The 2012 AFL Trade, Free Agency, Draft and Off-Season Thread

Started by Tominator, August 24, 2012, 08:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tominator

Discuss all the trade whispers you've heard around the place !

Thought I'd make this thread a little bit early so that I get in before others do hahaha   ::)

Is there anybody you want your club to sign or delist? Anything you've heard around the place? Obviously, Travis Boak, Kurt Tippett, Brendon Goddard and Travis Cloke are the four biggest contract sagas going around, so what do you think will happen there?

Post all about anything that is AFL-relevant in this thread !

UPDATE - 30/10/12

This thread now can be used for off-season news and all draft related news too. Keeps us all interested in footy over the summer!  ::)

Ziplock

My Chumps

Heard a really, really funny rumour that Collingwood are going to offer the Q stick a two year deal seeing as he's an unrestriced free agent... If it's true, almost certain that Cloke will leave.

Tominator

believe it or not but golf may be an influencing factor in Brendan Goddard's decision...... yes, golf

Apparently he has expressed an interest in joining the Royal Perth Golf Club this week.. Goddard and Sam Fisher are both mad keen golfers and ambassadors to the Australian PGA, but I wouldn't have thought golf would influence a football-related decision...

If that is the case then a reunion with Ross Lyon may be on the cards... Goddard to wear purple next year perhaps?

EZA100

knights and chaplin have been rumoured to be involved in Richmond, but the port adelaide coach denied it, wouldnt be suprised though richmond would need another tall defender instead of Alex "The Butcher" Rance.

BB67th

Pretty sure Chaplin to Richmond will almost be a done deal. Knights would be attracting attention from a lot of clubs you would think. He could be a nice fit at the Cats when people like Chapman start to retire. GWS will show interest in him as always.

Toga

Quote from: Tominator on August 25, 2012, 06:23:51 PM
believe it or not but golf may be an influencing factor in Brendan Goddard's decision...... yes, golf

Apparently he has expressed an interest in joining the Royal Perth Golf Club this week.. Goddard and Sam Fisher are both mad keen golfers and ambassadors to the Australian PGA, but I wouldn't have thought golf would influence a football-related decision...

If that is the case then a reunion with Ross Lyon may be on the cards... Goddard to wear purple next year perhaps?

haha saw taht on AFL website, its pretty funny that golf would play a hand anywhere in footy haha

but i don't think its the Royal Perth that is the reason that BJ would go to Perth; Melbourne has just as good courses! I reckon its a sign that he's almost a done deal over there and he's applying coz he'll need somewhere to play when he gets there! ;)

but also I really think the tigers will push hard for the Knights/Chaplin combo... would really compliment our line-up! wouldn't mind seeing big Travvy in the yellow and black either ;)

oh, and get rid of white and webberly thanks

TheMailman

Toga

crows to ask tambling to flower off?

Tominator

Melbourne have offered a 4 year deal to Angus Monfries; Port Adelaide are also interested apparently

Richmond have apparently done the same for Troy Chaplin

Travis Boak locked in for another 2 years at Port Adelaide

All the hype around Kurt Tippett has died down in Adelaide for the time being but will definitely increase again over the next few weeks

And Port Adelaide are also apparently interested in Liam Jurrah; I personally would stay well clear though until this legal dispute is solved as it would be poison taking a player who come 6 months time could be calling a 6x4 cell his home. But then again, it is Port Adelaide....

KoopKicka

Heard a rumour Port have offered Chapman a 2 year deal, since hes apparently not happy at Geelong where there only offering him one.

Tominator

Quote from: KoopKicka on September 09, 2012, 04:37:40 PM
Heard a rumour Port have offered Chapman a 2 year deal, since hes apparently not happy at Geelong where there only offering him one.

not a happy Chappy ?

Tominator

St Kilda and Essendon are both reportedly very interested in Josh Caddy from GC and Brent Moloney from Melbourne

Both players are seeking new clubs but personally I only think one of them would fit in at the Saints, because they are both very similar players in build and style, and if I were Scott Watters and had to pick one I would go Josh Caddy. Pick 7 in the 2010 Draft; going to be a gun in future years; so I'd take him over Moloney.

However, I think Essendon would be better suited to Brent Moloney, as their midfield - bar Watson - is a weaker link with lots of young players, so an experienced head like Moloney could have a very positive effect on their midfield clearance abilities, and help propel the Bombers back into Top 8 next year.

Anybody else got thoughts on these trade whispers ?

BB67th

What do people think on Scott Gumbleton? He isn't going to stay at the Dons but where will he go? He still has a lot of potential I think and he could be another strong weapon in attack for someone.

Toga

Quote from: BB67th on September 18, 2012, 04:21:15 PM
What do people think on Scott Gumbleton? He isn't going to stay at the Dons but where will he go? He still has a lot of potential I think and he could be another strong weapon in attack for someone.

Jus' saying he'd probably be a good match for what Richmond needs...?