Lance Armstrong to be stripped of his 7 TDF titles

Started by Tominator, August 24, 2012, 02:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 23, 2012, 10:13:49 PM
Marcz has a pretty fair point with the, "cheat or be cheated"

Cycling is basically at that point right now.

You're either a Contador/Armstrong, who gets glory far beyond others.

Or you're a Cadel Evans, you work-rate is unquestioned but in the end you'll still get cheated on the day.

That's the reality that pro cyclists face. Potentially you could otherwise face not having a career at all. There's a lot of money up for grabs if you can perform and hence there is a great pressure point on whether to cheat or not.

I still respect Armstrong for his charity work and I guess I still see him as a battler regardless of whether he cheated
It will eventually be revealed that Evans is also a drug user...

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 23, 2012, 11:30:29 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 23, 2012, 10:13:49 PM
Marcz has a pretty fair point with the, "cheat or be cheated"

Cycling is basically at that point right now.

You're either a Contador/Armstrong, who gets glory far beyond others.

Or you're a Cadel Evans, you work-rate is unquestioned but in the end you'll still get cheated on the day.

That's the reality that pro cyclists face. Potentially you could otherwise face not having a career at all. There's a lot of money up for grabs if you can perform and hence there is a great pressure point on whether to cheat or not.

I still respect Armstrong for his charity work and I guess I still see him as a battler regardless of whether he cheated
??? u seem certain CF, hunch or some sneaky inside tip?

Fletch74

Quote from: tabs on October 24, 2012, 01:40:30 PM
now his sponsors are on the attack as they paid him bonuses

http://www.news.com.au/sport/more-sport/insurer-chases-lance-armstrong-for-million-dollar-bonuses-as-sponsors-desert-him/story-fndukor0-1226501261967
This is where he'll be up on perjury charges... If you saw the Four Corners report Monday week ago, you will see that he lied under oath in regards to these insurers who paid him these bonuses.

Quote from: Marcz on October 24, 2012, 12:11:29 AM
What makes you think that CF. I'm sure not everyone in cycling is on drugs, and this man is clean IMO.

Capper

Im with CF, it will be interesting to see if any one isnt a drug user. All these tests that they have passed, obviously more investment has been with the dugs rather than the drug tests.

Mailman the 2nd

CrowsFan

Quote from: Fletch74 on October 24, 2012, 02:35:22 PM
Quote from: Marcz on October 24, 2012, 12:11:29 AM
What makes you think that CF. I'm sure not everyone in cycling is on drugs, and this man is clean IMO.
Not certain, but more the fact that everyone who has won the tour in the last decade or so has been on drugs to do it, so why would Evans be the only exception to that? He was racing in a field with others on drugs so surely he needed them as well. As you said fletch not everyone is on drugs, but none of them ever win anything ;)
The sport has become extremely corrupt, which is a real shame since I used to really love watching the cycling...

Mailman the 2nd

There was an article in the Sydney Morning Herald on the people being tainted in the last 10-15 years from places 1st, 2nd and 3rd

I think there was like 10 out of 45 left that hadn't been found doing anything illegal (paraphrasing here)

Capper

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 24, 2012, 04:39:01 PM
There was an article in the Sydney Morning Herald on the people being tainted in the last 10-15 years from places 1st, 2nd and 3rd

I think there was like 10 out of 45 left that hadn't been found doing anything illegal (paraphrasing here)
and they were mostly Cadel or Schleck

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: tabs on October 24, 2012, 04:54:40 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 24, 2012, 04:39:01 PM

and they were mostly Cadel or Schleck

Frank Schleck has been suspended for doping already

Andy Schleck and Cadel haven't been caught as of yet

Windigo

Our P.E teacher was talking about what 'drug' he was using.

Technically it's not a drug. It's an illegal ergogenic aid.  ;)

What he allegedly does was to take out around 500 ml of his blood and then refrigerate it. Let the blood come back with the heart replenishing it. Then inject the blood back into himself.

Bam, you now have more red blood cells. Thus a bigger aerobic capacity.

It's kind of like altitude training.  :P

Grazz

Quote from: Windigo on October 24, 2012, 11:18:08 PM

What he allegedly does was to take out around 500 ml of his blood and then refrigerate it. Let the blood come back with the heart replenishing it. Then inject the blood back into himself.

This to is rife in cycling from the interviews ive seen, whats more worrying is leading scientists around the world all say this is practically impossible to detect let alone stop. The interview i saw said that they would remove a litre of blood and as you said windi let the body replenish itself naturally then just before a comp reinject it thus giving them X amount of red blood sells more than anyone else and a distinctive advantage.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Grazz on October 25, 2012, 12:07:45 AM

This to is rife in cycling from the interviews ive seen, whats more worrying is leading scientists around the world all say this is practically impossible to detect let alone stop. The interview i saw said that they would remove a litre of blood and as you said windi let the body replenish itself naturally then just before a comp reinject it thus giving them X amount of red blood sells more than anyone else and a distinctive advantage.
or essentially leveling the already wonky playing field :P if everyone is doing it then the guys who won, would have won anyway if the sport was actually clean, cant say im entirely surprised, sports science is always pushing the boundaries

Windigo

Quote from: Grazz on October 25, 2012, 12:07:45 AM

Yeah, that's how Lance got away with it for so long.