Main Menu

Your first job

Started by Spinking, August 21, 2012, 11:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 22, 2012, 11:33:36 AM
Quote from: KoopKicka on August 21, 2012, 11:54:59 PM
Haha, my first job is my current one, the MIGHTY WOK IN A BOX! ;D I swear Im the only non-Asian working at a wok-in-a-box shop ANYWHERE, I get stares from all the asian customers, but I get free lunch on Saturdays, so its all good :)

10 hours a week (6 on a Sunday Morning, 1 each weeknight except tonight) @ 9.70 an hour. Not as much as Id like, but Im working with my best mate :)

Screw working a one hour shift that would suck.

My first job was nightfill at big w, good times.
Is it even legal to schedule people on for 1 hour shifts? I thought they had to work at least 2 hours per shift...

KoopKicka

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 22, 2012, 12:14:59 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 22, 2012, 11:33:36 AM
Quote from: KoopKicka on August 21, 2012, 11:54:59 PM
Haha, my first job is my current one, the MIGHTY WOK IN A BOX! ;D I swear Im the only non-Asian working at a wok-in-a-box shop ANYWHERE, I get stares from all the asian customers, but I get free lunch on Saturdays, so its all good :)

10 hours a week (6 on a Sunday Morning, 1 each weeknight except tonight) @ 9.70 an hour. Not as much as Id like, but Im working with my best mate :)

Screw working a one hour shift that would suck.

My first job was nightfill at big w, good times.
Is it even legal to schedule people on for 1 hour shifts? I thought they had to work at least 2 hours per shift...

Meh, I dunno, but I work for Asians, so all the rules are bent. :P

fidou

In 1979 a Food Wholesale firm wanted to go computerized and got me for $60 a week. Back up disc's were as big as my cars wheels and the program ran off a magnetic spiel. My rent was $35, petrol for my Torana was $5 and I took $5 out on Saturday night and blew it on 20c beers!!!!

Windigo

Working at a bakery....Then got fired a month later.  :P

Probably for sticking my finger in some guys coffee.  8)

Justin Bieber

Hungry Jacks at like 14... :X

Hawka

Quote from: Windigo on August 22, 2012, 05:22:34 PM
Working at a bakery....Then got fired a month later.  :P

Probably for sticking my finger in some guys coffee.  8)
this remind you of anyone pyro? lolololol

Ziplock

my first jobs all happened at roughly the same time, where I worked for the NSW state election at like 20+/hr, worked as a dishpig/ waiter for 19/hr, then as a full time temporary receptionist for 16/hr

13Brummy

Subway when I was 13 :D

around 12 an hour

tbagrocks

Apprentice Jockey, riding horses on the beach!

Capper

My first job was at the local fruit and veg shop in Keiraville (suburb of the Gong) packing potatoes and onions into 1,2 and 4 kilo bags in a tin shed twice a week 3 hrs a day. I think i stated @ $3.80 an hour and 4 years later left on $5 an hour

Nige

I still haven't got one.  :-[

I'm waiting for Year 12 to finish (I've got like 2 months left roughly) and then I'll be looking.

While I'm on the topic, any recommendations? 

Maca24

Quote from: NigeyS on September 09, 2012, 03:24:12 PM
I still haven't got one.  :-[

I'm waiting for Year 12 to finish (I've got like 2 months left roughly) and then I'll be looking.

While I'm on the topic, any recommendations?
Supermarkets, Restaurants, Pubs?
Good for getting your foot in the door.

Dudge

1st job in 1977 was concreting-and in 2012 still concreting geez my back hurts

fidou

Quote from: Dudge on September 09, 2012, 09:03:25 PM
When I saw your post I started to get back pain!!! Man when I see you guys come in and concrete gee you finish it quickly ...... obviously because of the concrete drying but gee it must be a tough gig.

Dudge

Quote from: fidou on September 09, 2012, 10:11:11 PM
Quote from: Dudge on September 09, 2012, 09:03:25 PM
When I saw your post I started to get back pain!!! Man when I see you guys come in and concrete gee you finish it quickly ...... obviously because of the concrete drying but gee it must be a tough gig.

Yeah mate, the actual concrete dictates our day. the exact same amount of meterage on the ground, from day to day depends on, no. 1 the batcher, no.2 the weather, no.3 the prep (ground base) . Some days we'll sit there and wait for the concrete to dry, and other days we can't stop for a pi$$. But yeah ,beleive me it's a physically hard gig. I'm now finding out it takes it's toll on the old body