Main Menu

Ziplock was right

Started by ossie85, August 23, 2012, 09:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Agree with Spinking here as well. 

I now have a team in Worlds and British.  Do not have any assistants with my British Team at the moment but would be more than happy to take on a new Coach as assistant for next year and if they show real interest right through would happily turn this team over to them.  If we adopt policy may not get the issues we have had with coaches having to be replaced.

Think that if we want additional teams needs to be approved by mods to allow in forum. just a thought as 4 imo is more than enough.  Asians are running a 16 team maybe due to not being able to find the additional 2 coaches.

Just need to confirm seriousness of other coaches.

Holz

If possible ossie its a great idea, I was having real trouble doing the euro count trying to find all my pages. I would happily give up a team if more people want to join in and are serious.

monstrum

if they won't make new boards for u why don't u guys just make a directory thread for ur league and bookmark that thread, then every thread u want is 2 clicks away.

or u could make a directory on ur team page for all the relevant threads u need and bookmark ur team thread.

Maca24

I'd be happy to take on Assistants with Malaysia.
And I'd hand over the reins if I thought they were going to be active enough :P

c4v3m4n

Hey y'all.

I have run an idea past ossie about the future of each 15s competition and I'll post it up shortly.

It is quite controversial especially for those involved in the World 15s, but believe its the best way forward.

Nails

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 23, 2012, 02:54:30 PM
How can there be another competition? Isn't there only 4 different scoring systems?

I would really dislike having another SC or DT comp, or even the other two.

Go look at a player page

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/players/profile.php?firstname=Jonathan&surname=Brown

6 listed scoring methods there and we're not even using all of them.

Quote from: Maca24 on August 23, 2012, 03:02:12 PM
Surely they wont do any other 15s!!!!!  :-X
4 is plenty and if people are wanting to get involved then they can become assistants or maybe people with duplicate teams can give one away.

There'll be hundreds, if not thousands of extra people signed up before 2014 season, a lot of which might want to get in on some XVs action.

I don't want to hand over my babies, besides PB and I are looking forward to winning all 4 grand finals next year.

PowerBug

Quote from: Spinking on August 23, 2012, 03:10:20 PM
Perhaps rather than have to introduce new league when new folks join the site Coaches with multiple teams could pass on either full or part control of their team.  I've got teams in both AXV and BXV but plan to pass one on eventually when someone new puts their hand up.  Obviously we want people who will continue to be active ongoing, so I'd be looking for that person to be a co-coach for a couple of seasons - Malthouse / Buckley style.
Personally, i don't like the idea of coaching a team solely for a "new" coach to take over coz he/she wants to. :-\

Leave it how it is imo.

Colliwobblers

separate boards are essential, but i will wait for the fated post from C4 and see how that goes down first and what is to come of it and the future of the XV's competitions going forward.

Nails

Quote from: PowerBug on August 23, 2012, 04:31:06 PM
Perhaps rather than have to introduce new league when new folks join the site Coaches with multiple teams could pass on either full or part control of their team.  I've got teams in both AXV and BXV but plan to pass one on eventually when someone new puts their hand up.  Obviously we want people who will continue to be active ongoing, so I'd be looking for that person to be a co-coach for a couple of seasons - Malthouse / Buckley style.
Personally, i don't like the idea of coaching a team solely for a "new" coach to take over coz he/she wants to. :-\

Leave it how it is imo.

Yeah +1 co-coach.

I don't want to spend hours every week on our 4 teams just to give them up. Especially in British where a lot of teams have recruited young guns so their teams will bet awesome in 3-4 years...

It's like you've recruited so your team will be a team full of future stars, but you give it up before it reaches its full potential, no thanks.

Holz

Quote from: Nails on August 23, 2012, 04:33:07 PM

Leave it how it is imo.

Yeah +1 co-coach.

I don't want to spend hours every week on my 4 teams just to give them up. Especially in British where a lot of teams have recruited young guns so their teams will bet awesome in 3-4 years...

It's like you've recruited so your team will be a team full of future stars, but you give it up before it reaches its full potential, no thanks.

It shouldnt be mandatory, but if you want to give away your team  to a coach you feel deserves a team and will look after it there is no harm in that.

Maca24

I'm not saying you and PB have to give your teams away but maybe you should look at sharing the fun maybe?
Like you have 4 teams between you, could probably give up atleast 1 of those down the track?

PowerBug

Quote from: Holzman on August 23, 2012, 04:34:53 PM
Quote from: Nails on August 23, 2012, 04:33:07 PM

Leave it how it is imo.

Yeah +1 co-coach.

I don't want to spend hours every week on my 4 teams just to give them up. Especially in British where a lot of teams have recruited young guns so their teams will bet awesome in 3-4 years...

It shouldnt be mandatory, but if you want to give away your team  to a coach you feel deserves a team and will look after it there is no harm in that.
Yeah, that's fine, though no-one should be forced to give up their spot unless they've been constantly dis-obeying the coaching rules. :)

Back on topic, i like what ossie has suggested here.
Quote from: ossie85 on August 23, 2012, 02:51:26 PM
Other AFL Comps
----> XVs Competitions
--------> World XVs
--------> Europe XVs
--------> British XVs
--------> Asia XVs

Any new compeitions just go under "XVs Competition" and don't get a child board until they've run 1 season successfully?
I assume that means that British and Asian 15s will go under the same board next year, with Euros and Worlds inside them? :)

Quote from: Maca24 on August 23, 2012, 04:40:48 PM
I'm not saying you and PB have to give your teams away but maybe you should look at sharing the fun maybe?
Like you have 4 teams between you, could probably give up atleast 1 of those down the track?
I started a Worlds side, picked up the final spot available there. Considering i never played SC i knew that it was gonna be difficult for me to do well. :) Dreamteam was my game, so i got myself a spot there, as i (believed) i knew more and would perform better.

Nails created a British team, i was highly against starting a British comp at the start. Then we joined forces in British, and into the the other 2 comps aswell. We weren't going to have a team in Asian's coz all 14 spots were taken, so we did nothing, then there was enough interest to extend it to 16 so we requested for a spot.

So yep. :)

Nails

Quite a few coaches have 2 teams...

So if you look at it this way... those two coaches have 100% control x2 = 200%

I have 50% control of 4 teams = 200%

So really PB and I have 2 teams each once you even it out, therefore not as excessive as it seems when you say we have 4 teams, kind of thing.

tbagrocks

so have then can you two agree so we can draft already :P

Spinking

Quote from: Holzman on August 23, 2012, 04:34:53 PM

Totally agree. Must be personal choice of whether you want to hand over or not.

I also think we dont want to lose all the experience and 'colour' of our experienced coaches from each comp.

Just think we need to find a way to bring people into the comps without having to start more and more new ones.