The 2012 AFL Trade, Free Agency, Draft and Off-Season Thread

Started by Tominator, August 24, 2012, 08:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Wellingham to West Coast please please please!!!

Tominator

Sharrod Wellingham has nominated West Coast as his club of choice for 2013 and beyond

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149169/default.aspx

Late on Thursday, Wellingham, 24, was quoted on the Triple M website as saying the lure of family and the opportunity to make a fresh start were the reasons behind his wish to return to his native Western Australia.

Rusty00

Quote from: Tominator on October 04, 2012, 06:09:19 PM
Quote from: Toga on October 04, 2012, 05:55:36 PM
Quote from: Tominator on October 04, 2012, 05:50:18 PM
I'm baffled by Port Adelaide at the moment

very surprised they didnt at least try to get a trade for Chaplin, as he is one of their better players but they've just let him walk free to Richmond. I would've matched the offer and if he still wanted to go to Richmond then at least you'd get something out of it...

yeah exactly, i thought they would've at least bidded on one of pearce or chaplin and tried to get them to stay... ???

i think they're gearing up for an attack of their own on russell, slattery and monfries...

a bit odd either way, their defence will be very inexperienced and undermanned next season by the look of it

They have Trengove and Ali-fatty Carlile, but besides that its very slim. If they don't get Russell and Slattery they are wooden spoon favourites, and in some markets they already are

Surjan wants out, Jacobs wants out, Salopek is gone, Chaplin and Pearce are gone, so they are gonna be relying on their midfielders to help out in defence..
Port have done a reasonable job throughout the year re-signing their better players/prospects and I think there is a bit of overrating of some of the players that are leaving. Boak, Trengove, Gray, Butcher, Hartlett are just some of the players that have re-signed this year (or maybe last year for a couple of them).
The players leaving or potentially leaving:
Pearce: Never really found his groove at Port after his rookie year. Constantly tagged and would continue to be tagged at Port, whereas he might be released a bit at Fremantle. Plus Port get compensation for him - equals a win for both parties.
Chaplin: A good "third man", "intercept" defender but is useless playing 1 on 1 and has average skills and possibly has knee issues.
Salopek: 0 AFL games this year and spent a good portion of the year playing reserves for Glenelg. No loss.
Surjan: An "honest tryer" who gives his all, but has limited leg speed and limited skills. Easily replaceable.
Jacobs: I admit if they lose him then it will be a blow given he's a first round draft pick. However not sure anyone would be willing to give up what Port would ask for in a trade.
Quote from: Tominator on October 04, 2012, 06:09:19 PM
If they don't get Russell and Slattery they are wooden spoon favourites, and in some markets they already are
I'm not sure Slattery will stop them being wooden spoon favourites  :P They'll probably still end up with him though  ::)

A lot of people said they would win the wooden spoon this year, yet they finished 14th above Western Bulldogs and Melbourne.

Tominator

BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Carlton are interested in Raphael Clarke !!!

elephants

Would love Jacobs at WCE... Or is that just greedy?

Tominator

Quote from: elephants on October 04, 2012, 11:33:38 PM

Ben Jacobs wants to go to Victoria... a move to St Kilda looking more likely by the day

Saints going after Mitch Brown, may use Jamie Cripps as trade bait to get Brown

elephants

Quote from: Tominator on October 04, 2012, 11:46:29 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 04, 2012, 11:33:38 PM

Ben Jacobs wants to go to Victoria... a move to St Kilda looking more likely by the day

Saints going after Mitch Brown, may use Jamie Cripps as trade bait to get Brown

Brown for Cripps? Not thanks. Brown is solid and Key Backs could be the only position we lack...

Toga

Quote from: Rusty00 on October 04, 2012, 10:05:24 PM
Chaplin: A good "third man", "intercept" defender but is useless playing 1 on 1 and has average skills and possibly has knee issues.

I think there's a lot of underrating going on with the players leaving port actually! How many times has Chaplin finished top 5 for the power? And they obviously were strongly considering keeping him with the amount of time they took to make a decision...

Rusty00

Toga

Tominator

Quote from: Rusty00 on October 05, 2012, 12:25:16 PM
Quote from: Tominator on October 04, 2012, 10:49:48 PM
BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Carlton are interested in Raphael Clarke !!!
GWS as well  ;)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149191/default.aspx

I think the old coaches may be getting early signs of Alzhemiers cos they must've forgotten how bad he is   ;D ;D

Bill Manspeaker

lol the day has finally come. see ya Raph.. thanks for the memories.. ..wait.. thanks for nothing :)

Tominator

RUMOUR

Collingwood to hand over Luke Rounds and Chris Dawes to Melbourne in exchange for Pick 13 and Stefan Martin

Melbourne losing out there IMO

monstrum

Melbourne losing bigtime!

Mind u if dawes could find some form could work well with clarke

Spite

Quote from: Tominator on October 05, 2012, 01:46:20 PM
RUMOUR

Collingwood to hand over Luke Rounds and Chris Dawes to Melbourne in exchange for Pick 13 and Stefan Martin

Melbourne losing out there IMO

Actually would be a dream come true!!!