Early team comparrison.

Started by dmac07, August 23, 2012, 11:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmac07

Just looking through my match up for my prelim this week. Trying to decide where to make the best use of my trades, I have 3 trades left and 50k in the bank and I know my opponent has just the 1 trade. Is my best option for improvement to just to trade Gibson out for a rookie and upgrade cloke to Beams, taking out that one major mismatch? It does mean I have to gamble on having Baguly and whoever I trade Gibson for as my backup options in the mids the last two weeks.

Me                  vs                 Him
Enright                              M. Johnson
H.Shaw                             Carrazzo
Lake                                  S.Shaw
Thompson (Ade)               Priddis
Murphy                             Rockliff 
Nic Nat                              Goldstien
S. Jonhson                       Chapman
Lewis                                Franklin
Martin                               Goodes
Cloke                                Beams

Elite87

Its going to be close mate.. IMO your only weak link is Cloke. Also, not having Beamsy in your side may be costly at this time of the year.. see if you can make a bench downgrade and then up grade Cloke to possibly Beamsy if can afford him, if you cant look at ppl like ROK, Petrie, Roughy (assuming you dont have any of these guys)...

ubeaut

Quote from: Elite87 on August 23, 2012, 11:52:08 AM
Its going to be close mate.. IMO your only weak link is Cloke. Also, not having Beamsy in your side may be costly at this time of the year.. see if you can make a bench downgrade and then up grade Cloke to possibly Beamsy if can afford him, if you cant look at ppl like ROK, Petrie, Roughy (assuming you dont have any of these guys)...
+ 1 get rid of Travis Joke. Plays WC. MAY score ok vs Bombers next round but I wouldn't hold ur breath. Plus its no good having him next week if u don't win this one ! Getting Beams will only cancel out his Beams. Would be good to find someone who will score higher. (hard to do I know)

roo boys!

I reckon cancelling out Beams is the best thing you can do as IMO you beat him in most other matchups except for the Beams vs Cloke one, and maybe Martin vs Goodes (but not by much)

It's a shame you have to get rid of Gibson, any other possible bench players that would still allow you to go Cloke -> Beams?

The Bomber

Quote from: roo boys! on August 23, 2012, 06:10:13 PM
I reckon cancelling out Beams is the best thing you can do as IMO you beat him in most other matchups except for the Beams vs Cloke one, and maybe Martin vs Goodes (but not by much)

It's a shame you have to get rid of Gibson, any other possible bench players that would still allow you to go Cloke -> Beams?

+1

You win every battle except the last 3. And the last one is a shocker and will more than likely cost you the game if you lose...