Best way to improve?

Started by poolboybob, August 24, 2012, 02:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poolboybob

Not sure where to go - have 2 trades and this is my team:

DEF: Deledio, Goddard, Suckling, Malceski, Lake, S. Shaw, Carrazzo (Smedts, Ellis)
MID: Ablett, JP Kennedy, Dal Santo, Priddis, Murphy, J Selwood (Gibson, Pfeiffer)
RUC: Goldstein, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)
FWD: Dangerfield, Beams, Pavlich, Sidebutt, Harvey, D Martin, Zorko (M Robinson, Dickson)

Problems: Underachieving defense (Suckling, Lake especially); J Selwood out. Would also love to add Stevie J given his recent form, plus my opponent this week has him.

Opponent's team:
DEF: Deledio, Goddard, H Shaw, Lake, Dempsey, Geary, Carrazzo (Ellis, C Delaney)
MID: Ablett, JP Kennedy, Swan, Swallow, Gibbs, Kerr (Horsley, T Mitchell)
RUC: Cox, Giles (Kreuzer, Campbell)
FWD: Beams, Petrie, Stevie J, Buddy, Zorko, D Smith, Smedts (J Elliott, T Smith)

1. How likely am I to win with no changes? (obviously starting Gibson in J Selwood's place)
2. If I make changes, do I dump Selwood for another MID? Keep Selwood for next week (probably just going to miss this week?), start Gibson in his place and upgrade elsewhere? Wish I could trade out Robinson for Stevie J but only have $25k in the bank, which isn't enough. Dump Robinson for some other FWD and upgrade Lake to, say, Scotland? Not sure which way to go to maximize my score this week.

Right now leaning toward:
J Selwood out, Jack Redden in - Redden in good form and faces bad teams the next two weeks.
D Martin out, Stevie J in - again, Stevie J in great form.

Any advice is much appreciated!  :)

FonFatty

I would not touch your defence, leave it as it is, the only trade that I would look at is Robinson > Stevie J and Selwood > S Thompson.
Stevie J should go bezerk this week and Scotty T will have the ball on a string in his next 2.
Will get you over the line I would think.

akbal

Cox will be all over wood, I would grab him for Giles, too risky otherwise IMO

kilbluff1985

i would consider downgrading Robbo to a rookie or someone around 200k who is playing this week then you can go Smedts to Scotland who is playing GC this week and play him instead of Lake or Shaw

nobody knows if Robbo is playing next week and this means you would have Dickson as cover and the rookie like maybe O"Brien from Essendon

will mean you will have to play Gibson but he is good for a ton the points will be made up by Scotland vs GC

i just noticed Smedts is named on an extended bench might be better to upgrade Ellis who is not playing

no_idea

Selwwod to S. Thompson

Robinson to Stevei J

The Bomber

Quote from: FonFatty on August 24, 2012, 03:54:49 AM
I would not touch your defence, leave it as it is, the only trade that I would look at is Robinson > Stevie J and Selwood > S Thompson.
Stevie J should go bezerk this week and Scotty T will have the ball on a string in his next 2.
Will get you over the line I would think.

+1