The 2012 AFL Trade, Free Agency, Draft and Off-Season Thread

Started by Tominator, August 24, 2012, 08:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tominator

Surely not....... Surely not

Jesse White has flown into Adelaide tonight..... Surely the Crows are not seriously considering getting him for Tippett....... Surely not

Ricochet

Quote from: Tominator on October 06, 2012, 11:59:45 PM
Surely not....... Surely not

Jesse White has flown into Adelaide tonight..... Surely the Crows are not seriously considering getting him for Tippett....... Surely not
woow.. straight swap? haha

/////////////////////////

gws are getting pick 5 and 6 for jack martin and jed anderson. 5 and 6 will be better than those two

Spite

Quote from: ///////////////////////// on October 07, 2012, 05:39:37 PM
gws are getting pick 5 and 6 for jack martin and jed anderson. 5 and 6 will be better than those two

Any other draft I would disagree, this draft I can't argue with you there. Good deal

Tominator

Fairly sure Jed Anderson isn't eligible for the mini draft?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Tominator on October 07, 2012, 07:21:26 PM

gws can take anderson as a NT zone selection and trade him straight away

Cicjose

Quote from: Tominator on October 07, 2012, 07:21:26 PM

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149259/default.aspx

Now he's finally eligible for the NAB AFL Draft in November â€" and he said he's willing to go anywhere to ignite his career at an AFL club.

"Hopefully I get to do my first pre-season this year, play in the AFL next year and become the best AFL player I can be," he told AFL.com.au.

Anderson is a 181cm midfielder and half-back with a relentless attack on the ball and the ability to run and carry.

GWS has first dibs on his signature because the Northern Territory is its zone. The Giants could put Anderson on to their senior list or they could list him and then trade him on.

Zone selection

Cicjose

i just quoted a reliable source to help the discussion :P

Justin Bieber

NT could be QLD Zone Selection since NT are in the NEAFL...

Ricochet

well not bad for an opening day of trades...

Officially we have

GWS give: Jack Martin (#1 pick in mini draft)
GC give: Pick 2

Bombers give: Angus Monfries
Port give: Pick 48

Saints give: Pick 12
GWS give: Tom Lee, Pick 24 and 43

Hawks give: Pick 21 and 41
Bulldogs give: Brian Lake + Pick 27

and the day isn't even over yet

tbagrocks

What is wrong with the Gold Coast they will still be trading for 17yr olds when Ablett is in a wheel chair! Stupid flowering morons, just take the licence off them now!!

Ricochet

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 08, 2012, 05:59:09 PM
What is wrong with the Gold Coast they will still be trading for 17yr olds when Ablett is in a wheel chair! Stupid flowering morons, just take the licence off them now!!
haha yeh but they will be a force in 5 years

gossiboy

Looks like GWS could end up with picks 1,2 and 3 for the second year in a row if Melbourne decide to trade pick 3 for the second pick in the mini draft.

Means GWS could draft Whitfield, O'Rourke and maybe Toumpas or Grundy (they need a ruckman with the departure of Giles looking likely).

Adding Whitfield, O'Rourke and Toumpas to the pool of supremely talented players they already have such as Patton, Cameron, Coniglio, Cameron, Buntine, Dom Tyson, Treloar and Bugg just to name a few off the top of my head will make this team seriously scary in a few years time.

If GWS do get the top three picks again this year and they don't win at least one premiership in the next 5-10 years, presumably under the coaching of Leon Cameron, then I will label this team a failure.

So much talent with limitless potential could see this GWS team go places that very very few teams have gone before.