The Future of the World 15s - PLEASE READ

Started by c4v3m4n, August 24, 2012, 02:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MajorLazer

Quote from: BB67th on August 24, 2012, 05:29:49 PM
I only really come on to FF after the Worlds and Euros were already made, hence why I signed up for the British and Asian XVs. I would happily give up those teams to coach in the Worlds or Euros which I do see as the premier comps. I don't think the comps need to change were they are, I mean what does it really matter if we have a few teams that come from the same country? We definitely do need child boards though to clean everything up.

So all we really need is to get new boards for the different comps, I am also in favor of the one team only rule as long as we can find coaches that will run the teams properly.
Definitely agree with BB. We don'tned to worry about the one team per coach rule until we have clear proof of interest from new coaches.

My opinion is that there just need to be seperate boards for each different comp. That's why it seems like there is so much going on and that's why it seems so cluttered.

The 4 comps aren't really related that much anyway, but I don't mind if I have to change the location of my team.

BB67th

Also I would just like to add that I don't believe that all the competitions need to have the same rules. For example the VC rule in the Asians makes it different and unique. The different rules provide some changes between the competitions other than just the different scoring systems.

PowerBug

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 24, 2012, 05:27:09 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on August 24, 2012, 05:20:41 PM
The problem came when a 3rd competition was thought of.

is this your way of saying you don't want to be a part of teh 3rd or 4th competitions ?   :P

and i still fail to see "exactly" where the "problem" is ?
Well, as shown by about 2/3 threads it has created a dilemma. :)

Master Q

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 24, 2012, 04:47:41 PM
@ MasterQ - So are you saying you would be happy to run the drafts, the trade periods, the list management, the fixture and anything else required for all 4 competitions simultaneously each preseason postseason and during the season, whatever is required?

Just wondering that seems like a whole lot of work and all at the exact same time each season.
Not on my own of course. I was just saying I support the idea and think that I am doing something a little like it atm. Seeing as I have no intentions of Head Coaching, I wouldn't mind lending a hand as long as I can stay on as Director of Coaching at the Islanders (or wherever they relocate to)  :P

Also, I don't think c4 was suggesting to remove the admins. I think he was saying that there would be a governing body type system who can help out the admins.

BB67th

Quote from: Master Q on August 24, 2012, 05:41:01 PM
@ MasterQ - So are you saying you would be happy to run the drafts, the trade periods, the list management, the fixture and anything else required for all 4 competitions simultaneously each preseason postseason and during the season, whatever is required?

Just wondering that seems like a whole lot of work and all at the exact same time each season.
Not on my own of course. I was just saying I support the idea and think that I am doing something a little like it atm. Seeing as I have no intentions of Head Coaching, I wouldn't mind lending a hand as long as I can stay on as Director of Coaching at the Islanders (or wherever they relocate to)  :P

Also, I don't think c4 was suggesting to remove the admins. I think he was saying that there would be a governing body type system who can help out the admins.
No point for this governing body IMO. Don't see why the 4 competitions have to do anything with each other in that regard.

Master Q

Quote from: BB67th on August 24, 2012, 05:35:38 PM
Also I would just like to add that I don't believe that all the competitions need to have the same rules. For example the VC rule in the Asians makes it different and unique. The different rules provide some changes between the competitions other than just the different scoring systems.
Generally the same rules, not every single one I think.

I'd also like to add that there are plenty of people around the DT and SC boards who could potentially get involved. Not enough to only have 1 user per team though.

PowerBug

I do not agree with the non-biased group of people running the competition. As there are (believe it or not) selfish people here who when stuck with 2 options, and unsure what to do first, will do what benefits them first. And if they aren't in a team then why do that? ;) I would do exactly the same thing if i was in that position.

The way it is now with Ossie, Holz, Colli, MTTY all having tehir owns teams in the respective competitions is good.

Also, who would want to run these comps and not be a part of them?? It was a genius idea and has the ability to be very successful.

Master Q

Quote from: BB67th on August 24, 2012, 05:42:20 PM

No point for this governing body IMO. Don't see why the 4 competitions have to do anything with each other in that regard.
Well why else merge  ::)

BB67th

Quote from: Master Q on August 24, 2012, 05:44:34 PM
Quote from: BB67th on August 24, 2012, 05:42:20 PM

Well why else merge  ::)
I'm saying to not merge. Instead just give each comp a separate board.

Colliwobblers

I agree with the "principal" Q, but I don't like the idea that a governing body could at any time change rules, setup, or anything else they saw fit to do.

I like the idea of a head of the XV's that oversees all 4 competitions but is really just a figure head and only responsible for maintaining standards, potential dispute resolution, and assigning new coaches to assistant positions if we are going to have coaches with multiple teams hand over teams to new coaches in the future.

No issue with there being a committee that fulfills this role rather than just one person.

Also coaches that say tehy don't rate teh 2 new competitions and would rather be in the worlds or euros should maybe seek assistants roles within the worlds or euros and forget having a team in the British or Asians, doesn't seem right to enter the Asians or British with a view that it is not the real deal anyway and stating you would happily dump that team if a move to the euros or worlds came up...

think this is just risking these coaches pulling out of the british and asians down the track, maybe if that's the plan don't bother to start with....

probably too late for the british the draft is going but for the asians we can go with less teams if people think they would rather be in worlds or euros....

Purple 77

Well, if you really think about it, if the banner was called "World 15s", is it so bad that there is a league also called that?

That is:

---------> World 15s
----------------->World 15s
----------------->Euro 15s
----------------->British 15s
----------------->Asian 15s

It wouldn't bother me personally.......

JBs-Hawks

I'm with pickers. It aint broke don't fix it.

And I'm also with all other Asian and British coaches in that I have these teams because I didn't get a euro world's team but am quite happy to train an assistant up to take over if I got a gig in the other compps. I had koops as my assistant in British draft hopefully taught him a bit and now he gets his own team in Asians

All we need is 4 boards

picker_man

well said cw :)

i will never wanna give up my asians & british teams even if i got an offer to go into the other comps. As ive been in the asians & british from the start and built my teams from scratch there all im interested in, not whats going on in worlds and only occassionally in Euro's as im an assistant (go the dino's :) ). and i would not be happy to give up either!

also totally disagree with all this talk of a governing body etc these comps are meant to be fun and the administator for each one brings something else to the table that the other doesnt giving each comp its own pro's and con's, this is not the place for some corporate orgainisation setup where sum bloke is in charge of the lot cause we all know how that works out for the little people (coaches) in the real world. Also doubt anyone will run a comp as professionaly and organised as cw if they have 3 others to look after aswell!!!

Nails

Poll locked, didn't read many of the replies... can't see poll results, so not aware of general consensus...

However one thing is

i HATE HATE HATE this idea:

QuotePersonally, I feel that the rules for each division should be uniform throughout the "New World 15s" competition, providing less confusion between each competition. Again, this isn't hard, the only thing that cant change would be the number of teams per division as that is already set.

Ricochet

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 24, 2012, 06:09:58 PM
Well, if you really think about it, if the banner was called "World 15s", is it so bad that there is a league also called that?

That is:

---------> World 15s
----------------->World 15s
----------------->Euro 15s
----------------->British 15s
----------------->Asian 15s

It wouldn't bother me personally.......
i would have thought this would be the easiest fix. it would clean up the board and keep everything separate