Main Menu

Your first job

Started by Spinking, August 21, 2012, 11:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinking

Having a cracker of a chat with Koop about first jobs... Reckon most folks would have a good story about the first time they went to work...

I first worked at the Cheesecake shop when I was 15. 12 hours per week at $4.50 an hour  :o

Used to get to take home the cakes that didn't work out. Remember one day taking home 15 busted up mud cakes in a big white bucket. Feel nauseous now just thinking about the big mud cake feast I had that night  ;D

KoopKicka

Haha, my first job is my current one, the MIGHTY WOK IN A BOX! ;D I swear Im the only non-Asian working at a wok-in-a-box shop ANYWHERE, I get stares from all the asian customers, but I get free lunch on Saturdays, so its all good :)

10 hours a week (6 on a Sunday Morning, 1 each weeknight except tonight) @ 9.70 an hour. Not as much as Id like, but Im working with my best mate :)

Maca24

Mine is my current job at Foodworks Supermarket as mainly a Shelf Stacker but also a Checkout Chick. Ive realised that working at a supermarket is more complicated than most people think! I earn 12.40 on weekdays and 18 on weekends  :P

CrowsFan

Pizza delivery driver. 15 months later was running the store ;)

MajorLazer

My first and current job working at a family friend's restaurant. Earn $15 an hour plus tips which is sweet. Also get a free meal and free drinks during the night.

Spite

My first proper job was reviewing Nintendo Wii games for the Herald Sun. Let's just say that the "I'm working!" line, when playing video games, was the greatest feeling ever.

Zombie2.5

Quote from: Spite on August 22, 2012, 12:50:22 AM
My first proper job was reviewing Nintendo Wii games for the Herald Sun. Let's just say that the "I'm working!" line, when playing video games, was the greatest feeling ever.
Nice!

Spinking

What a rockin job! Were they paying you to do that?

quinny88

I work in wardrobe at Victoria's Secret catwalk shows
Its a tough gig helping Miranda Kerr, Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio get changed. But someone has to do it  ;D

No... im really factory labourer  :'(

Holz

if you dont count the one day i worked in a facotry, my first job is my current job doing the stats at the football on the weekend. Not bad getting paid to watch football.

Fireballz

Spite

Quote from: Spinking on August 22, 2012, 01:01:48 AM

What a rockin job! Were they paying you to do that?

I got all the gear and games free, my name in the Herald Sun every week under my review, but unfortunately I didn't get paid in cash. It didn't matter too much to me though, at that stage I was just spending my money on video games but with the job I had so many I could trade in some to get any game I wanted. Still have like 40+ wii games packed away in a box somewhere haha

I even sometimes had to sign a N.D.A because I was reviewing games that hadn't hit Australia yet :D

I knew the story line of Kung Fu Panda about 2-3 weeks before the movie premier ;)

I did it for just under 2 years I think, it also looks awesome on my resume :)

T Dog

Started a post VCE job in a hospital laundry back in the mid 70's. First fortnightly pay cheque of $78.00 for 80 hrs work and remember thinking how good I was going... :o

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: KoopKicka on August 21, 2012, 11:54:59 PM
Haha, my first job is my current one, the MIGHTY WOK IN A BOX! ;D I swear Im the only non-Asian working at a wok-in-a-box shop ANYWHERE, I get stares from all the asian customers, but I get free lunch on Saturdays, so its all good :)

10 hours a week (6 on a Sunday Morning, 1 each weeknight except tonight) @ 9.70 an hour. Not as much as Id like, but Im working with my best mate :)

Screw working a one hour shift that would suck.

My first job was nightfill at big w, good times.

Hawka

First and current job
Working at Rivers haha