Brendan Fevola --> Collingwood Magpies

Started by Jay, August 24, 2012, 01:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

NOT SAYING THIS IS FACT- HOWEVER IT IS WORTH DISCUSSION

link: http://www.facebook.com/scpaige2012

"Collingwood has reportedly employed a full time personal trainer and boxing coach for Brenden Fevola and has plans to draft him in the upcoming rookie draft.

Collingwood has reportedly committed to the ex Carlton star, however provided he complies with Collingwoods fitness program and behavior code between now and November will hinge on his chances of revitalizing his career with the magpies.

With Speculaton that Travis Cloke may leave
the club, and surrounding form of Chris Dawes, Collingwood will rookie list Brenden Fevola on a base wage of $40,000 per year, plus player bonuses should he play senior games.

At worst, Brenden Fevola would put pressure on the Cloke and Dawes combination who currently are maintaining their positions because there is nobody else to come in for them in the senior Collingwood side.

Collingwood have taken a no frills approach by adding a get out claus should Fev slip up. It will be a 1 year rookie contract with the possibility of extension at the end of the 2013 season pending performance and behavior."

Shaggy

I'd be happy with it if he actually followed through with it properly.

Holz

I have no clue why they wouldn't try something like this. Its not like they are short of money and worst case scenario is they waste abit of money.

Clubs should have done this a year ago. Probably isnt true though. I think clubs missed out on a big oppurunity.

Spinking

While he has been tearing it up in the O&M league, I doubt he can come back and have a major impact at top flight level. Having said that I think there is little risk, and a huge upside if they can pull it off.

Kellogscrunchynut

$40,000 a week is a small price considering all the tickets that will be sold if he returns.

Ziplock

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on August 25, 2012, 01:29:06 AM
$40,000 a week is a small price considering all the tickets that will be sold if he returns.
year mate not week :P

yeah, he could be really valuable.

Colliwobblers

i would take fev over cloke any day of the week.

collingwood who cop so much crap, at least have strict player disciple regimes in place, if any team in the AFL can resurect fevs career and keep him on the straight and narrow it is the Pies, and if they cant well what is lost,

A LOT LESS MONEY than is lost by keeping the CHOKE SPUD.

that said if we did get fev and he did continue to go off the rails i would want him sacked in a heartbeat, the clubs reputation is much more important than its win loss ratio.

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: Ziplock on August 25, 2012, 01:42:42 AM

Gah what a typo.

Holz

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on August 25, 2012, 01:57:30 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on August 25, 2012, 01:42:42 AM

Gah what a typo.

2 mil a year is abit steep lez.

Nails

Quote from: Colliwobblers on August 25, 2012, 01:54:57 AM
i would take fev over cloke any day of the week.

collingwood who cop so much crap, at least have strict player disciple regimes in place, if any team in the AFL can resurect fevs career and keep him on the straight and narrow it is the Pies, and if they cant well what is lost,

A LOT LESS MONEY than is lost by keeping the CHOKE SPUD.

that said if we did get fev and he did continue to go off the rails i would want him sacked in a heartbeat, the clubs reputation is much more important than its win loss ratio.

If you disregard money I'd prefer Cloke, especially looking forward...

Obviously money comes into it... However Cloke is 25 and as a KPP has a bit of improving to go still, potentially... Therefore could be a huge gun next few years.

Fev is 31 and past his best, will be 32 for the start of the next season. Though $40,000 is clearly a bargain.

Colliwobblers

we have dawes who is 2-3 years off yet if he EVER gets to the level required of a key forward.

we have jolly who is almost finished, wood who will fill the gap until our 2 young rucks are good enough to play, either who is anywhere near there yet, but i guess at least one of them could play next season if required.

we have only VERY young potential key forwards.

we need a key fwd if cloke goes. and we need a ready to go one.

even if cloke doesn't go we are not in the enviable position a club like Carlton or WCE are where they have talls that could come in at any time as they have a surplus of them, so much so good players are not playing AFL on their lists.

especially Carlton

i don't think cloke is worth keeping, not sure what his relationships are like now around the club, but it was clear Beams had a shot at him in his press conference after signing, maybe no one likes cloke or what this greed has done to his form and the mood at the club..

who knows just speculating but maybe even if we do sign him no one will kick the ball to him anyway :)

Torpedo10

This seems like a sign Cloke is leaving.

Cruiseon

After Carlton's result tonight against GC I heard they have put a formal offer on the table to bring back Fev as Captain/Coach !