Main Menu

How to pop the question?

Started by quinny88, August 22, 2012, 01:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Quote from: Nails on September 06, 2012, 02:41:40 PM
She spent the night ringing everyone whilst you watched TV...

I can see why you chose her :P

Sounds like she's a good sort.  Congrats Quinny.

Haha well I was happy to just post a facebook status and let everyone know at once ;)

quinny88

And thanks very much everyone :)
Couldnt be happier!

ossie85

Grazz

Fantastic well done, congratulations and a lifetime of happiness health and prosperity to you both.
Great idea doing it earlier the weather wouldn't of been great last night in Victoria i imagine.

Jay

Torpedo10

Quote from: quinny88 on September 06, 2012, 12:11:52 PM
Haha alright guys I better put the speculation to rest. She said YES! And it went perfectly :)
I actually pushed my plans forward and proposed on Monday night. The weather was too good to pass up.
Ill give you a little run down on how things went..

Sunday night I had left her a note to tell her to pack an overnight bag and that I was taking her to stay at a lakeside cottage in the Dandenong mountains. Excited enough about this she started to hint to me that perhaps I was planning a proposal,  but I quickly made out as if it was nothing more than a night away to have a bit of a break and enjoy ourselves and that we could go pick an engagement ring in the coming months and I would propose to her in the not to distant future. This threw her off the idea completely ;)
Monday we went on the puffing billy, paddle boating, had a picnic and then went out for dinner at sky high resteraunt which for those that dont know, its at the very top of the Dandenong mountains and has an amazing view over the Dandenongs and  Melbourne city.

Then the proposal! As we got back to the Cottage we were staying in I parked the car and put a blindfold over her eyes and led her outside to a wishing well that was in the garden outside of our cottage . My nerves had well and truly kicked in and I walked her into a few things before finally getting her into position standing in front of the well. I then removed the blindfold which revealed a huge 2 meter banner hanging across the well with 'will you marry me?' written in glow in the dark paint on it. Her immediate reaction was, hands over mouth, tears flowing and barely able to get a word out. Genuinely surprised and overwhelmed which is what I wanted so that was a success :) I then proceeded to remove the ring from my pocket, drop down to one knee and ask her again formally which she managed to compose herself for long enough to say yes haha. Then there was 5 minutes of kissing, hugging, staring at the ring and me revealing how my master plan came together (my parents had come and hung the banner while we were out for dinner) Then she spent the next hour on the phone telling her friends and family the news while I watched TV :P

So im now very happily engaged, still trying to get used to introducing each other as "fiancé" and deffinetly looking forward to eventually tieing the knot and spending the rest of our lives together :)
Congratulations quinny!!! I've been to the Sky High Restaurant a few times and it's a great place to be with a beautiful view. Coincidentally I had plans to go to the sky high restaurant on that monday but ended up not going  :-\ Next time you go should go to the maze below the restaurant.  ;)

henry

Congratulations mate! ;D. I hope this is just the start of your long and happy marriage together.

Master Q

Fireballz

That's awesome quinny congrats mate! I got married earlier this year and it's been great so I'm sure you will find it to be the same :)

elephants

Justin Bieber

quinny88

Thanks very much guys :)
I must admit, ive barely taken the smile off my face

Nails

Quote from: quinny88 on September 07, 2012, 11:15:17 AM
Thanks very much guys :)
I must admit, ive barely taken the smile off my face

The TV has been that funny?

nas