The 2012 AFL Trade, Free Agency, Draft and Off-Season Thread

Started by Tominator, August 24, 2012, 08:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tominator

Quote from: Toga on September 18, 2012, 05:32:00 PM
Quote from: BB67th on September 18, 2012, 04:21:15 PM
What do people think on Scott Gumbleton? He isn't going to stay at the Dons but where will he go? He still has a lot of potential I think and he could be another strong weapon in attack for someone.

Jus' saying he'd probably be a good match for what Richmond needs...?

great thought Toga, I can see him slotting in to Richmond very well and could be a great assist to Riewoldt... cos of his cursed injury run he probably won't reach the same heights of Riewoldt but could be a very good #2 forward for them and the two of them could form a very dangerous partnership over the next few years.

I could see him slotting into Melbourne, Western Bulldogs or even Brisbane quite comfrotably as well

BB67th

I reckon the Bulldogs will probably go after him a bit. They need a big body down there like him.

Tominator

the Bulldogs need a good young forward like a fish needs water

gossiboy

Kevin Sheedy has today sworn that he will get Trent Cotchin to GWS. After much speculation that Richmond are going hard after GWS former number 3 draft pick Dom Tyson who wants to come home to Victorian, Sheeds today promised that he would make Cotchin an offer he couldn't refuse and lure the superstar to GWS.

tbagrocks

but what will they have to offer Richmond, the whole western suberbs of Sydney? draft pick 1 and the kitchen sink ;)

Toga

Quote from: gossiboy on September 19, 2012, 05:29:20 PM
Kevin Sheedy has today sworn that he will get Trent Cotchin to GWS. After much speculation that Richmond are going hard after GWS former number 3 draft pick Dom Tyson who wants to come home to Victorian, Sheeds today promised that he would make Cotchin an offer he couldn't refuse and lure the superstar to GWS.

Sheeds is a flowering dicktwat then of he thinks that will happen.

1. Why would cotch leave when he is likely to be skipper next year?
2. Why would he further delay being in a successfully team?
3. Why would he want to live in western sydney?

Open your eyes flowernuts, not everyone are money grabbing maniacs like scully.

My Chumps

Lol, number 3 is the best reason  :P

KoopKicka

Quote from: Tominator on September 18, 2012, 08:42:46 PM

Luke Dahlhaus? Tory Dickson? Matthew Panos?

My Chumps

Quote from: KoopKicka on September 19, 2012, 08:38:28 PM

Roughead? Cordy? (very optimistically) Liam Jones?!?!

BB67th

Quote from: My Chumps on September 19, 2012, 09:26:27 PM
Quote from: KoopKicka on September 19, 2012, 08:38:28 PM

Roughead? Cordy? (very optimistically) Liam Jones?!?!
None of them fit that bill. I think Gia was the Dogs top scorer this year with something like 25 goals. Thats pitiful.

Tominator

yeah but they need somebody who can actually feed those small forwards

Sorry I should've said a good young key forward....

Cordy, Jones and Roughead all have a very long way to go. Dahlhaus is a spark but they can't rely on him only. Dickson is good but not the goalkicking forward they need. Panos... hasn't played a game yet (at least I don't think so). Zephaniah Skinner and Nathan Djerkurra (however you spell it) are both a long way off as well, and Djerkurra has retired now too....

My point is that Scott Gumbleton is somebody the Bulldogs should look at very seriously

#endrant

Tominator

wouldn't call this a reliable source, but nonetheless here is a potential bombshell from Facebook page "AFL Free Agency and Trade Week Updates" has just posted this:

QuoteAndy Otten has asked to be traded.

http://www.facebook.com/AFLFreeAgencyTradeWeek/posts/392661564135901

Why Andy Otten would request a trade on the eve of a prelim final he has just been called up for seems bizarre.... I am by no means saying this source is legit or not but it is a source none the less. Be interesting to see what eventuates from here.

Toga

Quote from: Tominator on September 22, 2012, 12:25:29 AM
wouldn't call this a reliable source, but nonetheless here is a potential bombshell from Facebook page "AFL Free Agency and Trade Week Updates" has just posted this:

QuoteAndy Otten has asked to be traded.

http://www.facebook.com/AFLFreeAgencyTradeWeek/posts/392661564135901

Why Andy Otten would request a trade on the eve of a prelim final he has just been called up for seems bizarre.... I am by no means saying this source is legit or not but it is a source none the less. Be interesting to see what eventuates from here.

Hmm I wouldn't be surprised if Andy wanted to be traded but I doubt he would ask for it now right before he could potentially play in a grand final with the crows...

Interesting stuff!

Tominator

Travis Cloke has re-signed with Collingwood for another 5 years. Now official.

Toga

Koby Stevens has asked to be traded by West Coast...

QuoteRugged midfielder Koby Stevens is seeking to continue his career at another AFL club after conducting his end of season interview with the West Coast Eagles.

Stevens, who played in the WAFL grand final for East Fremantle on Sunday, has informed the club he would like to be traded to continue his AFL career.

I'm thinking Essendon would be very interested?