Buddy to keep or trade?

Started by Madmax75, August 22, 2012, 04:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you keep or trade Buddy?

Keep
Trade

bartyboys

at this point of season, any playing premium is a bonus. if hes in this week, definately on field . my last trade will go elsewhere

Madmax75

I think it comes down to whether you think you can win your prelim or need maybe a big score from buddy but risk a low score from him. If you think you can with just a solid 85 to 100 then trading him to SJ is a good move. This is also a blocking move for me and low risk therefore. I guess I'll just have to wait to find out that Danger and Thompson are rested.

ubeaut

Quote from: Madmax75 on August 23, 2012, 04:53:23 PM
I think it comes down to whether you think you can win your prelim or need maybe a big score from buddy but risk a low score from him. If you think you can with just a solid 85 to 100 then trading him to SJ is a good move. This is also a blocking move for me and low risk therefore. I guess I'll just have to wait to find out that Danger and Thompson are rested.
U make good points and it will be slightly different for everyone. I  wish teams came out on a Tuesday arvo like in the NRL. It would give us more valuable time to plan trades. Instead of this mad rush Thursday night/Friday morning stuff. Alot depends on H.Shaw,Pav,Thompson,Treloar etc. etc.

t.thomas6

I wasn't comparing them as players. I was comparing them by rumour.

Ablett was said to be out a lot longer than he was and wasn't. Buddy has been, but I hope that since I've made it this far without trading him and him coming in this week can only be a positive.

He's definitely not in Gaz's league. No one really is. But I think he's one you really have to keep around. This year has shown that (more so than other years).

But it is true we don't know how he'll come back after the layoff. That's 50/50 really...

Other than that, good points fellas :)