The 2012 AFL Trade, Free Agency, Draft and Off-Season Thread

Started by Tominator, August 24, 2012, 08:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Tominator

I'm baffled by Port Adelaide at the moment

very surprised they didnt at least try to get a trade for Chaplin, as he is one of their better players but they've just let him walk free to Richmond. I would've matched the offer and if he still wanted to go to Richmond then at least you'd get something out of it...

My Chumps

Shannon Byrnes officially a Demon too... Don't have a link, source is 'Trade Week Radio on AFL.com'.

Port are a train wreck Tom  :-\

Wellingham's manager apparently saying he's heading West or staying at Collingwood... Not interested in a move to The Demons, which is actually fair enough...

So what if Adelaide can't finalise a deal for Tippet? Does that mean he could end up at GWS through the PSD?

Toga

Quote from: Tominator on October 04, 2012, 05:50:18 PM

very surprised they didnt at least try to get a trade for Chaplin, as he is one of their better players but they've just let him walk free to Richmond. I would've matched the offer and if he still wanted to go to Richmond then at least you'd get something out of it...

yeah exactly, i thought they would've at least bidded on one of pearce or chaplin and tried to get them to stay... ???

i think they're gearing up for an attack of their own on russell, slattery and monfries...

a bit odd either way, their defence will be very inexperienced and undermanned next season by the look of it

Ringo

http://www.lions.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5085/newsid/149142/default.aspx

Interesting that Lions are also interested in Clint Young under Free Agency if they do not get Tippett,

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Tominator on October 04, 2012, 03:51:30 PM
Quote from: BB67th on October 04, 2012, 02:03:35 PM
Gold Coast can't get Tippett automatically in the PSD now. The AFL said that GWS would be able to pick him if they want cos the rule that they couldn't pick another uncontracted Crow ended last year.

Good, then GC will have to trade

Crows playing hard ball with Tippett now saying they effectively do not care that he wants to go to QLD, he will go wherever best suits the Crows

Sydney have offered one million a year to Tippett :o

But supposively GWS cannot take Tippett. Forgot why, but are not allowed.

Tominator

Quote from: Toga on October 04, 2012, 05:55:36 PM
Quote from: Tominator on October 04, 2012, 05:50:18 PM

yeah exactly, i thought they would've at least bidded on one of pearce or chaplin and tried to get them to stay... ???

i think they're gearing up for an attack of their own on russell, slattery and monfries...

a bit odd either way, their defence will be very inexperienced and undermanned next season by the look of it

They have Trengove and Ali-fatty Carlile, but besides that its very slim. If they don't get Russell and Slattery they are wooden spoon favourites, and in some markets they already are

Surjan wants out, Jacobs wants out, Salopek is gone, Chaplin and Pearce are gone, so they are gonna be relying on their midfielders to help out in defence..

CrowsFan

Nah whatlez they are allowed to pick him up in the preseason draft.

QuoteCrows officials feared Tippett could block a trade deal to slip to Gold Coast without compensation in the pre-season draft, where the Suns have pick No.2.

It was understood by many AFL club officials that GWS could not use its No.1 pick to claim an uncontracted Crow because it had already made a wildcard poach on Adelaide with key defender Phil Davis.

AFL legal executive Andrew Dillon says the rule stopping a second uncontracted Crow from joining GWS in the pre-season draft applied only to last year.

tbagrocks

GWS can take Kurt in the pre-season Draft, that is not signing a free agent it is Drafting an uncontracted player, different things, so then If GC want Kurt they have to trade, and I say good!! that's the idea of having early picks and young players set up by the AFL

To friggen on-trade to get senior players!!!, they didn't in 2010 that's their problem!

Sliam

Port has next to no money. Hence why all their half-decent players are being taken

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 04, 2012, 06:10:52 PM
Nah whatlez they are allowed to pick him up in the preseason draft.

QuoteCrows officials feared Tippett could block a trade deal to slip to Gold Coast without compensation in the pre-season draft, where the Suns have pick No.2.

It was understood by many AFL club officials that GWS could not use its No.1 pick to claim an uncontracted Crow because it had already made a wildcard poach on Adelaide with key defender Phil Davis.

AFL legal executive Andrew Dillon says the rule stopping a second uncontracted Crow from joining GWS in the pre-season draft applied only to last year.

I don't really understand that part.

FisherSaints

Just so this thread is in my new replies thing  :D

Sliam

Quote from: FisherSaints on October 04, 2012, 06:54:20 PM
Just so this thread is in my new replies thing  :D

Isn't there a notify button for that?

quinny88

Quote from: Sliam on October 04, 2012, 06:29:35 PM
Port has next to no money. Hence why all their half-decent players are being taken

How could they not? There must be some players being waaaay over payed if thats the case

Toga

Quote from: quinny88 on October 04, 2012, 07:10:04 PM
Quote from: Sliam on October 04, 2012, 06:29:35 PM

How could they not? There must be some players being waaaay over payed if thats the case

i think they have plenty of salary cap room (i'd hope, at least!) but are struggling finance-wise elsewhere (like funding coaches etc.)