POD Comparison

Started by roo boys!, August 22, 2012, 10:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

Not sure whether to use up my two trades this round or not, the team I'm playing score quite similarly to me most weeks and the last and only time we played this season he beat me by 5 points due mainly to Yarran scoring about 50 above his average at the time, which prompted me to pick him up so that it didn't happen again the next time I played him. So here are our POD players, if you could tell me if I'm safe and save trades for the granny or just go for it in the attempt to make up some ground it would be greatly appreciated.

At the moment we have 12 PODs, considering trading Lake and/or Chappy. Dustin Martin who's currently on the bench may be traded also.

Me         vs      Him
Birchall            Hurn
Carrazzo           Davis
Lake*              Dempsey
Swan              Watson
Pendles           JPK
JSelwood         S.Selwood
Thompson (ADE)  Cotchin
Priddis             Boyd
Maric               NicNat
Jacobs             Buddy
Chappy*          JRoo
Goodes            Tippett

tor01doc

Have to trade.

Lake could really stink it up this week.

The General is heading towards Adelaide so Thompson is a worry IMO.

His POD's are far less predictable so if JRoo, NicNat, Tippett and Boyd go big, you could regret not maximising your output.

batt

In my opinion you're 70% safe.  Whether you think the 2 trades are worth an extra 10% or so is up to you.

roo boys!

Yeah one trade I am considering is Lake -> Hurn which would cancel out another POD where I can go wrong. That would leave me with one trade for the granny if I get through.

If Thompson is out I can cover him with either Martin or Gibson so shouldn't lose enough points to make it trade worthy.

tor01doc

roo boys!

Hurn, would need a double trade to get Waters.

ubeaut

Yeah ur weakest link is Lake. I'd use 1 trade on him then have 1 for GF.

roo boys!

Well the best I could get for Lake with one trade would be anyone from Dale Morris down, most notable names are:

Hurn (would cancel out his POD)
Pearce Hanley
Michael Johnson (really dropped off)
Gram

I think Hurn at this stage...thoughts?

tor01doc

dmac07

Quote from: roo boys! on August 22, 2012, 10:04:53 PM
Not sure whether to use up my two trades this round or not, the team I'm playing score quite similarly to me most weeks and the last and only time we played this season he beat me by 5 points due mainly to Yarran scoring about 50 above his average at the time, which prompted me to pick him up so that it didn't happen again the next time I played him. So here are our POD players, if you could tell me if I'm safe and save trades for the granny or just go for it in the attempt to make up some ground it would be greatly appreciated.

At the moment we have 12 PODs, considering trading Lake and/or Chappy. Dustin Martin who's currently on the bench may be traded also.

Me         vs      Him
Birchall 90-110            Hurn  75-100                       
Carrazzo90-110           Davis 50-80                    (phil davis?)
Lake*  60-95                Dempsey  75-100                   
Swan   120-150           Watson  120-150                     
Pendles  120-150         JPK  90-130                         
JSelwood 110-130        S.Selwood  75-100               
Thompson 100-120       Cotchin 110-140           
Priddis        90-120     Boyd 80-120                     
Maric          90-120     NicNat 90-120                 
Jacobs       100-120      Buddy 70-130                     
Chappy*     70-110     JRoo 50-110                     
Goodes        80-120    Tippett 70-120                       

I have your POD scoring 1120-1455 and his 955-1400. You should win this 3 weeks out of 4, but all it takes is one amazing, or one poor game to derail that.

He has a few more options that could score massivelly up or down, but I think he would at least 3 out of Buddy, Jroo, Tippet and Boyd to fire, and its more than likely one, if not two of them may throw in a score of 60 or 70.

roo boys!

Thanks dmac. Yeah it's Phil Davis, pretty interesting pick tbh.

Hoping that Buddy gets subbed off as a precautionary thing, not sure how likely it is but I can dream.

Last time I played this guy, like I said I lost by 5 points and just about all his POD's fired so I should hopefully be alright.

I spoke to him today though and he revealed he had used his last remaining trade on Cyril who I didn't factor into this so whoever he has to replace Rioli will replace probably Tippett in that which makes it a bit closer. Reckon I'll go ahead and do the Hurn trade and save one for the granny and hope for the best!