Buddy to keep or trade?

Started by Madmax75, August 22, 2012, 04:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you keep or trade Buddy?

Keep
Trade

Madmax75

I’ve held Buddy for six weeks and have 4 trades left. None of the other teams left in the prelims have him but should I trade him. If so who for? No cash really in the bank so bring in two forwards for Buddy and Cloke or downgrade Kreuzer or Giles to a 94 ruck and upgrade Cloke? Then Dickson is the backup if Buddy doesnt play but the risk of Buddy scoring a 50 or being subbed…..decisions . Any thoughts most appreciated.

B Goddard. Deledio Waters Carrazzo Scotland Grimes Lake S Shaw Spurr
C Ablett Pendles Watson Thompson Priddis J Selwood Gibson Baguley
R Cox Kreuzer Giles Stephenson
F Beams Danger Sidebottom Franklin Martin Zorko Cloke Dickson Couch

Elite87

Keep him. You have waited this long, and deserve the massive ton hes about to pull off (i keep telling me self).. but he has bounced back well after breaks so should do well.. if he plays :)

Madmax75

So which two moves ? Spurr to a 94 k defender or one on the bubble and Dickson or Cloke to Okeefe or Stevie J?

Elite87

I suggest Spurr to Blee (or any other 94k defender, probably wont matter as he wont come into play.. with S.Shaw doing so well).. and then Cloke to Stevie J.. or ROK if you prefer.. but im liking SJ at the moment.. thats just IMO

Madmax75

Sounds like a good plan and I am leaning towards SJ too. If buddy is not named then he would have to be traded?

roo boys!

It he's not named then certainly trade, yeah. But he should be picked, you'd think. I hope not though!!

Madmax75

If hes not named and I do trade him then which two trades do I make Buddy/Cloke out for Stevie J and Goodes? Would have 971 400 to spend with those two out. Dont quite trust Goodes as hes been inconsistent. Doesnt really give me too many options unless I switch couch to mids and trade Gibson but hes backup gold atm....hmmm

Madmax75

The Gibson option would allow Buddy/Gibson out for S.J and Harvey/Roughead but not sure thats worth it.

roo boys!

I think you gotta keep Gibson at this stage, scoring like a jet.

Stevie J and Goodes sounds good.

bartyboys

hindsight?? or just a rule for how we play fantasy footy. Had we all traded him and had trades to get him back in , we would have been right. Next year im playing differently

The Bomber

Quote from: bartyboys on August 23, 2012, 10:04:56 AM
hindsight?? or just a rule for how we play fantasy footy. Had we all traded him and had trades to get him back in , we would have been right. Next year im playing differently

I know what you mean. I started the year all like hold the trades they will come handy etc etc. Now screw it go with your gut.

enzedder

Trade him. He's probably attending the paralympics this weekend or having an abnormal growth cut from his left armpit or something.
Seriously though I'd entertain the thought of trading him if you have one to burn. He hasn't played for so long he's a low scoring risk.

t.thomas6

Buddy...will...play...this...week.
Therefore it is a no-brainer...KEEP HIM (like I have)

Did the same with Ablett when many gave him the boot and it was WELL worth it.

ubeaut

Quote from: t.thomas6 on August 23, 2012, 03:39:15 PM

Yes he will play. But how well? GAJ is a different kettle of fish. For a start he's GAJ. 2nd, he's a midfielder. 3rd, he was only out for 2  weeks.

Buddy could go huge (he scored 140+ last year) or not.

He will be a POD for many teams. Both my opponents don't have him. Risky to play him but even more of a risk to leave him out.

The Bomber

Quote from: t.thomas6 on August 23, 2012, 03:39:15 PM

You cannot compare Franklin to Ablett...

Secondly Ablett wasn't out for six weeks. Tough to come back from that sortnof lay off and expect to start again from where you left off... If you can trade him...

Gaj is a leg, buddy not quite there yet (sc wise)