WXV Preliminary Finals - Pumas, Cobras, Suns, Armadillos

Started by ossie85, August 21, 2012, 02:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MajorLazer

Quote from: Maca24 on August 23, 2012, 01:42:01 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on August 23, 2012, 01:39:19 PM

Ablett has done that for a while Maca! Though he is due, not that it really matters, but is playing Carlton at home.
It's a hard one, I guess having an early pick in the draft was a huge advantage! :P
I think I had a later pick, but that also means I should have better depth. But I lack a permanent captain  :(
I think my team lacks both of thse things. :P

CrowsFan

Maca24

Purple 77

And the Armadillos will be dancing after Joel Selwoods' omission through "Soreness"

PowerBug

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 23, 2012, 07:55:57 PM
And the Armadillos will be dancing after Joel Selwoods' omission through "Soreness"
Yeah, but someone'e DT isn't laughing with Sloane and Selwood not there. :-\

FisherSaints

PowerBug

From the Official drfat thread, back in April this year:
Quote from: PowerBug on April 12, 2012, 10:37:35 AM
Quote from: My Chumps on April 12, 2012, 01:26:30 AM
I'm going to go ahead and say Pendlebury > Ablett > Selwood = Murphy > Swan for WXV's.

Thoughts?
The way the season has started, yes. Although should Swanny pump out 160+ at the back end of the season, i won't be complaining.

I started a little onversation when i picked up Swanny over GAJ back when the draft started. 160 this week please.

CrowsFan

Pumas Preliminary Final Squad

Def - Waters, Houli, McMahon, White
Mid - Ablett, Wallis, Duncan, Hannebery
Fwd - Roughead, Blair, Wright, Whitecross
Ruck - Jacobs
Int - Minson, Zaharakis

Emg - Porplyzia, Smith, Tuohy

Captain - Gary Ablett
Vice Captain - Sam Jacobs

In - Simon White, Mitch Duncan, Dan Hannebery, David Zaharakis
Out - Sam Fisher (toe), Rory Sloane (elbow), Hamish Hartlett (suspended), Jon Griffin (groin)

New - Simon White, Mitch Duncan

So 4 changes to the Pumas squad that played 2 weeks ago in the qualifying final, with all of them being forced. Sam Fisher, Rory Sloane and Jon Griffin all picked up injuries during the week and so are sitting out the game, whilst Hartlett is serving a suspension. Returning to the squad is David Zaharakis, who has not played for the Pumas since round 10, but he had a run out for the reserves last week and so we are hoping he is fit to go. It was a very tough decision on who to field between Zaha and Porps for the final spot, but that game time last week convinced me Zaha was the man for the job, with Porps named as the first emergency.
Dan Hannebery also earns a recall this week, mainly due to the fact that we are missing 3 of our first choice midfielders in Cross, Sloane and Hartlett for various reasons, so he knows he needs to put in a great shift if he wants to remain in the squad for the grand final next week if we make it there. If he doesn't work hard we wont make it anyway so he knows there is a lot of pressure to perform well.
It's always a nervous occasion when you are making your debut, but to debut in a preliminary final must be almost too much to bear! Luckily for Simon White and Mitch Duncan they can go through the experience together, with the rest of the team giving them their full support. White is replacing Fisher in the defensive line, whilst Duncan finally gets his chance in the senior team after toiling away in the reserves all season, where he was eventually named in the Reserve All-Worlds Team. Duncan has definitely worked hard for his chance and he truly deserves it. White and Duncan will be presented with their jerseys before the bounce, with White taking the number 29 jersey and Duncan number 30.

Go Pumas!!

Maca24

Best of luck CF.. I'm struggling on who to name as captain such an important choice!

CrowsFan

Yes best of luck to you too maca, forgot to mention that in my post :(

I would say you've made the right choice in Maric, he's been so consistent this year. Although you could take the risk on someone like Bartel or Chappy killing it against the Dogs, or Goddard against the Giants ;)

I thought it was best if I just left it with the tried and tested Ablett, even if he may end up being tagged by Carrots...

Maca24

I'm thinking McLean against the suns! :p yeah well if I had ablett he would be my captain!

Maca24

meow meow

Maca24

Quote from: meow meow on August 24, 2012, 04:51:24 PM
When it rains, it pours! CF is having rotten luck.
Not wrong! If he does play though expect him to shred regardless.

My Chumps

Def: Grimes, Gwilt, A Johnson, Wood
Mid: T Cotchin, Watson (C), JPK (VC), Curnow
Ruck: Bird (half points)
Fwd: Sylvia, O'Keefe, Hawkins, Thomas
Int: Milne, Dunn

Em: Guthrie, Skinner, Coad

In: Wood, Thomas, Dunn
Out: Guthrie (omitted), Cameron (leg), Selwood (soreness  >:()

Injuries strike harder! Dunn makes his WXV's debut in a prelim final! Although he has been in fine form averaging 119 over the last three weeks... hope he can keep it up this week on the big stage.

Selwood out is a kick in the crotch, and of course, half points in the ruck makes this super difficult. Still, if the boys put in there best effort, we should be able to have a win.

Go Cobras!