingJB

Haha no harsher than the Rocky bashing going on. But really he does suck

elephants

I don't know why, but I just keep going back for more!!

me

Quote from: Holzman on August 26, 2012, 02:08:38 AM
Quote from: me on August 25, 2012, 11:54:36 PM
actually take out a few big tons against the shower teams in the first half of the year and he's actually going to be well overpriced

sure as eggs are eggs he'll be dishing out filthy little 60s and 70s against any decent team next year

you can avoid if you want but be warned it may be like not having beams or sidey this year.

nah i dont think so because a) lions are and will remain showerhouse while voss is there b) polkinghorne/clay beams/zorko/redden/black/rich/raines etc will demand a midfield spot ahead of him and because these guys have no versatility voss can only play them in the mids c) did i mention voss is coach?

KingJB

And voss being coach is bad why? He is a club legend has all the players respect and took them to the finals in his first year took a gamble with old recruits that didn't really pay off (although Raines Maguire and Staker have been good when playing and Fev with Brown had endless potential as proved) and hows now rebuilt the team to most likely end with 10 wins. If he gets Tippet next year with another preo has every chance of taking them to finals. So can't manage to see the problem with Voss as coach!

Colliwobblers

voss is an idiot for playing rockliff forward, watched almost evry lion game this season and they WITHOUT EXCEPTION performed better every time Rockliff played on the ball.

Say what you like that is the facts.

Finally did something intelligent this round myself and started treloar and benched rockliff, an emergency in your fwd line is all he is good for in fantasyland while playing fwd.

Kellogscrunchynut

Won't be confident to pick Rockliff unless he is consistently breaking the ton and makes a captain-worthy score every few weeks.

Colliwobblers

at low $300K as a mid fwd in 2013 i'll consider him, but as a mid only no way on earth will i get on even at the price.

Still if you got him that cheap for 2013, and he played in the center on the ball every game all game, you would be feeling pretty good when he averaged 120 again and rose to $550K.

nrich102

Quote from: POK252 on August 25, 2012, 05:57:59 PM
Quote from: KoopKicka on August 25, 2012, 05:46:20 PM
Port have choked again, come on boys! dont do this again! >:(

I tipped them too :(

Why would you tip port. They suck and the lions are awsome ;)

GO THE LIONS

Grazz

Had him all year and has powered me off but as DPP you would have to consider him next year as we may loose a few like Beams Sidebutt etc. By then we may have more of an idea of how much a gamble he will be, i'll reserve my judgement till then. Still thinking of benching him this week though, but i know if i do he'll spank it haha just having no luck lately  :-\

me

Quote from: KingJB on August 27, 2012, 07:14:07 PM
And voss being coach is bad why? He is a club legend has all the players respect and took them to the finals in his first year took a gamble with old recruits that didn't really pay off (although Raines Maguire and Staker have been good when playing and Fev with Brown had endless potential as proved) and hows now rebuilt the team to most likely end with 10 wins. If he gets Tippet next year with another preo has every chance of taking them to finals. So can't manage to see the problem with Voss as coach!

dt aside, the lions are horrible to watch and not going anywhere anytime soon - voss has been deplorable as coach - yes he was a great player, but in no way does being a great player guarantee you will even be a half decent coach

everytime i see the lions play a remotely decent team, they get thoroughly smashed and look noncompetitive, bar the odd (fluke) win eg. against west coast

i'm not even going to bother to look but could just about guarantee you that at least 8 of those 10 wins will be against teams like melbourne/gc/dogs/port/giants