Who will be where next year

Started by Thedreamteamgod, August 24, 2012, 11:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DT Gun

Quote from: pommyadam on August 25, 2012, 01:17:33 PM
Quote from: Adamant on August 25, 2012, 12:03:52 AM
Goddard to Freo  ;)
if he ends up playing under lyon, his DT career is over as far as i'm concerned

probably up with one of the dumbest comments ive ever read on this forum...

Scrads

Quote from: DT Gun on August 25, 2012, 01:58:48 PM
Quote from: pommyadam on August 25, 2012, 01:17:33 PM
Quote from: Adamant on August 25, 2012, 12:03:52 AM
Goddard to Freo  ;)
if he ends up playing under lyon, his DT career is over as far as i'm concerned

probably up with one of the dumbest comments ive ever read on this forum...

Totally agree with DT Gun.

Haha, Brendon was soooo shower at DT for all the other years he was playing under Ross Lyon ::)

KoopKicka

Just some food for thoguht

Looking at the pies midfield, they have about 7 or 8 high quality midfielders, plus up and comers in Mooney and Williams, so could we be seeing someone like a Wellingham or a Ben Sinclair move somewhere else? Probably crazy I know, but when they have guys like Swan,Beams,Sidebottom,Ball,Pendlebury,Daisy,Didak etc. Its gonna be hard for the others to get spots, (Wellingham,Seedsman,Sinclair,etc.) especially with Mooney and Williams knocking on the door.

Am I making any sense? Can a Pies fan elaborate?

Toga

Quote from: Hagebear on August 25, 2012, 01:12:18 PM
Quote from: POK252 on August 25, 2012, 09:09:39 AM
Chris Knights serious option in 2013 if he gets traded and has a good pre season :)

Definately agree. I reckon he'll head to the tigers who are a very DT relevant team and will only get better. Will probably play half forward and with a good preseason could go back to averaging 85+ like he did a couple of years ago.

yeah i'd love him at tigerland, would compliment robbie and titch nicely up in the forward line

would be a lock in my DT next year!

POK252

Quote from: KoopKicka on August 25, 2012, 05:01:37 PM

Looking at the pies midfield, they have about 7 or 8 high quality midfielders, plus up and comers in Mooney and Williams, so could we be seeing someone like a Wellingham or a Ben Sinclair move somewhere else? Probably crazy I know, but when they have guys like Swan,Beams,Sidebottom,Ball,Pendlebury,Daisy,Didak etc. Its gonna be hard for the others to get spots, (Wellingham,Seedsman,Sinclair,etc.) especially with Mooney and Williams knocking on the door.

Hmmm yeah i get what u mean. Our midfield is 1st class, defence is ok (depends how much the ball gets down there) and forwards are pretty average atm. The out-of-contract Wellingham is the one who might consider leaving considering he's a Perth boy (probably having too much fun with Buddy though) I reckon everyone (except Cloke) wants to stay aslong as their getting a game. Wellingham, Seedsman and Sinclair are getting games so cant see them being somewhere else next year. Dids, Johnno and Jols will probably retire at end of next year.

strikes91

Goddard - Saints
Tippett - Brisbane
J.Griffin - Suns
Fevola - pies ;)
Cloke - Crows

Noz

Ablett, Franklin, Glass and Cox to Port you heard it hear first.

KoopKicka

Quote from: Noz on August 26, 2012, 12:11:11 AM
Ablett, Franklin, Glass and Cox to Port you heard it hear first.
I see a Pig in the Adelaide Night Sky ;)

Noz

Chris Knights would be a great fit at Collingwood to be honest.
Wellingham could be looking to get back home to either West Coast or Fremantle.
GWS are after Bellchambers but Essendon would be silly to let him go.
Josh Toy to North? Would be a good fit and a good up and coming youngster of the half back line.
Goddard will stay i reckon as will Montanga.
Collingwood will push heavy for a ready made ruck man though can't figure out who of the top of my head. McIntosh?

Ricochet

Quote from: Noz on August 26, 2012, 12:20:24 AM
Josh Toy to North? Would be a good fit and a good up and coming youngster of the half back line.
Collingwood will push heavy for a ready made ruck man though can't figure out who of the top of my head. McIntosh?
this is true, warnock maybe?

Noz

Quote from: Ricochet on August 26, 2012, 01:04:58 AM

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/form-and-free-agency-could-send-western-bulldogs-ruckman-will-minsons-stocks-soaring/story-e6frf9jf-1226350395331

This is a good read it takes about clubs coming after un restricted free agents in Jamar, West, Warnock and Minson. Collingwood and Hawthorn and looking at them the most.

EZA100

POK252

Quote from: Noz on August 26, 2012, 01:10:34 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on August 26, 2012, 01:04:58 AM

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/form-and-free-agency-could-send-western-bulldogs-ruckman-will-minsons-stocks-soaring/story-e6frf9jf-1226350395331

This is a good read it takes about clubs coming after un restricted free agents in Jamar, West, Warnock and Minson. Collingwood and Hawthorn and looking at them the most.

Warnock signed a 3 year contract not too long ago  ???

DT87

Quote from: POK252 on August 25, 2012, 06:07:24 PM
Quote from: KoopKicka on August 25, 2012, 05:01:37 PM

Hmmm yeah i get what u mean. Our midfield is 1st class, defence is ok (depends how much the ball gets down there) and forwards are pretty average atm. The out-of-contract Wellingham is the one who might consider leaving considering he's a Perth boy (probably having too much fun with Buddy though) I reckon everyone (except Cloke) wants to stay aslong as their getting a game. Wellingham, Seedsman and Sinclair are getting games so cant see them being somewhere else next year. Dids, Johnno and Jols will probably retire at end of next year.

Interesting point KoopKicka, the chances of Wellingham leaving are probably fairly low but realistic. If he specifically wants to head back West the Dockers would probably be more interested in him than the Eagles, though if Koby Stevens leaves I guess Wellingham would be worth considering as a replacement, despite being a different type of midfielder and three years older.

Speaking of Koby Stevens, does anyone know if any clubs are particularly interested in signing him?

Ziplock

Port.

*will take what they can get*